Would you steal money?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2012, 12:57 AM
Would you steal money?
I used to work at an arcade when I was younger and thinking back I am somewhat surprised that I got hired. I was interviewed by the owner himself and he told me that the reason they were hiring, was they had caught the guy that used to work there stealing. He directly asked if he could trust me with the money in the two safes in the office. I replied truthfully. I told him that in order to accurately answer his question, I would need to know how much is in the safes on a daily basis. He told me that back in the good days when arcades were still popular and the movie theatre was still only 30 feet away, they might have as much as 15k in the office on weekends. At that time not usually more than 5k. I then replied that no, I would not steal. 5k wouldn't even get me a decent used car to get out of the country with. Nor could I live out my life on that never needing to work again. In other words I was talking about robbing him blind, not just taking a 5 here and there. I said that if he told me that on weekends when no one is around to watch me they had something absurd like a few hundred million sitting there, he could kiss that fortune goodbye. The safes would be wide open and empty on Monday when he came in. He laughed and told me I was hired. Unfortunately the arcade closed despite my best efforts to keep it going and even improve it. So, I want to know. Would you steal if the amount was large enough and would you be bold enough to tell your new boss the truth?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
14-09-2012, 01:49 AM
RE: Would you steal money?
I think you've been hanging out with those birds a little too much..

Anyone else getting a "troll" vibe from this one?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-09-2012, 01:52 AM
(14-09-2012 01:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think you've been hanging out with those birds a little too much..

Troll vibe? I am an active poster here. I was just trying to get opinions.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
14-09-2012, 02:41 AM
(14-09-2012 01:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 01:49 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think you've been hanging out with those birds a little too much..

Troll vibe? I am an active poster here. I was just trying to get opinions.

Sure, but, millions of dollars? at an arcade? in a safe? in an open safe around new employees?
Seriously?

I'm surprised an arcade would even have 5K and you're asking if there are millions of dollars?
An arcade?
Like, an arcade as in those places with the pac man and dancing games the old coin slot machines, that arcade?

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-09-2012, 03:49 AM
(14-09-2012 02:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(14-09-2012 01:52 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Troll vibe? I am an active poster here. I was just trying to get opinions.

Sure, but, millions of dollars? at an arcade? in a safe? in an open safe around new employees?
Seriously?

I'm surprised an arcade would even have 5K and you're asking if there are millions of dollars?
An arcade?
Like, an arcade as in those places with the pac man and dancing games the old coin slot machines, that arcade?

I was not asking if there would be millions of dollars. I knew that would not be the case. I was making the point that to a reasonable extent, he could trust me not to do what certain others had done.
14-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Bold enough? Sure.

You demonstrated honesty with a little irony. I would employ anyone like that.

Would I steal? No. And I have had many opportunities. I don't even steal intellectual property when I change jobs.

Stealing is a covered in the 10 commandments. Didn't you know? Wouldn't want to displease the gods.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
14-09-2012, 04:10 AM
You god damn conspirators, you now accuse everyone of being a troll. I think it's a pretty good question and a subject.

Would I take the money and run? I can't say for sure, but there is the possibility that I would. You see, I have a problem, I tend to be like a ninja, so if I were to steel it, there could be no errors and nothing could be pointing to me. In and out, without any evidence that it was me. That is the only way I work. Khm, I would work. If I were ever to do that. Speaking hypothetically. Khm, khm... Smile

As for the joking with the new boss, yeah, that part I would do definitely. Actually I do that all the time with all my bosses. Didn't get fired for it yet. Must be I do it diplomatically enough.

Evil_monster

Big Grin

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
14-09-2012, 04:47 AM
I'm not sure what it is that stops me taking things that aren't mine, or that I haven't rightfully earned. Maybe the temptation just has never been big enough, but I have never wanted to steal anything. On the other hand, I don't know, I have downloaded pirated software, and that does count as stealing. But this is about money. So no, I wouldn't.

Of course I can't truthfully say unless I've been in that situation.

"But the point is, find somebody to love. Everything else is overrated." - HouseofCantor
14-09-2012, 05:18 AM
At one time, there was a bunch of women's mags in the loony bin. Sign said, please don't take the magazines. But there was Gwynnies! So, I open 'em up, divest them of their Gwynnies, and put the rest back. Big Grin

Right in front of everybody.Big Grin

Sometimes, being crazy is da bomb. Cool

Money? That shit's fucking useless. Doesn't have any meaning, unearned; and stealing is too easy. :/

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like houseofcantor's post
14-09-2012, 05:25 AM
Its interesting to see people ponder this because if the money is enough then they can justify it over their morals and it indicates that it isnt a sort of "good will" that stops the majority stealing.... its the possible consequences that does.

Ive stolen before in the past, justified for my own reasons at the time.... now im older I like to think "treat others how you want to be treated" even though this mindset does not protect me from theft myself.

Id only steal now to feed myself/survive and that scenario... whilst possible, at this moment in time is unlikely.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.