Would you pretend to be Christian for money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-08-2016, 07:05 PM
RE: Would you pretend to be Christian for money?
I.... honestly don't care about money enough to do that.

But I DO care about getting a few laughs, so I could do this:

And I'm also a sneaky bastard, so I could do it in a deliberate effort to undermine the faith.

But just to get rich? No.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Reltzik's post
03-08-2016, 08:50 PM
(03-08-2016 07:05 PM)Reltzik Wrote:  I.... honestly don't care about money enough to do that.

But I DO care about getting a few laughs, so I could do this:

And I'm also a sneaky bastard, so I could do it in a deliberate effort to undermine the faith.

But just to get rich? No.

I remember that video. If I do decide to become a Christian Televangilist or try to be a youtube televangilist I will have to remember that video so I can con, I mean remember all the different levels people need to reach....like the mountain level.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
03-08-2016, 08:56 PM
I couldn't do it no matter how much money was at stake. My straight face isn't good enough to keep up the pretense, and neither is My stomach.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2016, 01:07 AM
No, I despise religion too much. Also while I'm far from being best guy you ever meet lying on such scale isn't something that I would agree too.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
04-08-2016, 03:01 AM
I do fake being a Christian for money. If anyone knew I was an atheist I would very likely lose my job.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
04-08-2016, 03:43 AM
(04-08-2016 03:01 AM)Losty Wrote:  I do fake being a Christian for money. If anyone knew I was an atheist I would very likely lose my job.

There is a difference between faking it to keep your job and faking it because you want to fleece people.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
04-08-2016, 03:59 AM
I'm currently applying for a job that has lots of travel to an office in America. If I get an offer and accept it then I look forward to not hiding my atheism while visiting America if the opportunity arises.

But then I'm someone who would admit to things at school that would result in ridicule, ostracisation and even physical violence even if they weren't true because I resented the fact that there was a pressure on me to conform to an arbitrary idea of acceptability.

I prefer to smash the system rather than profit from it. I find that far more fun.
04-08-2016, 05:42 AM
Is this going to be a one-time payment, or a steady paycheck???

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-08-2016, 05:53 AM
Not necessarily for televangelism, but as a general rule I don't hesitate to put on a social identity mask if I feel it's necessary to suit my needs in a society that is populated predominantly with groups of varying inconsistent ideas and subcultures based on irrationality. Whether it's a political mask, a theist masks, or a not a psychopath mask makes no difference. Deception is a critical part of the survival of every living thing. Our camouflage may take on a slightly different form, but it's more or less the same concept.

I don't see atheism as being self defining. I view the world through the lenses of agnosticism, and atheism is the conclusion I have settled on as a result of that view, but I can still be happy in my lack of belief whether the rest of the world is aware of it or not. It's not necessary most of the time, but I don't overlook the option of feigning religion when it suits my needs. And I'm usually more convincing of it than people who actually are religious.

'Murican Canadian
04-08-2016, 05:53 AM
(04-08-2016 03:59 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm currently applying for a job that has lots of travel to an office in America. If I get an offer and accept it then I look forward to not hiding my atheism while visiting America if the opportunity arises.

You can come and not hide your atheism when visiting South Florida. We can have a coffee together and I can bore you talking about fish. Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post