Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-06-2015, 10:45 AM
RE: Would you throw dog dirt at Westbro protesters
(23-06-2015 10:34 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  WBC = Westbro Baptist Chruch

Yup - I'm a slow one today. Blush

I edited ...
I hate posting from a phone. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-06-2015, 10:52 AM
Yes and that's what I mean concerned citizens HAVE to take action, at least
OUR veteran's have some governmental protection you see what I mean by divided by a common language and customs. I'm sorry just very protective of all veterans regardless of nationality Taliban excepted
23-06-2015, 11:08 AM
Interestingly, I live in the town that created Veteran's Day, here in the US.

We have a couple of different "patriotic" day, type of celebrations but, Veterans Day is the big one that nationally salutes our veterans, specifically.

We do try to take care of our soldiers... not just one celebratory day or on the day of their funeral, either. Vets have special benefits for medical treatment, supplies, and living expenses. While it is true that some slip through the cracks, our Vets are provided for.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
23-06-2015, 11:13 AM
Hell I know you guys look after your veterans for sure I just think the government should give them some protection from the likes of Westbro especially after the ultimate sacrifice
23-06-2015, 11:18 AM
Oops, guess I shouldn't say "created".. rather established ...
Quote:U.S. Representative Ed Rees from Emporia, Kansas, presented a bill establishing the holiday through Congress. President Dwight D. Eisenhower, also from Kansas, signed the bill into law on May 26, 1954. It had been eight and a half years since Weeks held his first Armistice Day celebration for all veterans.

Congress amended the bill on June 1, 1954, replacing "Armistice" with "Veterans," and it has been known as Veterans Day since.

23-06-2015, 11:24 AM
(23-06-2015 11:13 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Hell I know you guys look after your veterans for sure I just think the government should give them some protection from the likes of Westbro especially after the ultimate sacrifice

Well ... we often like to pride ourselves on our ability to fly by the seat of our pants. Laws have a way of being "worked around". Wink

Many of our Vets here have a saying - Freedom isn't free. Kind of says a lot.

23-06-2015, 11:25 AM
But no protection in law from the likes of westbro bastardy interrupting funerals
23-06-2015, 11:38 AM
(23-06-2015 11:25 AM)adey67 Wrote:  But no protection in law from the likes of westbro bastardy interrupting funerals

Can't - it would be against their (our) constitutional right to assemble. That's why we "work around". Wink

Keeps us on our toes. Wink

Get over it, man - we LOVE being wiley, American rascals and our Vets wouldn't have it any other way! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
23-06-2015, 11:40 AM
Lolz love you guys
23-06-2015, 11:54 AM
I personally wouldn't toss dogshit at them but I'd turn a blind eye if I witnessed someone else do it.
[+] 1 user Likes Drunkin Druid's post