Would you pretend to be Christian for money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 05:05 PM
Would you pretend to be Christian for money?
A funny idea that I entertained my self a moment ago when I say a picture on my facebook feed that had a fake Joel Olsteen telling some woman that he will send her "super prayers" to god for the price of a donation lol. Then the idea that I entertained myself once again was...hey..I wonder if I could actually throw my pride and self respect and values to the side if it meant making a shit load of money. Only to realize that well...hell..Even though I don't necessarily care about the number of viewers on my youtube channel since I basically only do it for fun anyway and put no effort into doing a lot of video editing etc, I highly doubt since I only managed like 71 subscribers there that I could ever get AAAANNNYYY~BODY! To even listen to me pretending to be a Christian, let alone Give me their money. But, if people would listen to me and give me money, I am not quite sure if that was nessessarily be a bad thing per se.

So, if you somehow "knew" you could make a ton of money being a Televangelist or something similar to what Olsteen does, and you knew you could make a killing off what is basically stealing money from other people, would you pretend to get the money? I work making pizza for min wage. I can barely pay my bills because I have thousands in credit card bills due to medical and food reasons when my food stamps ran out and I had no food at the end of the month. So, I don't know 100% myself. I can see myself enjoying the money but what those people DO and having to talk about all that Christian crap would be like....UGH. But I think I am on the fence leaning to yes lol. But I have to keep reminding myself that I have a really boring voice and I am in no way eloquent in how I form my sentences...I also have a quite and submissive personality in real person which I would have to do since showing your actual face would be a must.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2016, 05:10 PM
RE: Would you pretend to be Christian for money?
I didn't mention my atheism at a job interview in the Bible Belt. Does that count?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
03-08-2016, 05:19 PM
(03-08-2016 05:10 PM)cactus Wrote:  I didn't mention my atheism at a job interview in the Bible Belt. Does that count?

I guess that could be close enough lol.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-08-2016, 05:24 PM
As an atheist I would have to do it only for prank/hoax purposes, set up the fake evangelism business, ask for money for prayers and faith healing type stuff, get a following then before it get's too far admit the front, make a point about faith being useless and how actual evangelists lie all the time, don't get taxed and then still pretend to have the moral high ground. In that case even if I was successful I would feel bad spending the money, I'd probably donate it to a charity, maybe the human rights campaign or give it back.

I would agree this would be a difficult undertaking, I think it would be easier to create a fake religion and make money that way a la flying spaghetti monster. I think atheists just love that kind of stuff, that way you are not fooling anyone and any money you get is being freely given and not coerced.

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
03-08-2016, 05:32 PM
For money? I'm holding a sermon.
"Praaaasie the Loooord"

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
03-08-2016, 05:33 PM
I would do literally anything if the money is right. Anything.
03-08-2016, 05:35 PM
Why wouldn't Girly?

#sigh
03-08-2016, 06:08 PM
(03-08-2016 05:05 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  A funny idea that I entertained my self a moment ago when I say a picture on my facebook feed that had a fake Joel Olsteen telling some woman that he will send her "super prayers" to god for the price of a donation lol. Then the idea that I entertained myself once again was...hey..I wonder if I could actually throw my pride and self respect and values to the side if it meant making a shit load of money. Only to realize that well...hell..Even though I don't necessarily care about the number of viewers on my youtube channel since I basically only do it for fun anyway and put no effort into doing a lot of video editing etc, I highly doubt since I only managed like 71 subscribers there that I could ever get AAAANNNYYY~BODY! To even listen to me pretending to be a Christian, let alone Give me their money. But, if people would listen to me and give me money, I am not quite sure if that was nessessarily be a bad thing per se.

So, if you somehow "knew" you could make a ton of money being a Televangelist or something similar to what Olsteen does, and you knew you could make a killing off what is basically stealing money from other people, would you pretend to get the money? I work making pizza for min wage. I can barely pay my bills because I have thousands in credit card bills due to medical and food reasons when my food stamps ran out and I had no food at the end of the month. So, I don't know 100% myself. I can see myself enjoying the money but what those people DO and having to talk about all that Christian crap would be like....UGH. But I think I am on the fence leaning to yes lol. But I have to keep reminding myself that I have a really boring voice and I am in no way eloquent in how I form my sentences...I also have a quite and submissive personality in real person which I would have to do since showing your actual face would be a must.

A long time ago I made the decision when looking for 'just any work' that I couldn't allow myself to work at a bank or similar institution, because I am sure that sooner or later I would figure how to help myself to some of the money always passing thru my hands. But yes I would be as phony as most Christians if I felt I could clean up with the game. I would steal a million dollars if I felt there was a 90 % chance I wouldn't get caught (answers the same question, doesn't it?)
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post
03-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Yes. It's not my problem if people are gullible morons.
03-08-2016, 06:21 PM
Why not?

I mean every damn pastor, priest, and minister is doing it and raking in a bloody fortune!

Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes GoingUp's post