Poll: Would you?
Yes
No
[Show Results]

Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-04-2017, 02:17 AM
RE: Would you wear "the mark of the beast" on your T-shirt?
I voted for No. Personally, it's not so much the blasphemous/provocative design that bothers me, a lot of metal bands t-shirts have those kinds of design, but when you wear it with a band logo, it's obvious that you wear it for the band, not because you believe in the antichrist.
The logo alone refers to a belief, and though the design is well done, I wouldn't wear a T-shirt that displays a belief since I have none.

(03-04-2017 01:38 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  So a black shirt with a large generic bar-code in white, while making use of negative space, it also clues in the viewer that this is not just your typical bar-code and that something else is afoot. Below the bar-code, where typically the product code would be, is where you would get creative with hiding your 666. Either by making it super obvious by just using sixes. Personally I'd option for something more subversive, like displaying 666 in binary, which looks like 00110110 00110110 00110110.

I actually find EvolutionKills idea much cooler, because, first, only people who can understand binary would understand it, so it's like a pun for people who want to understand it, and second with the bar-code, you can find a lot of different meanings that are not linked with religious belief (well, I can find some meanings that I like with it, so I like that)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Sturm's post
03-04-2017, 02:56 AM (This post was last modified: 03-04-2017 03:00 AM by Szuchow.)
(03-04-2017 01:18 AM)Gimple Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 01:06 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  You might chalk it to whatever you want but that don't change the fact of your design being utter and unimaginative shit.

Says 1 person in a world of 7.4 billion.

So? Shit is shit no matter how wannabe designers will cry about it.

Edit: If your precious little ego can handle disagreement then maybe look at EK post.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 5 users Like Szuchow's post
03-04-2017, 03:09 AM
Firstly mate, I'd like to welcome you to the forums. Smile

(02-04-2017 06:46 PM)Gimple Wrote:  Years ago I was fiddling around with Photoshop and came up with my own rendition of what "the mark of the beast" from Revelation would look like.

If you accept (apparently) the fictitious notion of the "beast" then you're also tacitly advertising the the notion of a "saviour" being a possibility. There are NO gods and NO devils.

Quote:The other day I was thinking about it. I think it's a cool looking symbol, and I thought about possibly making some T-shirts with it.

Unfortunately, most people with graphics experience will tell you it's not a "cool looking" symbol—as it doesn't convey any message at all, nor is it representative of the three sixes. It looks more like a 6 and two nines. And only people who're older than 80 would even acknowledge the so-called sign of the beast—and they sure ain't gonna buy one LOL.

Quote:If given the opportunity, would you wear one? Would you wear a symbol that told the world your allegiance lies with the Antichrist?

Nope. I definitely wouldn't wear it. And as an atheist I definitely do not have any "allegiance" with your alleged Antichrist. That notion is absurd; do you even understand what atheism involves?

Quote:Of course, for us atheists or agnostics, it would be like wearing a T-shirt of Voldemort or Darth Vader. But the believers might have a different perspective it on.

So you're proposing that atheists should deliberately invite confrontation with Christians by wearing clothing displaying what you erroneously think means something offensive to them? No Christians from a youthful generation even accepts the mythology of an anti-Christ nowadays.

Quote:I think it would make a great "conversation starter" from people who saw it and were curious what it meant. Then you get to tell them it's the Antichrist's symbol. And depending on who you're talking to, it might lead to some interesting conversation, for better or worse...

Obviously you have a totally different idea of what constitutes a "conversation starter"! It's more than obvious you're just looking for an excuse to start some sort of aggressive debate with theists, and display your supposedly superior intellect over them.

And finally, it's not a really good idea to be trying to encourage potential sales of your T-shirts on any/all forums—and certainly NOT for 25 bucks! I can buy any style of 4-colour screen-printed T-shirts at Target for less than $10.

—And as a newbie, you're definitely not gonna win any friends here by repeatedly telling members they have "bad taste". Or posting 20 comments in one day in a single thread.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
03-04-2017, 03:22 AM
(03-04-2017 03:09 AM)SYZ Wrote:  etc.

And supposedly I don't want to start an aggressive argument because I think I have a superior intellect. Ever look in the mirror, dude? Haha. That's funny.
03-04-2017, 03:28 AM
Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast shirt is great

[Image: galleryimage6988_1767.jpg]

[Image: galleryimage6988_1768.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
03-04-2017, 03:29 AM
(03-04-2017 03:28 AM)Stevil Wrote:  Iron Maiden's Number of the Beast shirt is great

[Image: galleryimage6988_1767.jpg]

[Image: galleryimage6988_1768.jpg]

Love that song.
03-04-2017, 04:01 AM
(03-04-2017 03:22 AM)Gimple Wrote:  
(03-04-2017 03:09 AM)SYZ Wrote:  etc.

And supposedly I don't want to start an aggressive argument because I think I have a superior intellect. Ever look in the mirror, dude? Haha. That's funny.

Here's a personal book recommendation.

[Image: 4865.jpg]

Because right now, you really suck at it.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 7 users Like EvolutionKills's post
03-04-2017, 04:14 AM
I live in England, and it's not like it's the 60s when people were scared of satanists.

It's not controversial, but I wouldn't buy it because it's boring and looks mediocre.
[+] 3 users Like PaulPablo's post
03-04-2017, 04:19 AM
Your image looked familiar, so I did a quick google:

[Image: Image2.jpg]

[Image: th?id=OIP.6IMveD8wfjkewxK7bS0Q3gEsEs&pid=15.1]

[Image: 1338373099_666-S_3.jpg]

[Image: th?id=OIP.DEkvGpNxHOv0i6TG8y0rPQEsEs&pid=15.1]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 5 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
03-04-2017, 04:25 AM
(03-04-2017 04:19 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  Your image looked familiar, so I did a quick google:

[Image: Image2.jpg]

[Image: th?id=OIP.6IMveD8wfjkewxK7bS0Q3gEsEs&pid=15.1]

[Image: 1338373099_666-S_3.jpg]

[Image: th?id=OIP.DEkvGpNxHOv0i6TG8y0rPQEsEs&pid=15.1]

All of those put a bit more effort into it, and they all also had the good sense to have a discernible gap in the center, so that you can actually make out the individual numbers.

But it also highlights another inherent flaw with this design, in that it can also be read as 999. Cause a trio of sixes rotating around their bottoms is effectively identical to a trio of nines rotating around their tops. Laugh out load

The only ones that really works are the top two. The first has enough text to highlight it's silly, and the second is so abstract that it looks like a throwing star. Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 5 users Like EvolutionKills's post