Wow NBA 2K14 is a pile of crap!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-04-2014, 08:23 AM
Wow NBA 2K14 is a pile of crap!
As I write this I'm pissed off. I just got beaten by my nephew who spams the controller. YOU CAN'T DEFEND IN THIS FUCKING GAME! The passing engine is crap. You have to press R1 all the fucking time to inbound the ball after being scored against or lose the ball to an interceptor. It's fucking infuriating when versing over zealous players!!

The game rewards play styles of running around like a headless chicken when on defense. Because of the cluncky pass engine, you can't efficiently take advantage of dumb ass players that rush the ball carrier. Defending seems like a game of chance. Oh wait, not if you spam the fucking steal button. There is also no way to initiate an off the ball threat without calling an actual play. Everything is too cumbersome. The 2K guys need to spend more time developing the game mechanisms.

I feel that the game frustrates gamers who prefer a methodical/systematic approach to playing. Spamers must be punished!! I lost the game after burying so many god damn three pointers because there is no way to defend. Wow!!! Anyone else feel me?

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-04-2014, 09:40 AM (This post was last modified: 19-04-2014 09:44 AM by ELK12695.)
RE: Wow NBA 2K14 is a pile of crap!
(19-04-2014 08:23 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  As I write this I'm pissed off. I just got beaten by my nephew who spams the controller. YOU CAN'T DEFEND IN THIS FUCKING GAME! The passing engine is crap. You have to press R1 all the fucking time to inbound the ball after being scored against or lose the ball to an interceptor. It's fucking infuriating when versing over zealous players!!

The game rewards play styles of running around like a headless chicken when on defense. Because of the cluncky pass engine, you can't efficiently take advantage of dumb ass players that rush the ball carrier. Defending seems like a game of chance. Oh wait, not if you spam the fucking steal button. There is also no way to initiate an off the ball threat without calling an actual play. Everything is too cumbersome. The 2K guys need to spend more time developing the game mechanisms.

I feel that the game frustrates gamers who prefer a methodical/systematic approach to playing. Spamers must be punished!! I lost the game after burying so many god damn three pointers because there is no way to defend. Wow!!! Anyone else feel me?

What you see here Mason is 2K trying to become EA Games, or atleast EA Sports. The whole point of sports videogames is that you have an existing game engine and you release pretty much the same game every year, but with minor changes so that the consumers are fooled into believing that the game is somehow different from previous installment(s). This is easily done by capslocking the new minor changes everywhere. If I'm not wrong 2K just bought the license to this game just as they did with the WWE games (owned previously by THQ before they went bankrupt), and they just nicked off the previous game engine from those who owned it before and just went on doing the same crap. If you really, REALLY want to buy these rather shitty games, wait two or three years between each time you buy them; you'll spend less money on these console only prices and hopefully more features each time you buy.

And just to prove my point, here's Angry Joe saying what I just said (skip to 2:20):

Lastly, if you complain long enough, they might change the setup the controls and make it so that button-spamming can't be done, for the next installment. But it's most likely not gonna change, or it's going to be replaced with another way to break the game. There are zero fucks given about these games by the people that make them. They only have like 9 months or less to make it and they I guess it's not worth the extra trouble; to make it enjoyable I mean.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
19-04-2014, 10:09 AM
These games are nothing but cash cows.
They're the same game each year only with an updated player list.

The people that play these games are usually teenagers-mid 20 something year old guys who don't play video games except on a very casual bases (aka: "The filthy casual") and thus wouldn't know good video games if it popped up and slapped them in the nut sack with a stick of wasabi. They're often guys really into either sports, cars or both. They also walk around in wife beaters and frequent the gym. These last two sentences is what arise to them being only filthy casuals because they feel "above" video games and wouldn't play some "gay" video game like Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite or basically anything with a story or hint of actual fun.

What this all means is that game developers are able to turn out these god awful sports games year after year and not have to do any actual improvement on them because their audience are a bunch of filthy fucktarded casuals who don't know better.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
19-04-2014, 10:27 AM
(19-04-2014 10:09 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  These games are nothing but cash cows.
They're the same game each year only with an updated player list.

The people that play these games are usually teenagers-mid 20 something year old guys who don't play video games except on a very casual bases (aka: "The filthy casual") and thus wouldn't know good video games if it popped up and slapped them in the nut sack with a stick of wasabi. They're often guys really into either sports, cars or both. They also walk around in wife beaters and frequent the gym. These last two sentences is what arise to them being only filthy casuals because they feel "above" video games and wouldn't play some "gay" video game like Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite or basically anything with a story or hint of actual fun.

What this all means is that game developers are able to turn out these god awful sports games year after year and not have to do any actual improvement on them because their audience are a bunch of filthy fucktarded casuals who don't know better.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
19-04-2014, 01:16 PM
ELK and muffs, you both make good points. At the same time what you say saddens me. Maybe EA should release their version of some of the games. They may not have the licences to incorporate the actual kits and logos but that stuff ain't important.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
19-04-2014, 10:39 PM
(19-04-2014 01:16 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  ELK and muffs, you both make good points. At the same time what you say saddens me. Maybe EA should release their version of some of the games. They may not have the licences to incorporate the actual kits and logos but that stuff ain't important.

I don't know how the contracts work exactly but I'm 95% certain that the contracts are given by the sports people. That is to say, Madden or the NBA or whatever sports organization, contracts the rights to a game developer (or producer).
That game developer than has the rights to include the players in their game and have the "Madden" or "NBA" logo.
That's one of the main reasons people play these shit games, is so they can play their favorite players/team.
So EA could for example create a basketball game, there's no copyright on that BUT they couldn't include NBA players or teams or use the NBA name because they don't have the rights to any of that shit.

This is also part of the issue, because there's a monopoly on this shit.
If the sports people sold the rights to more than one company than there would be competition in the market and the quality of the game would increase vastly.

ie: If I don't like Call of Duty I can buy Battlefield or Halo or pretty much any one of a HUGE number of FPS games.
If I don't like NBA 2K14 what are my options? Nothing. Thus, monopoly and thus shit game.
23-04-2014, 02:21 AM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2014 02:50 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(19-04-2014 10:39 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  ie: If I don't like Call of Duty I can buy Battlefield or Halo or pretty much any one of a HUGE number of FPS games.
If I don't like NBA 2K14 what are my options? Nothing. Thus, monopoly and thus shit game.

The 2K games were considered the best (generally speaking) whenever they had to compete with EA Sports and other studios (505, Acclaim, etc). Did the Madden games improve after EA acquired the sole right to license games for the NFL, effectively putting an end to the NFL2K series? Nope.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post