Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2014, 07:53 PM
RE: Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian
Dead baby is excellent with humus and quinoa.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2014, 09:40 PM
(28-06-2014 09:54 AM)KyleRuby Wrote:  
(28-06-2014 09:50 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ...
One has to ask oneself the question...

If they weren't meant to be eaten, why did god make them so tasty?

Dodgy

As an atheist I find myself asking the same question about human infants.

I know.

Theists will never understand.

:sigh:

28-06-2014, 10:37 PM
Michael, I like you, I really do.

The preaching of Veganism and the immorality of meat eating smacks of the same drivel as much of the religious rhetoric.

Believe as I believe and do as I do or you are an immoral person and thus I am better than you are.

Here's the deal...I don't care what religion someone is, for the most part, as long as they aren't trying to make me follow the same beliefs. Trying to use a perceived moral high ground pisses me the fuck off.

When a vegan decides that they are going to convert someone who isn't vegan by using the abuse of animals argument - it's the same thing. Trying to guilt people into following along due to some feeling of moral superiority.

You or any other Vegan out there...have at it. More meat for me that way. Just do it and leave the attempts at conversion out of it. I don't give a flying damn what someone does or does not eat and I certainly don't see why anyone would care what I eat - other than perhaps my doctor.

As the granddaughter of a farmer and a fisherman I don't see a diet of carrots in my future and I am damn sure not giving up bacon or a good cheeseburger.

No one here is fond of religious preaching and I don't see that preaching the Vegan gospel is all that well received either. Making a suggestion is one thing, playing the morality card is not going to win anyone over.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-06-2014, 10:54 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2014 11:05 PM by GirlyMan.)
Which one lets me eat meat? ... Oh and I still have an outstanding question on whether vegheads allow insects? 'Cause they're already eating them and shit. I think a diet of fruits and vegetables and nuts and insects would not only be healthy but quite tasty as well.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
29-06-2014, 12:10 AM
If I choose vegan or vegetarian, but I have a tapeworm, what do I do? Does it become my baby? Unsure
29-06-2014, 01:19 AM
My ex is a vegetarian, she once told me she won't eat anything that has a face. She didn't have a problem with fish though, what a hypocrite.
She is also Catholic. Big Grin
29-06-2014, 01:39 AM
(29-06-2014 01:19 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  ...
what a hypocrite.

Implied synonym?

Consider

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
29-06-2014, 01:44 AM
(29-06-2014 01:39 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-06-2014 01:19 AM)pablo628 Wrote:  ...
what a hypocrite.

Implied synonym?

Consider

Implied? No, I was screaming it. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
29-06-2014, 03:15 AM
(29-06-2014 12:10 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  If I choose vegan or vegetarian, but I have a tapeworm, what do I do? Does it become my baby? Unsure

Treat it with medication I hope Undecided
29-06-2014, 03:30 AM
(28-06-2014 10:54 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Which one lets me eat meat? ... Oh and I still have an outstanding question on whether vegheads allow insects? 'Cause they're already eating them and shit. I think a diet of fruits and vegetables and nuts and insects would not only be healthy but quite tasty as well.

There is a minimize harm mantra, basically.

I wanted to find just the definition, but this opinion piece was higher on the google search and I am lazy.

http://freefromharm.org/veganism/imperfe...pian-myth/