Wow. I feel dumb.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-08-2015, 11:02 PM
RE: Wow. I feel dumb.
It's ok KC, I had no idea either Shocking very cool though.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2015, 11:05 PM
(18-08-2015 10:04 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(18-08-2015 07:46 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  It must be Tuesday.

No I believe the day for Venus is actually Friday Blink

Every day is like Sunday. Thumbsup

#sigh
18-08-2015, 11:16 PM
pretty sure someone answered this but the thing is, the atmosphere is so hot and heavy that it literally crushes and melts anything that goes in it.

If I remember right, it took multiple attempts to get a probe to land there safely and it only lasted a few hours or an hour or whatever, before its coolant dried up and the circuit boards in the electronics friend instantly from the intense heat. It is why we don't have pictures of the surface of mercury but worst, its even HOTTER on venus than it is on mercury due to all the trapped heat on it. Venus is a perfect example of global warming gone critically bad.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
[+] 2 users Like Shadow Fox's post
19-08-2015, 06:24 AM
(18-08-2015 02:23 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I just found out yesterday that we have pictures of Venus' actual surface taken by the Venera lander.

Why haven't I ever seen these?

Don't feel bad. I just learned about it from your post, so you're making the world a less dumb place.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
19-08-2015, 09:23 AM
why does te lander have teeth? doesnt seem very Venus friendly. or were they going with the venus fly trap look?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
19-08-2015, 10:41 AM
(19-08-2015 09:23 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  why does te lander have teeth? doesnt seem very Venus friendly. or were they going with the venus fly trap look?

Anything worth making is worth making hardcore.

Robotics 101.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
19-08-2015, 10:53 AM
aw, I just KNEW I was going to open this thread and find out that Kingchosen had finally managed to rip off his blindfold of faith and discovered he had been dumb for buying into faith!....sigh......alas...not today Weeping

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
[+] 1 user Likes goodwithoutgod's post
19-08-2015, 11:08 AM
(19-08-2015 10:53 AM)goodwithoutgod Wrote:  aw, I just KNEW I was going to open this thread and find out that Kingchosen had finally managed to rip off his blindfold of faith and discovered he had been dumb for buying into faith!....sigh......alas...not today Weeping

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post