Wow!!! The worst advice ever!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-06-2014, 01:05 PM
RE: Wow!!! The worst advice ever!
(12-06-2014 08:34 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  Wow!!! The worst fucking advice ever!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/06/12...86992.html

Unfortunately I'm at work, and we have some blocks on our computers, so if someone can find a link and directly link the video in a response I'd appreciate it.

Someone needs to tell him (Robertson) to "shoo fly!" and stop giving ridiculous advice.

If the "child" is real, I hope he did call the police or at least remove all the guns and ammo from the house. The idea that a child should feel that sort of helplessness is sooo fucking damaging. The child should be empowered and in doing so, will hopefully assist his mom in realizing how fucked in the head dad is.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-06-2014, 01:46 PM
This sort of thinking is widespread in fundamentalism.
They give lip service to the teaching of the husband being responsible for his actions. But answerable to whom? The wife gets into trouble for "getting her husband into trouble." In their eyes, that's what a call for help outside the church would be. In fact, in my church, I would be a gossip if I was to call for help anywhere but to the pastor in private.

A godly wife. If you suffer, submit as though it was Jesus you're submitting to. If your husband is ungodly, then submit for God's sake instead of your husband's so that you can still be a good example to others for how a woman is to behave. Do not take matters into your own hands. Do not be rebellious, or you're in the wrong too. You just mind your obedience and let God take care of your husband in his own time... He knows best.

I have not watched the videos and likely will not. There's bound to be too much there that I just can't listen to.

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 4 users Like Charis's post
12-06-2014, 01:55 PM
(12-06-2014 01:46 PM)Charis Wrote:  This sort of thinking is widespread in fundamentalism.
They give lip service to the teaching of the husband being responsible for his actions. But answerable to whom? The wife gets into trouble for "getting her husband into trouble." In their eyes, that's what a call for help outside the church would be. In fact, in my church, I would be a gossip if I was to call for help anywhere but to the pastor in private.

A godly wife. If you suffer, submit as though it was Jesus you're submitting to. If your husband is ungodly, then submit for God's sake instead of your husband's so that you can still be a good example to others for how a woman is to behave. Do not take matters into your own hands. Do not be rebellious, or you're in the wrong too. You just mind your obedience and let God take care of your husband in his own time... He knows best.

I have not watched the videos and likely will not. There's bound to be too much there that I just can't listen to.

the force is strong in this one Bowing

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
12-06-2014, 02:21 PM
(12-06-2014 01:46 PM)Charis Wrote:  This sort of thinking is widespread in fundamentalism.

Yea, don't watch it Charis, it's horrible and triggered me!

You are 100% correct! Woman and children have absolutely no voice, when it comes to the bible.

When I was married, we went to our pastor for marital help. My ex complained to him that I would "interfere", when he was disciplining our kids. I pointed out and gave examples of his abuse towards them, and that was why I would step in. As I'm sitting there crying, our fucking retarded pastor yelled at me, and told me I needed to "keep my mouth shut" in those situations, and to stay out of it. Sadcryface

Fucking makes me sick!

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain
12-06-2014, 02:54 PM
(12-06-2014 02:21 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  

Yea, don't watch it Charis, it's horrible and triggered me!

You are 100% correct! Woman and children have absolutely no voice, when it comes to the bible.

When I was married, we went to our pastor for marital help. My ex complained to him that I would "interfere", when he was disciplining our kids. I pointed out and gave examples of his abuse towards them, and that was why I would step in. As I'm sitting there crying, our fucking retarded pastor yelled at me, and told me I needed to "keep my mouth shut" in those situations, and to stay out of it. Sadcryface

Fucking makes me sick!

Omg. :'( Hug

A person very dear to me was badly hurt through a misunderstanding and miscommunication. For this, I am sorry, and he knows it. That said, any blaming me for malicious intent is for the birds. I will not wear some scarlet letter, I will not be anybody's whipping girl, and I will not lurk in silence.
[+] 1 user Likes Charis's post
12-06-2014, 03:04 PM
(12-06-2014 02:21 PM)CindysRain Wrote:  Fucking makes me sick!

Then... how did you ever have children?

Adoption?

Angel

... this is my signature!
12-06-2014, 04:22 PM
(12-06-2014 03:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Adoption?

Angel
There's a time and place for everything, cjlr, and this is neither the time, nor the fucking place to be doing this. Do you understand?

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
12-06-2014, 04:53 PM
(12-06-2014 11:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I see your Pat Robinson, and raise you
A Michael Pearl.....checkmate.!!

“But if your husband has sexually molested the children, you should approach him with it. If he is truly repentant (not just exposed) and is willing to seek counseling, you may feel comfortable giving him an opportunity to prove himself, as long as you know the children are safe.

http://www.thatmom.com/2011/08/18/michae...nt-page-1/

I will raise your Michael Pearl and raise you the BIBLE!

I forget the verse but

"If a woman is commanded to be raped by god, she shall be enslaved for her entire life....or something like that".

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
12-06-2014, 06:38 PM
(12-06-2014 04:53 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  
(12-06-2014 11:09 AM)sporehux Wrote:  I see your Pat Robinson, and raise you
A Michael Pearl.....checkmate.!!

“But if your husband has sexually molested the children, you should approach him with it. If he is truly repentant (not just exposed) and is willing to seek counseling, you may feel comfortable giving him an opportunity to prove himself, as long as you know the children are safe.

http://www.thatmom.com/2011/08/18/michae...nt-page-1/

I will raise your Michael Pearl and raise you the BIBLE!

I forget the verse but

"If a woman is commanded to be raped by god, she shall be enslaved for her entire life....or something like that".
Touché

im not that familiar with Pat Robinson, from a few YT videos he seems to be a parody invented by theOnion.

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".
12-06-2014, 09:05 PM (This post was last modified: 12-06-2014 09:12 PM by CindysRain.)
(12-06-2014 03:04 PM)cjlr Wrote:  

Adoption?

Angel

That was plain heartless.

It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled. ~Mark Twain