Wounds torn open...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-04-2017, 04:33 PM
RE: Wounds torn open...
(22-04-2017 04:22 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Angie, I knew you were beaten as a child. I can't imagine what this has done to you and the life you've lived. The description of some of the abuse you suffered is just awful. I wish I could take some of my growing up years and just give it to you, that way it would replace some of the shit you endured.

Until I was 25...in front of my daughters...and the cops were called, they did nothing as usual.

Thank you for the offer of sharing decent parents...one of my closest friends had a big, happy Italian family who I spent a as much time with as I could. There were seven kids...three or four still at home (it depended) in a three bedroom converted cabin with no heat upstairs and one bathroom. It was so much better than home that even freezing my ass off and hopping around on one foot waiting to be able to pee was a relief.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
22-04-2017, 05:19 PM
Angie, I have offered in the past and I will offer again, my shoulder or ear if you need it. You know where to find me.

Sorry this happened. My thread was supposed to awaken some happy memories in people but it caused the exact opposite.

"Freedom is the freedom to say that 2+2=4" - George Orwell (in 1984)
[+] 2 users Like Leerob's post
22-04-2017, 05:29 PM
[Image: 2014-Bear-Hugs-logo-order%20here.jpg]

Hoping you feel better soon Anj.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
22-04-2017, 05:45 PM
(22-04-2017 02:34 PM)Dom Wrote:  WTF happened? Hug

Insensible shit in response to her opening up in the what made you proud thread.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like abaris's post
22-04-2017, 06:07 PM
Hug All I can really say.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
22-04-2017, 08:36 PM
(22-04-2017 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I.just.don't.know.what.to.do.

Take a deep breath and remember that your emotions aren't you. Let them go. Let them pass through you. You'll remain.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
22-04-2017, 08:46 PM
When shit from the past creeps in I stay busy and focus on an objective. An idle mind has a tendency to wander.

Exercise also helps. For the same reasons as above, the more intense the better. Hard to worry about stuff when you're exhausted and trying to catch your breath Big Grin

'Murican Canadian
[+] 3 users Like yakherder's post
22-04-2017, 09:01 PM
(22-04-2017 02:16 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Thanks to some people talking out of their asses here I am on the verge of tears...that's unusual for me. I DON'T cry because I learned at an early age that it's not allowed.

Wounds are torn wide open and salt poured into them and rubbed in vigorously.

I am at a loss right now. I don't know how to get my feelings back in check. The person I would most likely turn to isn't an option any more.

I.just.don't.know.what.to.do.

Heart Hug Hug Hug

Ceterum censeo, religionem delendam esse
[+] 1 user Likes Deesse23's post
23-04-2017, 07:56 AM
The abuse you suffered is horrific I'm so sorry, sending you hugs and friendship. Heart Hug
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-04-2017, 08:31 AM (This post was last modified: 23-04-2017 08:35 AM by abaris.)
(22-04-2017 05:19 PM)Leerob Wrote:  My thread was supposed to awaken some happy memories in people but it caused the exact opposite.

The problem is, threads like that awaken different things in different people. That's certainly not your fault, to be perfectly clear, but some people just don't have that many happy memories of their childhood. In my case, my childhood ended in the 60ies. To this day, the 60ies have a golden shine in my memory. But once I started school, the only memories I remember having is of being sick fearing to be psychologically abused again. To be made a piece of shit. That feeling carried over into my professional life. Always being sick when going to work, always worrying that I wouldn't be up to the task at hand.

And I guess, I'm one of the lucky ones, since family always was a safe harbor. I can't imagine how anyone deal with memories like that without being able to find some comfort spot. The teachers ruined me that much that I'm only passing for human. Without any self confidence, always being on the lookout and always putting up a show.

[Image: Labrador%20and%20Title.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes abaris's post