Wrestling

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-04-2016, 04:33 PM
Wrestling
There was a local wrestling league here. One of the guards who later became a wrestler was a friend of mine. I already knew about the backroom stuff. Jigsaw and I would play along and get the crowd riled up. Really fast, we never paid to get in, always got front row seats next to where they walked in.

I'd give one heel so much shit. I'd get the crowd chanting all kinds of shit at him. One show he showed up in these pants with cow spots. I pointed, laughed hysterically, and started mooing. During the whole match, the crowd mooed at him. Of course, he pretended to try to fight me and security had to "hold me back."

After the show, during photo ops and autographs, I walked up to him. He started laughing. "You got the whole audience doing that! How did you do that?" I told him it was his fault for wearing those pants. He shrugged and said yeah, it was his fault.

I miss that league.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
21-04-2016, 04:36 PM
RE: Wrestling
(21-04-2016 04:33 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  There was a local wrestling league here. One of the guards who later became a wrestler was a friend of mine. I already knew about the backroom stuff. Jigsaw and I would play along and get the crowd riled up. Really fast, we never paid to get in, always got front row seats next to where they walked in.

I'd give one heel so much shit. I'd get the crowd chanting all kinds of shit at him. One show he showed up in these pants with cow spots. I pointed, laughed hysterically, and started mooing. During the whole match, the crowd mooed at him. Of course, he pretended to try to fight me and security had to "hold me back."

After the show, during photo ops and autographs, I walked up to him. He started laughing. "You got the whole audience doing that! How did you do that?" I told him it was his fault for wearing those pants. He shrugged and said yeah, it was his fault.

I miss that league.

Indy shows are awesome for stuff like that. I went to some of the ECW shows back in the mid-90's and the crowd was a riot.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-04-2016, 09:31 AM
(21-04-2016 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 02:30 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  I guess I have to.

Me and Revenant are "old" and "new" breed, Cornette adoring 'rasslin fans. Rev saw the stuff from the 80's up to the end of the Attitude Era, and I saw the crap between up untill 2014 when I coaxed Rev back into watching Vinny Mac's steriod filled showbiz.

We recently watched Wrestlemania 32, which was a godawful piece of crap that I took the time to recap: http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...mania-ever

If you want my honest opinon, stay away from WWE and watch ROH, Lucha Underground or NXT, which HHH runs. If you have to watch mainstay WWE at all; only watch one of the big four PPV's: Royal Rumble, Wrestlemania, SummerSlam and Survivor Series; it's the only time something of significance happens. Watch The Mark Remark, or Wrestle Wrestle! to catch up with the pointless nothingness in the other "PPV's" that happen between them (unless Kevin Owens has a really good match with someone).

I could speak about this for pages after pages, but I think it's enough that I endlessly spam Rev about how much crazy Vince is and how much I hate Sheamus.

And for the love of god: DON'T. WATCH. TNA.

If you want to watch good old school wrestling NXT is your best bet, it has the production values of the WWE (as it is owned by them and is a developmental territory for them) but is independent of Vince and his clown car of bookers or as they call themselves writer's that right there shows you the problem with Vince's product. As Jim Cornette would say the guys in New York (aka WWE Creative) wouldn't know a wrestling angle from a hole in the ground.

The Talent in WWE right now is as good or better than it was during the Attitude Era but the Scripting is stuck in a rut from 20 years ago. I will give them some small credit since WM32 Raw has gotten much more watchable with some notable call ups such as Sami Zayn (El Generico in RoH and Elsewhere), Kevin "Fight Owens Fight" Owens (Kevin Steen) granted Kevin has been on the main Raw roster for 6 months he is by far the #1 heel in the company, Enzo Amore and Big Cass (NXT talent and beyond charismatic) Here watch this clip of their debut (it was the biggest highlight of the Raw after Mania)

Also brought up were Baron Corbin (Big Mean tough NXT bruiser) and the tag team of Simon Gotch and Aiden English "the Vaudevillians" all of whom are getting big pushes due to Paul Levesque aka Triple H.

