Poll: Would you?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 07:58 PM
RE: Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?
(02-04-2017 07:56 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  On my phone which doesn't like polling so I didn't vote -- but no, I wouldn't wear it. It's a cool design, though.

Care to share the reasons you wouldn't wear it?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2017, 08:00 PM
(02-04-2017 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a decent design and I am sure there are some who would wear it.

I wear band t-shirts, tattoo shop t-shirts, evolution t-shirts, TTA t-shirts, Bloom County t-shirts, Keep Austin Weird t-shirts...but since the 666 symbol means nothing to me...I wouldn't purchase one. I would rather wear my Zenquin or my Penguin Lust shirt.

Would the fact that 666 means something to a lot of other people, though, persuade you to wear it ... or aren't much into looking like a rebel in other people's eyes?
02-04-2017, 08:00 PM
(02-04-2017 06:46 PM)Gimple Wrote:  Years ago I was fiddling around with Photoshop and came up with my own rendition of what "the mark of the beast" from Revelation would look like.

The other day I was thinking about it. I think it's a cool looking symbol, and I thought about possibly making some T-shirts with it.

If given the opportunity, would you wear one? Would you wear a symbol that told the world your allegiance lies with the Antichrist?

Of course, for us atheists or agnostics, it would be like wearing a T-shirt of Voldemort or Darth Vader. But the believers might have a different perspective it on.

I think it would make a great "conversation starter" from people who saw it and were curious what it meant. Then you get to tell them it's the Antichrist's symbol. And depending on who you're talking to, it might lead to some interesting conversation, for better or worse.

Here's how it looks...

http://www.agentsleuth.com/

Please respond to this thread with a "Yes" - I'd want to wear one, or a "No" - not for me.

Thanks!

Poll added by moderator

Two Christmas' ago my husband bought me this shirt.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Hail-Satan-...Ahx18P8HAQ

I wear it everywhere. No shame. XD
02-04-2017, 08:02 PM
May I ask where your name comes from? Gimple is alarmingly similar to another moniker around these parts.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
02-04-2017, 08:03 PM
(02-04-2017 08:00 PM)Larai19 Wrote:  Two Christmas' ago my husband bought me this shirt.
https://poshmark.com/listing/Hail-Satan-...Ahx18P8HAQ

I wear it everywhere. No shame. XD

What kind of conversations does it start with the people who see it?
02-04-2017, 08:04 PM
(02-04-2017 08:00 PM)Gimple Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 07:56 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's a decent design and I am sure there are some who would wear it.

I wear band t-shirts, tattoo shop t-shirts, evolution t-shirts, TTA t-shirts, Bloom County t-shirts, Keep Austin Weird t-shirts...but since the 666 symbol means nothing to me...I wouldn't purchase one. I would rather wear my Zenquin or my Penguin Lust shirt.

Would the fact that 666 means something to a lot of other people, though, persuade you to wear it ... or aren't much into looking like a rebel in other people's eyes?

Dear, I am a 60 year old grandmother of four with multiple tattoos...I've got your rebel for ya.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
02-04-2017, 08:04 PM
(02-04-2017 08:02 PM)Anjele Wrote:  May I ask where your name comes from? Gimple is alarmingly similar to another moniker around these parts.

I used to frequent a writer's forum and there was this other member who I thought wrote amazing stuff. His name was Gimple. I stole it from him.

Let the name live on!
02-04-2017, 08:06 PM
(02-04-2017 08:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 08:00 PM)Gimple Wrote:  Would the fact that 666 means something to a lot of other people, though, persuade you to wear it ... or aren't much into looking like a rebel in other people's eyes?

Dear, I am a 60 year old grandmother of four with multiple tattoos...I've got your rebel for ya.

So are you then saying you could be convinced to wear the Antichrist's symbol on your T-shirt? Wink
02-04-2017, 08:06 PM
(02-04-2017 07:56 PM)Gimple Wrote:  But would you wear it, knowing what it meant and knowing that others had no clue?

I mean, it's pretty clearly three 6's, so some people would still recognize that as something that they don't like.

I have no personal connection with the antichrist or 666 narratives, though, so I wouldn't feel the need to wear a shirt like that. I think these concepts are poorly understood by most people, myself included. I see it as possibly a reference to Nero, but nobody actually knows. In certain company, I'd wear a shirt with Baphomet on it, though, because I like his sexy bod <3

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
02-04-2017, 08:07 PM
(02-04-2017 08:06 PM)Gimple Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 08:04 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Dear, I am a 60 year old grandmother of four with multiple tattoos...I've got your rebel for ya.

So are you then saying you could be convinced to wear the Antichrist's symbol on your T-shirt? Wink

No, as I said, 666 means nothing to me. I don't care what it does or doesn't mean to someone else.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post