Wounds torn open...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 03:04 PM (This post was last modified: 22-04-2017 03:08 PM by Brian37.)
RE: Wounds torn open...
(22-04-2017 02:57 PM)Dom Wrote:  I am so sorry you got triggered. I relate - I was abused as kid too, albeit not by my parents and not in the same way you were. These wounds never heal - they get bandaged and hidden away, and they can open up again when triggered.

Brian didn't mean to tear the bandages off - it just happens. Your parents are deserving of all your anger here.

Heart

Thank you. I misread 1 post, and that was MY FAULT. Now that I have benefit of having more information, it sounds to me dad should have ended up in jail. But as I said in the other post, if it was that far back when the abuse happened, I know because I am 50 years old and back in the 60s and 70s if you saw someone beating their kid it was considered a family mater, even somewhat in the 1980s too. It was not until the mid 90s and 2000s that society widely started questioning authoritarian rule.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
22-04-2017, 03:22 PM
(22-04-2017 02:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  My biggest but softest hugs to you, Anjele.

I know, now, that I have made a good choice in joining this site. There are obviously caring human beings here. It is a refreshing change from most atheist sites, where mistakes are never admitted and apologies are seen as weakness.

-Jeanne

I really would be happy if the OP gets through this if considering me an asshole makes them fight back, that is the way survival works. I didn't mean to sound like one, but that is what it takes to emotionally survive when you face people, even if they don't physically abuse you, but if they offend you or are misunderstanding or insensitive unintentionally or deliberately it should not matter. If you are not under physical threat and someone upsets you, you can walk away or tell them to fuck off, and if if telling me to fuck off helps them cope, then that is what you do.

It was my fault, but what matters now is that they cope, not what they think of me now.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-04-2017, 03:45 PM
Brian, if you would have stopped at post #5 things would have been better. Please stop talking.

At that point I could have accepted an apology and been okay in a while. Please, please stop.

Everyone else, thank you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-04-2017, 03:48 PM
(22-04-2017 03:22 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(22-04-2017 02:55 PM)Jeanne Wrote:  My biggest but softest hugs to you, Anjele.

I know, now, that I have made a good choice in joining this site. There are obviously caring human beings here. It is a refreshing change from most atheist sites, where mistakes are never admitted and apologies are seen as weakness.

-Jeanne

I really would be happy if the OP gets through this if considering me an asshole makes them fight back, that is the way survival works. I didn't mean to sound like one, but that is what it takes to emotionally survive when you face people, even if they don't physically abuse you, but if they offend you or are misunderstanding or insensitive unintentionally or deliberately it should not matter. If you are not under physical threat and someone upsets you, you can walk away or tell them to fuck off, and if if telling me to fuck off helps them cope, then that is what you do.

It was my fault, but what matters now is that they cope, not what they think of me now.

I've said really stupid shit to others not realizing I've how much I've hurt them so I know how you feel. Yeah, sometimes I can say the dumbest stuff and be a complete idiot. It's nice that you apologized.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
22-04-2017, 03:55 PM
Hug

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
22-04-2017, 04:08 PM
I'm sorry. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-04-2017, 04:18 PM
Anj Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-04-2017, 04:22 PM
Angie, I knew you were beaten as a child. I can't imagine what this has done to you and the life you've lived. The description of some of the abuse you suffered is just awful. I wish I could take some of my growing up years and just give it to you, that way it would replace some of the shit you endured.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
22-04-2017, 04:25 PM
(22-04-2017 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks to some people talking out of their asses here I am on the verge of tears...that's unusual for me. I DON'T cry because I learned at an early age that it's not allowed.

Wounds are torn wide open and salt poured into them and rubbed in vigorously.

I am at a loss right now. I don't know how to get my feelings back in check. The person I would most likely turn to isn't an option any more.

I.just.don't.know.what.to.do.

Hug Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
22-04-2017, 04:32 PM
Wounds torn open...
(22-04-2017 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I am at a loss right now. I don't know how to get my feelings back in check. The person I would most likely turn to isn't an option any more.

I.just.don't.know.what.to.do.

You have to find a way to think about other things. It's hard to do when you feel bad but you need to do it. Reliving awful things over and over in your mind will just tear you apart.

I hope you find peace soon.
[+] 2 users Like KUSA's post