Would you want to go to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2015, 12:38 PM
RE: Would you want to go to heaven?
(05-06-2015 01:38 PM)Tonechaser77 Wrote:  I think god is cynical enough to pull the switcharoo on people. Therefore I am positing that heaven is hell and hell is heaven based on 1 Kings 22:22. My answer then is no. Hobo

Oh and no again, also because it will have no guitars and I want to turn them up to 11.

What? Where does it say this?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-06-2015, 01:47 PM
I'd love to go to heaven, if it were on my terms only.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-06-2015, 09:14 AM
(04-06-2015 10:52 AM)Geopum Wrote:  Would you want to go to heaven if it were real? Why do you want to go to heaven?

Let us say that heaven was a place where you live forever and your life is basically perfect. There you are watched over constantly by an ominscient, omnipotent and ominbenevolent god who does sincerely care about your well being and ensures that everything is good.

Would you be frightened by the fact that such a being would have constant access to the contents of your mind and see everything you did? Or the fact that you'd be living forever? Does the idea of having your life being perfect, or far better than it is now, frighten you?

your looking at something positive as something negative. god would see you if you was in hell too he sees all and knows all. but its a good thing if your in heaven because he will care about you and your needs will become his. words cannot describe and mind cant imagne what he has prepared for us. should we choose him of course. legendaryjosh@msn.com
08-06-2015, 01:38 PM
(08-06-2015 09:14 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  
(04-06-2015 10:52 AM)Geopum Wrote:  Would you want to go to heaven if it were real? Why do you want to go to heaven?

Let us say that heaven was a place where you live forever and your life is basically perfect. There you are watched over constantly by an ominscient, omnipotent and ominbenevolent god who does sincerely care about your well being and ensures that everything is good.

Would you be frightened by the fact that such a being would have constant access to the contents of your mind and see everything you did? Or the fact that you'd be living forever? Does the idea of having your life being perfect, or far better than it is now, frighten you?

your looking at something positive as something negative. god would see you if you was in hell too he sees all and knows all. but its a good thing if your in heaven because he will care about you and your needs will become his. words cannot describe and mind cant imagne what he has prepared for us. should we choose him of course. legendaryjosh@msn.com

Rolleyes

Where the fuck do these guys come from? Is there like a breeding program or something?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-06-2015, 01:51 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2015 01:58 PM by natachan.)

That's creepy. Some of us don't want or need constant supervision. We prefer to be treated like adults.

Also, "you're" not "your", capitalize the first word in each sentence, "it's" not "its", and please check for proper use of punctuation, articles, and prepositions.

And my challenge to any theist still stands. Define your god in a way that is coherent and not logically impossible and I will be happy to discuss it.

Edit: damn autocorrect
08-06-2015, 01:54 PM
(08-06-2015 09:14 AM)prycejosh Wrote:  your looking at something positive as something negative. god would see you if you was in hell too he sees all and knows all. but its a good thing if your in heaven because he will care about you and your needs will become his. words cannot describe and mind cant imagne what he has prepared for us. should we choose him of course.

You seem to be very sure about something that your mind can't imagine. Where's the evidence supporting your claims?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 3 users Like unfogged's post
08-06-2015, 02:36 PM
But -- if you're going to be in heaven every day --- after a while, the thrill will wear off ----

and then ---

Where are you going to go for a fucking vacation???????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
08-06-2015, 03:35 PM
(08-06-2015 02:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But -- if you're going to be in heaven every day --- after a while, the thrill will wear off ----

and then ---

Where are you going to go for a fucking vacation???????
Maybe we all went to heaven, came to this fake Earth for vacation, and we atheists are just at the end of trip?
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
09-06-2015, 08:31 AM

Welcome.

Which made up god are you referring to? (KJV) Psalms 82.1 may give you a clue of what I am referring to Smile

How do you know what this alleged god, whichever one you are referring too, cares for you and your needs? Is this the same mythical god that sat with his thumb buried wrist deep in his ass while his "chosen people" were marched by the millions into the death chambers?

How do you know what he has prepared for us? Please explain....

By the way, you can feel free to use the big words on me, I am fluent in Christian doctrine, have the degree and everything.

Good luck

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
09-06-2015, 08:34 AM
To echo MSBB...Nope!

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume