Would you want to go to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2015, 01:38 PM
RE: Would you want to go to heaven?
I think god is cynical enough to pull the switcharoo on people. Therefore I am positing that heaven is hell and hell is heaven based on 1 Kings 22:22. My answer then is no. Hobo

Oh and no again, also because it will have no guitars and I want to turn them up to 11.

**Crickets** -- God
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2015, 01:43 PM
(04-06-2015 10:52 AM)Geopum Wrote:  Does the idea of having your life being perfect, or far better than it is now, frighten you?
Perfection sounds perfectly boring.
05-06-2015, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2015 04:26 PM by WalkingSnake.)
St. Peter: "Um, God?"

God: "Yes, my son."

St. Peter: "Hey, this guy Charlie that just died. He was pretty much your number one fan. He did everything you wanted. He did it for the right reasons. He was humble and righteous."

God: "Yeah, very good servant. Very proud of his work."

St. Peter: "So... Why's he in Hell?"

God: "He's a masochist."

EDIT: Yes, cue the airplane crash sound effect please. That was horrible

My blog
[Image: communion_zpslrzvgcuh.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes WalkingSnake's post
05-06-2015, 04:47 PM
In order to answer this hypothetical question regarding this hypothetical place, I need a detailed definition of exactly what 'heaven' is.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
05-06-2015, 05:01 PM
(05-06-2015 04:47 PM)Banjo Wrote:  In order to answer this hypothetical question regarding this hypothetical place, I need a detailed definition of exactly what 'heaven' is.

That's gonna be a difficult one:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9)

My blog
05-06-2015, 05:15 PM
(05-06-2015 05:01 PM)WalkingSnake Wrote:  That's gonna be a difficult one:

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him” (1 Corinthians 2:9)

Sounds like a classic ambush.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
Banjo.
05-06-2015, 06:19 PM
(05-06-2015 05:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

LOL it probably is. God: "Come on in. It's beautiful. Oh, uh, take this." Piece of paper with a "safe word" on it.

My blog
05-06-2015, 06:57 PM
St Peter is armed with an AK47 ready to take us out! Smile

Banjo.
05-06-2015, 07:10 PM
(05-06-2015 05:15 PM)Banjo Wrote:  

I think it's meant to evoke, "heaven is better than you can possibly imagine" but you're right ... how can you evaluate the goodness if you can't conceive of it?
06-06-2015, 12:23 PM
What kind of neighbor must heaven be in to need a gate?

As I understand it in Judaism there is no such place as hell. It's just a matter of distance from God. Like going to a concert a nose bleed section compared to the front row.

Hell was a later addition when the Church tried converting Pagans. (Correct me if i'm wrong)

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin