Would you rather die young or live to an old age

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 04:15 PM
RE: Would you rather die young or live to an old age
I think you can still enjoy your life even when you're as old as 70.... as long as you're healthy.

Dreams/Hallucinations/delusions are not evidence
Wishful thinking is not evidence
Disproved statements&Illogical conclusions are not evidence
Logical fallacies&Unsubstantiated claims are not evidence
Vague prophecies is not evidence
Data that requires a certain belief is not evidence
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2014, 05:55 PM
Rather die young.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-01-2014, 07:48 PM
Having been placed in three or four potentially immediately lethal situations in my life and surviving somehow, I will take as many years of living as possible. My ultimate goal is to out live the universe and everything just long enough to say "I win!!!!"

Always Ask "Why?". And Don't Ever Stop Asking.
08-01-2014, 07:49 PM
(08-01-2014 05:55 PM)Question Wrote:  Rather die young.

Youth is truly wasted on the young. Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Lazarus Unchained's post
08-01-2014, 07:57 PM
(08-01-2014 04:15 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I think you can still enjoy your life even when you're as old as 70.... as long as you're healthy.

70 is basically the new 50 or 40. I worked with a guy who was 75, semi-retired coz he got bored doing old mans stuff, was fit enough to run marathons and finish fairly well placed, had a sharp mind, took class in his field to improve his skills and is still going strong to this day.

My Grandfather was 90 when he passed on, right to the last couple of months of his life, he walked up to the pub for his pint, the shops to get his baccy and paper, push Grannie around town in her chair and every spring turned my cousins garden over with a fork and spade and we are talking wet heavy English soil here.

Sadly a lot of us have stopped living. By that I mean we stopped growing and learning as well as being active (for me, tear arsing about on my motorbike keeps me young and sane) and became lost in the old boob tube and now our various multi-media devices. We stopped learning and I have always believed that when you cease to learn anything new, no matter how minor, that is the day you actually died, however it often takes our bodies decades to clue into the fact we are now basically zombies.

08-01-2014, 08:04 PM
I would live till I'm old so that hopefully my conscious can reach the technology of a bionic age where I can be transferred into a younger physical form again (preferably with a tail and gills- if you're going to dream, go big).
08-01-2014, 08:09 PM
(08-01-2014 08:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I would live till I'm old so that hopefully my conscious can reach the technology of a bionic age where I can be transferred into a younger physical form again (preferably with a tail and gills- if you're going to dream, go big).

Actually, that may well be possible within the next 20 to 50 years. Experiments into imprinting thoughts and consciousness onto chips have already started. Still in very early stages, but the advances in direct brain/computer chip interfaces are astounding and the result when it comes to controlling depression are amazing.

[+] 1 user Likes Lazarus Unchained's post
08-01-2014, 08:12 PM
(08-01-2014 08:09 PM)Lazarus Unchained Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 08:04 PM)LadyJane Wrote:  I would live till I'm old so that hopefully my conscious can reach the technology of a bionic age where I can be transferred into a younger physical form again (preferably with a tail and gills- if you're going to dream, go big).

Actually, that may well be possible within the next 20 to 50 years. Experiments into imprinting thoughts and consciousness onto chips have already started. Still in very early stages, but the advances in direct brain/computer chip interfaces are astounding and the result when it comes to controlling depression are amazing.

I'm trying not to bank on it, but I am hoping. Singularity. In these posts, I'm not even being sarcastic. I get excited for the future.
08-01-2014, 09:42 PM (This post was last modified: 08-01-2014 09:45 PM by Juliana.)
Interesting but I think I will pass on being an experiment.

If our bodies (mainly speaking for women) do not work at older ages, mainly speaking of reproduction, getting older only means getting older and women are still left with if you waited too long too bad so sad. So if a woman waits to start her family and have children no matter how old she lives and is somewhat healthy she still cannot do what a man can do. If by the time a woman is reproductively too old at 30 why would anyone want to live to 90 if she cannot continue to grow?

Also are we really living longer than we have in the past? Perhaps we are but at the cost of quality.
08-01-2014, 09:52 PM
(08-01-2014 09:42 PM)Juliana Wrote:  Interesting but I think I will pass on being an experiment.

If our bodies (mainly speaking for women) do not work at older ages, mainly speaking of reproduction, getting older only means getting older and women are still left with if you waited too long too bad so sad. So if a woman waits to start her family and have children no matter how old she lives and is somewhat healthy she still cannot do what a man can do. If by the time a woman is reproductively too old at 30 why would anyone want to live to 90 if she cannot continue to grow?

Also are we really living longer than we have in the past? Perhaps we are but at the cost of quality.

Sorry but are you saying that a woman's sole worth is subject to her ability to reproduce or not? Correct me if I am misreading you, but are you actually saying that once a woman is past menopause or ceases being able to reproduce, she no longer has any reason to live? And here I thought I was the nihilistic one.

Think you best have a word with my Grannie, she is going on 94, really not able to walk far, yet still lives in her own house, tending to her needs, playing with her great Grandchildren and basically living a happy and fulfilling life. The only thing that is missing from her life is Granddad, who past away five years ago.