Poll: Would you?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-04-2017, 09:36 PM
RE: Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?
The design is nice as a design but, if I wear stuff like that - to a convention or atheist get together - it is fairly straight forward. Like this ...
[Image: realityA_zps61df6fd0.jpg]

Also ... no christ means no antichrist. It'd be a trick to find an atheist who's into superstition. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like kim's post
02-04-2017, 09:38 PM
(02-04-2017 09:32 PM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  No because I wouldn't even wear a shirt with Voldemort on it either.

To be fair, I own multiple Darth Vader shirts, because he's a badass. Everything James Earl Jones does gets a pass. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-04-2017, 09:40 PM
Quote:What if it came in plaid? Would you wear it then?

No because a print on a plaid button up shirt? ug, talk about fashion disaster.
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
02-04-2017, 10:19 PM
(02-04-2017 09:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Also ... no christ means no antichrist. It'd be a trick to find an atheist who's into superstition. Wink

But isn't that the fun?

(02-04-2017 09:36 PM)Chemist Wrote:  To be fair, I own multiple Darth Vader shirts, because he's a badass. Everything James Earl Jones does gets a pass.

What if the Antichrist was voiced by James Earl Jones?

(02-04-2017 09:36 PM)Chemist Wrote:  No because a print on a plaid button up shirt? ug, talk about fashion disaster.

What if the symbol was over the heart, on plaid?
02-04-2017, 10:29 PM
(02-04-2017 10:19 PM)Gimple Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 09:36 PM)kim Wrote:  Also ... no christ means no antichrist. It'd be a trick to find an atheist who's into superstition. Wink

But isn't that the fun?

(02-04-2017 09:36 PM)Chemist Wrote:  To be fair, I own multiple Darth Vader shirts, because he's a badass. Everything James Earl Jones does gets a pass.

What if the Antichrist was voiced by James Earl Jones?

(02-04-2017 09:36 PM)Chemist Wrote:  No because a print on a plaid button up shirt? ug, talk about fashion disaster.

What if the symbol was over the heart, on plaid?

Uh, be more careful with your brackets? Chemist didn't write point 2, I did.

Of which I refer back to my original post.

Nope. I feel like the 666 symbol is having the conversation on their terms, and fuck that. Why have something that references their apocalyptic acid trip? I'm a skeptic, against supernatural woo-woo bullshit across the board, and that includes the bastardized version of The Adversary seen in Revelations. I don't want to give the impression that I'm on the other team, when in fact I'm not even playing their game.

Now, I might wear a t-shirt with Darkness from the movie Legend, because Tim Curry is a fucking boss and I really like that movie's take on dark fantasy.

[Image: curry810darknessstudio_1_X.jpg]

But it, much like Darth Vader, would be worn out of appreciation of the subject, not as a protest against people who don't 'get it'.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 3 users Like EvolutionKills's post
02-04-2017, 10:36 PM
(02-04-2017 09:11 PM)Gimple Wrote:  Please, more people vote.

This is a movement. I swear it. Be first on board.

I thought Billy Mays was dead.

[Image: a78ae76da19c1a0f9e0e9b2f7e6229e70bd36cf7...e50234.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
02-04-2017, 10:44 PM
(02-04-2017 10:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I thought Billy Mays was dead.

[Image: a78ae76da19c1a0f9e0e9b2f7e6229e70bd36cf7...e50234.jpg]

That's it ...?
02-04-2017, 10:59 PM
(02-04-2017 10:19 PM)Gimple Wrote:  But isn't that the fun?

What fun do you mean?

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
02-04-2017, 11:12 PM
(02-04-2017 10:44 PM)Gimple Wrote:  
(02-04-2017 10:36 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I thought Billy Mays was dead.

That's it ...?

That’s it.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
02-04-2017, 11:43 PM
Wearing the T shirt that has a symbol of a mythical creature from a Fairy Tale? Sure... However wearing the T shirt, or even getting the tattoo on my forehead doesn't mean I "align" with them, they aren't fucking real dude.... (I would get a tattoo, why not)

Also claiming to know what the "mark of the beat" looks like based on its "description" from the bible is kinda a bold claim. Kinda a weird one. But since none of it is real you're well within your rights to make up whatever you want and call it that.

I would also get a tattoo of Cthulhu ..... Actually that would be fucking awesome, why get a tattoo of some pathetic weak ass beast when you can have the Elder God.

Cthulhu fhtagn

[Image: 72fcbe17e959b3f23fb7c59bdde50674.jpg]

DLJ Wrote:And, yes, the principle of freedom of expression works both ways... if someone starts shit, better shit is the best counter-argument.
Big Grin
[+] 7 users Like JesseB's post