Would you want to go to heaven?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2015, 08:34 AM
RE: Would you want to go to heaven?
(08-06-2015 03:35 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(08-06-2015 02:36 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  But -- if you're going to be in heaven every day --- after a while, the thrill will wear off ----

and then ---

Where are you going to go for a fucking vacation???????
Maybe we all went to heaven, came to this fake Earth for vacation, and we atheists are just at the end of trip?

That makes just as much sense as anything the "devout" have ever come up with....

Now you just need to apply for tax free status - and you've got your own religion...

Hobo

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-08-2015, 01:51 PM
(04-06-2015 10:52 AM)Geopum Wrote:  Would you want to go to heaven if it were real? Why do you want to go to heaven?

Let us say that heaven was a place where you live forever and your life is basically perfect. There you are watched over constantly by an ominscient, omnipotent and ominbenevolent god who does sincerely care about your well being and ensures that everything is good.

Would you be frightened by the fact that such a being would have constant access to the contents of your mind and see everything you did? Or the fact that you'd be living forever? Does the idea of having your life being perfect, or far better than it is now, frighten you?
No, I wouldn't want to go to this kind of heaven. I am glad that heaven is not this kind of place.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
09-08-2015, 01:54 PM
It's a nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

#sigh
09-08-2015, 01:56 PM

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
09-08-2015, 05:01 PM (This post was last modified: 09-08-2015 05:06 PM by GirlyMan.)

#sigh
09-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Not at all.

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
09-08-2015, 06:42 PM
Anything for eternity, or even just a very, very long time, seems to hold the prospect of intense boredom. I mean, if it were like an endless opiate high, well, a doped-up version of me might go for it. But seriously, pure comfort and pleasure and love all the time ... wouldn't that get stultifying, just like anything "forever"?

Plus, god is an asshole.

God does not work in mysterious ways — he works in ways that are indistinguishable from his non-existence.
Jesus had a pretty rough weekend for your sins.
[+] 1 user Likes claywise's post
09-08-2015, 07:56 PM
(04-06-2015 10:52 AM)Geopum Wrote:  Would you want to go to heaven if it were real? Why do you want to go to heaven?

Let us say that heaven was a place where you live forever and your life is basically perfect. There you are watched over constantly by an ominscient, omnipotent and ominbenevolent god who does sincerely care about your well being and ensures that everything is good.

Would you be frightened by the fact that such a being would have constant access to the contents of your mind and see everything you did? Or the fact that you'd be living forever? Does the idea of having your life being perfect, or far better than it is now, frighten you?

Nope, mainly because I've met some very obnoxious people who claim to be children of God. I love my family, but I really have to wonder if I want to risk an eternity of the fundamentalist Christians telling me " I told you so. "

On the opposite end of the spectrum, what good does eternal punishment do? I thought punishment was a mechanism for someone to learn from their mistakes.Huh

[Image: spore_creature___placerias_png_by_tote_m...7onlgm.png]" Placerias tastes amazing. " --- Me
09-08-2015, 08:04 PM
Would I want to go to heaven?

Hell no.

simple question...simple answer

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.