Would you respond to vague questions about Jesus?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-03-2014, 12:15 PM
It's still fun to watch him unleash on the really hard-headed trolls.

Probably no good for his blood pressure, though.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
10-03-2014, 12:16 PM
RE: Would you respond to vague questions about Jesus?
(10-03-2014 12:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 10:56 AM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  A veneer of "politeless" on a troll is lipstick on a warthog.

You can't polish a turd.
5 months here and you haven't learned a thing. No Your approach not only doesn't work on the trolls, but "proves" atheists are the assholes many theists believe for the ones who come here looking for honest discussion. Not to mention others - theists or atheists - who just stop by to peruse and never join or post - maybe even because of you. I honestly believe your approach does far more harm than good (if it does any good at all). But you call THEM a turd. Drinking Beverage

Project much?

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
10-03-2014, 12:26 PM
(10-03-2014 12:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  ...
I honestly believe your approach does far more harm than good

^^^

This.

Am I projecting too?

10-03-2014, 12:31 PM
(10-03-2014 12:26 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  ...
I honestly believe your approach does far more harm than good

^^^

This.

Am I projecting too?

Yes. You don't know that. Your speculative opinion =/= reality.

10-03-2014, 12:53 PM
(10-03-2014 09:41 AM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  If I post a bunch of threads with vague questions that imply atheists are ignorant, or that historical Jesus has as much evidence as other historical figures, would you believe I'm not trolling for Jesus if I claimed not to be?

Anyone who thinks there is evidence for a historical jesus does not know what the fuck he's talking about in the first place.

First off, what do you even mean by a "historical" jesus?

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
10-03-2014, 12:57 PM
You know, this one.
[Image: vahanehu.jpg][Image: radenera.jpg]
Duh.

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 1 user Likes rampant.a.i.'s post
10-03-2014, 01:02 PM
You had best find out what scholars say about the "historical" jesus. Many shrink him down to some wandering preacher who got himself killed....and did not come back to life.

Only the real nuts try to claim the miracle shit is real.

[Image: reality.jpg?imgmax=800]
10-03-2014, 02:06 PM
(10-03-2014 12:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:10 PM)Impulse Wrote:  5 months here and you haven't learned a thing. No Your approach not only doesn't work on the trolls, but "proves" atheists are the assholes many theists believe for the ones who come here looking for honest discussion. Not to mention others - theists or atheists - who just stop by to peruse and never join or post - maybe even because of you. I honestly believe your approach does far more harm than good (if it does any good at all). But you call THEM a turd. Drinking Beverage

Project much?
No, not at all. And worse than being stupid is a person that can't see or admit their mistakes even when they're spelled out by many people. It's like a dog that keeps pulling on that leash thinking it might actually be able to run further than the end of it - over and over and over... never considering evidence to the contrary.

"Religion has caused more misery to all of mankind in every stage of human history than any other single idea." --Madalyn Murray O'Hair
[+] 1 user Likes Impulse's post
10-03-2014, 02:15 PM
I think TM flies off the handle a little quick at times, but I can also see his frustration with so many trolls invading these days. I would be most interested in TM's stats. How many times has TM accused someone of being a troll and been wrong? I'd be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he is right a lot more than he's wrong when it comes to sniffing out trolls. I'm not condoning the instaflame attitude he unleashes, but I'm just saying he's almost always correct in his assessment and I do enjoy when he rips them when they are a troll, because I don't have the energy to do what he does.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
10-03-2014, 02:19 PM
(10-03-2014 02:06 PM)Impulse Wrote:  
(10-03-2014 12:16 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  Project much?
No, not at all.

Yes, plenty. You don't KNOW that what you are claiming is true. You are merely speculating. If you don't like what I say, there's the ignore button.

Quote: And worse than being stupid is a person that can't see or admit their mistakes even when they're spelled out by many people. It's like a dog that keeps pulling on that leash thinking it might actually be able to run further than the end of it - over and over and over... never considering evidence to the contrary.

Your opinion =/= reality. I don't give a rat's ass about your whining.