Poll: Would you?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2017, 01:57 PM
RE: Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?
Thanks to everyone who gave me constructive feedback, not including those who tried to turn the thread into a flame war, of course. You're just rude and lack tact.

The poll is at 6 for "Yes" and 7 for "No" ... about half and half.

If you went with a "Yes," please do leave a comment too! Only the "No" people have been commenting, by the looks of it, and I'd love to hear what you "Yes" people think too, in your own words.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-04-2017, 02:17 PM
(03-04-2017 01:57 PM)Gimple Wrote:  Thanks to everyone who gave me constructive feedback, not including those who tried to turn the thread into a flame war, of course. You're just rude and lack tact.

The poll is at 6 for "Yes" and 7 for "No" ... about half and half.

If you went with a "Yes," please do leave a comment too! Only the "No" people have been commenting, by the looks of it, and I'd love to hear what you "Yes" people think too, in your own words.

Seriously dude? You've taken this topic about as far as you can.

You won't be selling them here and it doesn't matter if anyone really likes them or not, people have given you honest feedback.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-04-2017, 02:30 PM
(03-04-2017 02:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Seriously dude? You've taken this topic about as far as you can.

You won't be selling them here and it doesn't matter if anyone really likes them or not, people have given you honest feedback.

Well, that was on topic.
03-04-2017, 03:00 PM
(03-04-2017 01:57 PM)Gimple Wrote:  If you went with a "Yes," please do leave a comment too! Only the "No" people have been commenting, by the looks of it, and I'd love to hear what you "Yes" people think too, in your own words.
I do think it looks ugly. It's big and right in the middle of the chest. It seems quite awkwardly positioned.

I showed the Maiden T-shirt because I thought their incorporation of 666 was aesthetically beautiful. I also don't get the idea of mocking of the religious folk though.
It seems a bit juvenile to me. I'd prefer a symbol that represents Free Thinking or science or something (as an alternative to religious myth thinking) But not an Anti symbol, a symbol for something rather than against.

If we are to take the 666 symbol as a symbol for, well, what is it for? For the devil?
[+] 3 users Like Stevil's post
03-04-2017, 03:00 PM
No, although the design is nice. I just don't really see a good reason to wear one.

But if you designed one that looked like a house number for #668, I might bite. Then I could tell people that it is for the next-door-neighbor of the Beast.

True story (assuming that my parents were not just making it up, which could go either way) about rationing during WWII. Several of their ultra-religious neighbors refused to use their sugar ration coupons because the number ended in 666. My mother traded them eggs and fresh vegetables for the sugar rations if they would throw in a part of their flour rations. Then she made pies and cobbler from home-grown fruit, and sold them back to the neighbors who gave up their rations. My mom always laughed about the fact that they would eat pies made with the sugar. She said she would have used it for devil's food cake if they could have gotten cocoa!
Evil_monster

I’ll be a story in your head, but that’s okay, because we’re all stories in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? Because it was, you know. It was the best.
The Doctor
[+] 7 users Like Rockblossom's post
03-04-2017, 03:12 PM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 03:29 PM by Emma.)
I don't think I'd wear it, personally. I don't need more stress or danger in my life, and I feel like it would make me even more of a target in the world, and make me more stressed.

I prefer more subtle cues about who I am, so that only people who recognize the symbols will pick up on them. Smile

This one is a symbol, and pretty neat looking (though I feel like I've seen something very similar before), but it's not very subtle.

Edit: Thank you Fatbaldhobbit lol, I KNEW I'd seen this kind of design before! I just had to finish reading the thread!
[+] 3 users Like Emma's post
03-04-2017, 03:53 PM
I voted yes... but not because I would wear YOUR shirt... but because I would wear A shirt (provided it looks good). Or get a tattoo even. This isn't to taunt religious folk or anything, its just

1. Why not? (if its ugly then that's a good reason why not)
2. It's a free country
3. It doesn't align me with anything/anyone If I like a design I like it.
4. Cthulhu is a far better pick in my book. Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
5. I want to wear the cradle of filth shirt... you know the one that says "Jesus is a cunt" and has a nun masturbating with a cross on the front? Wearing it is an ethical and moral imperative though, far different than the shirt you're proposing. When blue laws get people arrested for wearing a shirt that should be legal here, it becomes a free speech issue.

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 2 users Like JesseB's post
03-04-2017, 04:38 PM
No:

- I don't wear t-shirts with logos/designs/images.

- If I did I wouldn't bother wearing some other fool's superstition.

- As others more qualified to evaluate your design have already stated, it isn't terribly impressive. It's a simple black on white trefoil exhibitting all the artistic creativity of overcooked pasta. I'd suggest that you market it to the goth/rebel without a clue crowd but they typically have better fashion sense.

- It lacks any subtlety. Make it a breast patch where the polo logo ought to be or a discrete row of 666's stitched around the collar. That way your target is too close to easily scuttle away without making a scene and have likely been chatting with you for quite a while by the time the notice.

- It lacks any real thought. Three sixes, one ever 120 derees. Very symetrical. Give me a shirt that reads "333333 - Number of the Best!" so I can watch the smoke pour out their ears as their little brains try to work out what the message is and how Satanic that is.

- Be warned that if you are trying to boost sales/Google status by brewing up this little controversy that the Admins are not above redirecting the link in the OP to a cautionary tale on the Trump-Pence slash fanfic site about contracting flesh-eating disease via beastiality.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
03-04-2017, 04:56 PM
Nah.

But if I could replace 'God' with metalsmiths, or something funny, I could see myself wearing this. Tongue

[Image: zazzle_antichristian_tshirt.jpg]

I like this one, too. Thumbsup

[Image: gptr%2Cx1000%2Cfront%2Cblack-c%2C220%2C2...te-1u4.jpg]

So many better ways to troll a X-tian than just using the mark/number. Laugh out load

03-04-2017, 05:52 PM
Oh, I forgot:

- No, all the Christians that I know would think I was a lack-wit for believing that idiocy.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post