Wow wow wow wow back the crazy train the fuck up for a second here.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2017, 11:58 AM
RE: Wow wow wow wow back the crazy train the fuck up for a second here.
(11-03-2017 10:55 PM)Lucipurr Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 08:31 PM)skyking Wrote:  We don't have 220V in the wall outlets like the UK. The kettles in the UK will boil water damn fast!

They really don't. No
compared to what I can plug in in the US, they do. I spent 3 weeks with friends over there, maybe they just had a really good one. The math does not lie, though. Same size wire, same breaker, twice the watts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-03-2017, 01:26 PM
(11-03-2017 10:36 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 07:46 PM)Gwaithmir Wrote:  > I have an electric crock pot. Does that count?

No.

Here every single household has an electric jug. Every single one.
[Image: sg-dq$12279405.jpg]

It's about as common as a TV or toaster. Oh jesus christ, you guys use toasters right??? Please tell me you use toasters!!

We have an electric tea kettle. I don't know what your problem is. I don't use it though. Tongue I put water in my tea cup and put it in the microwave for a couple of minutes. I do this because I like the cup to be super warm along with the water. I hate tepid, slightly warm tea in a cold tea cup. Yuck. I drink about three cups of tea each day. Hate coffee.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
12-03-2017, 02:18 PM
(12-03-2017 11:57 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  
(11-03-2017 07:21 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  You yanks don't have electric kettles??

I don't know what I'd do with it. Can you believe there are actually people in this world who drink their beverages heated? Shocking It can cause lawsuits! McDonalds got burnt in a case where someone got scalded by one of those dangerous heated beverages. And don't get me started about people who cook food. Unbelievable!

You see snippy people mentioning this case out of ignorance of what actually happened.

Quote:Mrs. Liebeck was not driving when her coffee spilled, nor was the car she was in moving. She was the passenger in a car that was stopped in the parking lot of the McDonald’s where she bought the coffee. She had the cup between her knees while removing the lid to add cream and sugar when the cup tipped over and spilled the entire contents on her lap.

The coffee was not just “hot,” but dangerously hot. McDonald’s corporate policy was to serve it at a temperature that could cause serious burns in seconds. Mrs. Liebeck’s injuries were far from frivolous. She was wearing sweatpants that absorbed the coffee and kept it against her skin. She suffered third-degree burns (the most serious kind) and required skin grafts on her inner thighs and elsewhere.

source

Requiring skin grafts is slightly less frivolous than most people who make light of this case make it out to be.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
12-03-2017, 02:50 PM
(12-03-2017 02:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 11:57 AM)Airportkid Wrote:  I don't know what I'd do with it. Can you believe there are actually people in this world who drink their beverages heated? Shocking It can cause lawsuits! McDonalds got burnt in a case where someone got scalded by one of those dangerous heated beverages. And don't get me started about people who cook food. Unbelievable!

You see snippy people mentioning this case out of ignorance of what actually happened.

Quote:Mrs. Liebeck was not driving when her coffee spilled, nor was the car she was in moving. She was the passenger in a car that was stopped in the parking lot of the McDonald’s where she bought the coffee. She had the cup between her knees while removing the lid to add cream and sugar when the cup tipped over and spilled the entire contents on her lap.

The coffee was not just “hot,” but dangerously hot. McDonald’s corporate policy was to serve it at a temperature that could cause serious burns in seconds. Mrs. Liebeck’s injuries were far from frivolous. She was wearing sweatpants that absorbed the coffee and kept it against her skin. She suffered third-degree burns (the most serious kind) and required skin grafts on her inner thighs and elsewhere.

source

Requiring skin grafts is slightly less frivolous than most people who make light of this case make it out to be.

Yeah it was sad that particular lawsuit became a late night leno joke. What happened to that poor woman shouldn't have happened at all.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-03-2017, 08:07 PM
I didn't know an electric one was a thing until listening to the latest skeptics guide to the universe that somehow had 20 minutes of tea/coffee making talk and it was brought up about having settings for green or black or other teas.

I being no nitpicking ginny about food & drink would rather have a snazzy cool looking plain teapot compared to that plasticy dull image muffs showed.

Though I thought it read electric kitty at first... that could be a couple different things

Why panic when you can panik? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-03-2017, 08:25 PM
(12-03-2017 02:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You see snippy people mentioning this case out of ignorance of what actually happened.

source

Yeah it was sad that particular lawsuit became a late night leno joke. What happened to that poor woman shouldn't have happened at all.

I agree that it should not have happened, and that it was not frivolous. However, I would NEVER open up a container of hot liquid while it was in my lap.
12-03-2017, 09:30 PM
(12-03-2017 02:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  You see snippy people mentioning this case out of ignorance of what actually happened.

source

For those who prefer to listen to someone explain it to them, with a nice accent to boot.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
12-03-2017, 10:31 PM
(12-03-2017 08:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(12-03-2017 02:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yeah it was sad that particular lawsuit became a late night leno joke. What happened to that poor woman shouldn't have happened at all.

I agree that it should not have happened, and that it was not frivolous. However, I would NEVER open up a container of hot liquid while it was in my lap.

Which is why the jury said she was partially to blame. The punitive punishment was because McDonald's had more than 700 separate complaints about this issue and made no effort to fix it.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense