Would you rather die young or live to an old age

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2014, 10:15 PM
RE: Would you rather die young or live to an old age
Im not saying a womans worth is based on her ability to reporduce as there are several women who cannot reproduce. However, you kind of asnwered your own question here. Your grandmother has children and of course grandchildren. A woman who has no children has none of that and will not be able to achieve that at older ages without science intervening. If you are a man as your picture would suggest you will never know the maternal instinct.

As we age and as time goes by our lives change. It may change due to circumstances and it may change due to our own doing. Either way as you have stated living longer to grow and learn may change your views on things you want now vs things you did not want years ago. There are some things that cannot be achieved for women and a man will never know how that feels.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2014, 02:27 AM
I would like to live as long as possible, however I don't want to age. So, it's either vampirism or cryogenics for me. Come on, vampires!

09-01-2014, 06:25 AM
Missed the former, working on the latter. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-01-2014, 07:25 AM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 07:31 AM by Bows and Arrows.)
(08-01-2014 07:57 PM)Lazarus Unchained Wrote:  
(08-01-2014 04:15 PM)IndianAtheist Wrote:  I think you can still enjoy your life even when you're as old as 70.... as long as you're healthy.

70 is basically the new 50 or 40. I worked with a guy who was 75, semi-retired coz he got bored doing old mans stuff, was fit enough to run marathons and finish fairly well placed, had a sharp mind, took class in his field to improve his skills and is still going strong to this day.

My Grandfather was 90 when he passed on, right to the last couple of months of his life, he walked up to the pub for his pint, the shops to get his baccy and paper, push Grannie around town in her chair and every spring turned my cousins garden over with a fork and spade and we are talking wet heavy English soil here.

Sadly a lot of us have stopped living. By that I mean we stopped growing and learning as well as being active (for me, tear arsing about on my motorbike keeps me young and sane) and became lost in the old boob tube and now our various multi-media devices. We stopped learning and I have always believed that when you cease to learn anything new, no matter how minor, that is the day you actually died, however it often takes our bodies decades to clue into the fact we are now basically zombies.

My grandmother married for the 2nd time at age 76 to her dance partner that she had known most of her life. They danced for another 15 years together.

'you never slow down, you never grow old' - Tom Petty

I want to live as long as I can-healthy mentally and physically. But if I'm too frail to enjoy life, or too bat shit crazy-- I just want the end to be quick or come in my sleep.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-01-2014, 05:49 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2014 05:56 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-01-2014 07:25 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  'you never slow down, you never grow old' - Tom Petty

I give up. You people will never make proper programmers if you can't grasp the basic concept of GROUNDING YOUR OWN REFERENCES!

I will say that Tom Petty has looked the same for the last 40 years. I guess the lesson is get your ageing outta the way while you're still young. Tongue

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
10-01-2014, 02:41 AM
After you've died would be a better option...ya' know, unless you die young. There's always a catch.