Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2014, 12:14 AM
RE: Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian
(25-06-2014 07:17 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 06:54 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  Oh lets not forget they are my species, and that I can not survive without other humans around.

That's kind of extreme as I don't think humans are going to go extinct if we decide to fight for animal rights. But whatever. We are being distracted by a red herring. Like I said Veganism doesn't really have an effect there as it doesn't require a proactive role. It is interesting to talk about though. It's like the hypothetical that many love to throw out: if a building is burning down and you could save either a puppy or a human baby, which would you choose? I agree we are a social species who depend on one another quite a bit and if it were matter of saving the species I would probably choose us. Fortunately we're not doing too bad in that regard.

Anyway good talk. Even if neither side is swayed it's still a learning experience. Thanks to those of you who commented with mature and constructive input and criticism. As you can imagine I take a lot of virtual beatings for my beliefs. They're worse in the Christian Right crowds though their arguments usually aren't as clever or well informed.

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I won't discourage you from trying, but I have found it nearly impossible to have an intelligent discussion about veganism here. If you want to preach to the choir though you can feel free to message me Wink.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
26-06-2014, 12:25 AM
(26-06-2014 12:14 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 07:17 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  That's kind of extreme as I don't think humans are going to go extinct if we decide to fight for animal rights. But whatever. We are being distracted by a red herring. Like I said Veganism doesn't really have an effect there as it doesn't require a proactive role. It is interesting to talk about though. It's like the hypothetical that many love to throw out: if a building is burning down and you could save either a puppy or a human baby, which would you choose? I agree we are a social species who depend on one another quite a bit and if it were matter of saving the species I would probably choose us. Fortunately we're not doing too bad in that regard.

Anyway good talk. Even if neither side is swayed it's still a learning experience. Thanks to those of you who commented with mature and constructive input and criticism. As you can imagine I take a lot of virtual beatings for my beliefs. They're worse in the Christian Right crowds though their arguments usually aren't as clever or well informed.

I won't discourage you from trying, but I have found it nearly impossible to have an intelligent discussion about veganism here. If you want to preach to the choir though you can feel free to message me Wink.

Funny, I was thinking that the guy should have meet you in the first place, as you would have gotten along well with him.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
26-06-2014, 06:11 AM
(26-06-2014 12:14 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 07:17 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  That's kind of extreme as I don't think humans are going to go extinct if we decide to fight for animal rights. But whatever. We are being distracted by a red herring. Like I said Veganism doesn't really have an effect there as it doesn't require a proactive role. It is interesting to talk about though. It's like the hypothetical that many love to throw out: if a building is burning down and you could save either a puppy or a human baby, which would you choose? I agree we are a social species who depend on one another quite a bit and if it were matter of saving the species I would probably choose us. Fortunately we're not doing too bad in that regard.

Like I said, it's better than most discussions I have. I often just hear nothing but PRATTs (point refuted a thousands times). For just a second I though someone was going to tell me plants have feelings too, but they didn't. I would have face palmed my head off of my shoulders.
27-06-2014, 10:11 PM
(26-06-2014 12:14 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Hi and welcome to the forums.

I won't discourage you from trying, but I have found it nearly impossible to have an intelligent discussion about veganism here.

That's because you are incapable of holding up your end of an intelligent dsicussion about your batshit vegan religion.

Yeah, I didn't fucking forget.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
27-06-2014, 10:14 PM
(26-06-2014 06:11 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  I often just hear nothing but PRATTs (point refuted a thousands times).

That's all any fucking vegan ever has to offer. Facepalm

27-06-2014, 10:28 PM
Kyle meet Taq, Taq, this is kyle Dodgy .
[+] 2 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
27-06-2014, 11:50 PM
(27-06-2014 10:28 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  Kyle meet Taq, Taq, this is kyle Dodgy .

Yeah. You fucking know what fucking time it ie.

28-06-2014, 09:42 AM
(27-06-2014 10:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(26-06-2014 06:11 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  I often just hear nothing but PRATTs (point refuted a thousands times).

That's all any fucking vegan ever has to offer. Facepalm

Is this your version of "I know you are but what am
I?"
28-06-2014, 09:50 AM
(28-06-2014 09:42 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  
(27-06-2014 10:14 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  That's all any fucking vegan ever has to offer. Facepalm

Is this your version of "I know you are but what am
I?"

Yeah, that's about his level of intelligent debate.

One gets used to it.

Drinking Beverage

To answer the title question... No, I wouldn't.

I was a vegetarian for about a year when I was younger but ... then ... bacon sandwiches!

I wasn't Jewish then.

One has to ask oneself the question...

If they weren't meant to be eaten, why did god make them so tasty?

Dodgy

28-06-2014, 09:54 AM
(28-06-2014 09:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(28-06-2014 09:42 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  Is this your version of "I know you are but what am
I?"

Yeah, that's about his level of intelligent debate.

One gets used to it.

Drinking Beverage

To answer the title question... No, I wouldn't.

I was a vegetarian for about a year when I was younger but ... then ... bacon sandwiches!

I wasn't Jewish then.

One has to ask oneself the question...

If they weren't meant to be eaten, why did god make them so tasty?

Dodgy

As an atheist I find myself asking the same question about human infants.
[+] 2 users Like KyleRuby's post