Poll: Would you?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 06:46 PM (This post was last modified: 05-04-2017 01:24 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?
Years ago I was fiddling around with Photoshop and came up with my own rendition of what "the mark of the beast" from Revelation would look like.

The other day I was thinking about it. I think it's a cool looking symbol, and I thought about possibly making some T-shirts with it.

If given the opportunity, would you wear one? Would you wear a symbol that told the world your allegiance lies with the Antichrist?

Of course, for us atheists or agnostics, it would be like wearing a T-shirt of Voldemort or Darth Vader. But the believers might have a different perspective it on.

I think it would make a great "conversation starter" from people who saw it and were curious what it meant. Then you get to tell them it's the Antichrist's symbol. And depending on who you're talking to, it might lead to some interesting conversation, for better or worse.

Here's how it looks...

Link Removed

Please respond to this thread with a "Yes" - I'd want to wear one, or a "No" - not for me.

Thanks!

Poll added by moderator
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 06:56 PM
RE: Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?
Umm, I probably wouldn't wear it, but that's just because I hate confrontation.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
02-04-2017, 07:00 PM
During the first gulf war I made and wore a t-shirt that said, "The Gulf War is for Pussies" but I'm too old for all that in your face stuff now.
02-04-2017, 07:18 PM
since the entire premise of an antichrist is horse shit, No.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
02-04-2017, 07:22 PM
No I wouldn't wear it.

For the same reason I wouldn't wear a T-shirt with a picture of the flying spaghetti monster, I don't think countering religious silliness with even more silliness is a good idea.

You don't fight fires with fire, you fight fires with water.

But mostly because the first person I'd have to explain what the symbol on the T-shirt meant, would be my wife.... who quite possibly might "Jack Bauer" me with it.

She knows I'm an atheist, but there are some lines that can't be crossed.

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
02-04-2017, 07:38 PM
No. But only because it's not a plaid button up shirt.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
02-04-2017, 07:51 PM
^^ What's with the towel stomach thing? That sounds like a load of bullshit to me. Blink

Wasn't most of that weird crap in Revelation just describing modern day events that were taking place in Rome at the time?

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
02-04-2017, 07:56 PM
On my phone which doesn't like polling so I didn't vote -- but no, I wouldn't wear it. It's a cool design, though.
(02-04-2017 06:56 PM)cactus Wrote:  Umm, I probably wouldn't wear it, but that's just because I hate confrontation.

It would be up to you if you explained to people what the symbol meant.

But would you wear it, knowing what it meant and knowing that others had no clue?

(02-04-2017 06:56 PM)skyking Wrote:  since the entire premise of an antichrist is horse shit, No.

But wouldn't that be the point? Representing something you know is fiction to people who believe it's real?

(02-04-2017 06:56 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  No. But only because it's not a plaid button up shirt.

What if it came in plaid? Would you wear it then?

P.S. Thanks to the mods for turning this into a poll!
It's a decent design and I am sure there are some who would wear it.

I wear band t-shirts, tattoo shop t-shirts, evolution t-shirts, TTA t-shirts, Bloom County t-shirts, Keep Austin Weird t-shirts...but since the 666 symbol means nothing to me...I wouldn't purchase one. I would rather wear my Zenquin or my Penguin Lust shirt.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post