Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-06-2014, 03:38 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2014 03:46 AM by Michael_Tadlock.)
RE: Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian
(28-06-2014 10:37 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Michael, I like you, I really do.

The preaching of Veganism and the immorality of meat eating smacks of the same drivel as much of the religious rhetoric.

Believe as I believe and do as I do or you are an immoral person and thus I am better than you are.

Here's the deal...I don't care what religion someone is, for the most part, as long as they aren't trying to make me follow the same beliefs. Trying to use a perceived moral high ground pisses me the fuck off.

When a vegan decides that they are going to convert someone who isn't vegan by using the abuse of animals argument - it's the same thing. Trying to guilt people into following along due to some feeling of moral superiority.

You or any other Vegan out there...have at it. More meat for me that way. Just do it and leave the attempts at conversion out of it. I don't give a flying damn what someone does or does not eat and I certainly don't see why anyone would care what I eat - other than perhaps my doctor.

As the granddaughter of a farmer and a fisherman I don't see a diet of carrots in my future and I am damn sure not giving up bacon or a good cheeseburger.

No one here is fond of religious preaching and I don't see that preaching the Vegan gospel is all that well received either. Making a suggestion is one thing, playing the morality card is not going to win anyone over.

I like you to Anjele Heart .

You want to be left alone. I get it. No guilt trips with dinner. Makes sense.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Michael_Tadlock's post
03-07-2014, 08:19 AM
I have an allergy to fish. Pescatarianism would kill me. I also have problems with soy. Veganism would be a death sentence. I MIGHT be able to get by on eggs and dairy, but that's as far as I could go, since I don't eat a lot of processed sugars and carbs. If I don't get a sufficient amount of fat and protein I get extremely depressed.
03-07-2014, 08:29 AM
Couldn't stand to be either but am more than happy for everyone else to take it up - more bacon and lamb shanks for me that way Big GrinDrooling
03-07-2014, 09:40 AM
I could do either of I had to. Food habits ate easy for me to break, but I don't see why the heck I'd ever want to be either.

Nearly every time I've gotten overweight I just quit eating anything but low cal/carb veggies and tillapia and lose a pound a day until I get to the point I want. It is pretty simple for me to transition to a diet, and just rinse repeat every few years when I realize I've gained more than I like, but I can't fathom why anyone would purposely deal with such a bland diets for years at a time.

For the one who commented they think they are better than others for being a tool. Congrats, you are a moron.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
13-08-2014, 10:14 PM
I followed a vegan way of eating a few years back and I felt really good, physically. Takes some getting used to but you can get creative.

Be true to yourself. Heart
13-08-2014, 10:14 PM
A vegetarian, because eggs and cheese. Smile