Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-06-2014, 01:43 PM
I just want the record to show that the vegan didn't start the Veganism debate. Lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2014, 01:43 PM
(25-06-2014 01:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 01:41 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  You're not really going there... Plants have feelings? Is that what this is?

No. (at least not that is known anyway) But they are living. Arent they?

Yes. What do you think Veganism implies?
25-06-2014, 01:45 PM
RE: Would you rather be a vegan or a vegetarian
(25-06-2014 01:41 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  Sorry. When I say it's not a big deal, I just mean it isn't complicated. It's as simple as choosing not to support the cutting of throats.

Oh, we're back to vacuous emotional appeals.

'Cause that's compelling.

... this is my signature!
[+] 2 users Like cjlr's post
25-06-2014, 01:45 PM
(25-06-2014 01:43 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 01:43 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  No. (at least not that is known anyway) But they are living. Arent they?

Yes. What do you think Veganism implies?

A person who does not eat any food that comes from animals and who often also does not use animal products. Usually for ethical reasons.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-06-2014, 01:46 PM
I just wonder where the limit ends up being. Plant life is of course different from animal life...but its life.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
25-06-2014, 01:48 PM
(25-06-2014 01:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just wonder where the limit ends up being. Plant life is of course different from animal life...but its life.

Sure, but I have to eat to live and I'll put my life over just about anyone else's, plant or animal.
25-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Vegetarian, since Vegans need to take a B12 and amino acid supplement because they can't get those nutrients anywhere else. The precautions to lead a vegan lifestyle are too tedious and annoying for me. The only good thing about veganism is that it pretty much eliminates the majority of foods most people are allergic to, but that's it. The rest is just tedious and annoying, as I said before.

At least being a vegetarian I wouldn't have to give up dairy products and eggs. I mean, I'd never make the change in the first place, anyways. There are way to many kick ass chicken and BBQ places down yonder in da South for me to ever think of making that decision. Fuck being healthy, send me all of the fried chicken in the world please.
25-06-2014, 01:51 PM
(25-06-2014 01:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 01:17 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  Is that a fact?

Yes, demonstrably so.

Go on..
(25-06-2014 01:48 PM)KyleRuby Wrote:  
(25-06-2014 01:46 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I just wonder where the limit ends up being. Plant life is of course different from animal life...but its life.

Sure, but I have to eat to live and I'll put my life over just about anyone else's, plant or animal.

I dont quite understand the end of your sentence. Are you saying your life is more important than anyone else?

At certain levels the distinction becomes very fuzzy indeed.
(like what about fungi?)

Or that many, many farmed plants are pollinated by kept bees, as I mentioned earlier. Is keeping a bee better than keeping a chicken? Is it something people just don't know? Is it a matter of keeping principles only where convenient?

Or we might consider which animals can "suffer" (a necessary condition for speaking of things like "torture")...

... this is my signature!