As bad as WWE has been in booking NXT has hit it out of the park on a consistent basis. But beyond the storytelling NXT lets their guys go out and tell a story in the ring. If you like physical matches and just the art of telling a story without words I will close with this Sami Zayn vs Sinsuke Nakamure at NXT Takeover. There was no feud no story other than it was to be Sami's final NXT match before permanently going to the main roster. This is the second best match I have ever seen and it is a close second to the greatest of all time Ric Flair vs Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat best 2 out of 3 falls for the NWA World Heavyweight title.

So I watched that fight, the second video. And I gotta say, it started off as typical bullshit wrestling that looks fake as shit. But later on when they were getting very clearly pissed off with one another it started getting better. It upgraded from shit to mild crap.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
22-04-2016, 12:33 PM
(22-04-2016 09:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(21-04-2016 02:53 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  If you want to watch good old school wrestling NXT is your best bet, it has the production values of the WWE (as it is owned by them and is a developmental territory for them) but is independent of Vince and his clown car of bookers or as they call themselves writer's that right there shows you the problem with Vince's product. As Jim Cornette would say the guys in New York (aka WWE Creative) wouldn't know a wrestling angle from a hole in the ground.

The Talent in WWE right now is as good or better than it was during the Attitude Era but the Scripting is stuck in a rut from 20 years ago. I will give them some small credit since WM32 Raw has gotten much more watchable with some notable call ups such as Sami Zayn (El Generico in RoH and Elsewhere), Kevin "Fight Owens Fight" Owens (Kevin Steen) granted Kevin has been on the main Raw roster for 6 months he is by far the #1 heel in the company, Enzo Amore and Big Cass (NXT talent and beyond charismatic) Here watch this clip of their debut (it was the biggest highlight of the Raw after Mania)

Also brought up were Baron Corbin (Big Mean tough NXT bruiser) and the tag team of Simon Gotch and Aiden English "the Vaudevillians" all of whom are getting big pushes due to Paul Levesque aka Triple H.

As bad as WWE has been in booking NXT has hit it out of the park on a consistent basis. But beyond the storytelling NXT lets their guys go out and tell a story in the ring. If you like physical matches and just the art of telling a story without words I will close with this Sami Zayn vs Sinsuke Nakamure at NXT Takeover. There was no feud no story other than it was to be Sami's final NXT match before permanently going to the main roster. This is the second best match I have ever seen and it is a close second to the greatest of all time Ric Flair vs Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat best 2 out of 3 falls for the NWA World Heavyweight title.

So I watched that fight, the second video. And I gotta say, it started off as typical bullshit wrestling that looks fake as shit. But later on when they were getting very clearly pissed off with one another it started getting better. It upgraded from shit to mild crap.

I take it you're not a wrestling fan. Laugh out load
22-04-2016, 12:40 PM
(22-04-2016 12:33 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(22-04-2016 09:31 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So I watched that fight, the second video. And I gotta say, it started off as typical bullshit wrestling that looks fake as shit. But later on when they were getting very clearly pissed off with one another it started getting better. It upgraded from shit to mild crap.

I take it you're not a wrestling fan. Laugh out load

Frankly him not blasting it as the worst thing he has ever seen is high praise indeed.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-04-2016, 01:22 PM
I've been in mourning ever since Roddy Piper died (it should have been Hulk Hogan). Now that Chyna is gone....

Oh crap!
22-04-2016, 02:59 PM
(22-04-2016 01:22 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I've been in mourning ever since Roddy Piper died (it should have been Hulk Hogan). Now that Chyna is gone....

Oh crap!

Roddy died doing what he loved, upstaging Hulk Hogan.

22-04-2016, 03:00 PM
(22-04-2016 01:22 PM)jabeady Wrote:  I've been in mourning ever since Roddy Piper died (it should have been Hulk Hogan). Now that Chyna is gone....

Oh crap!

This could go on the trivia thread.......

Do you know who killed Hulk Hogan's "wrestling" career???

Jay Leno --- he challenged Hogan to wrestle on the Tonite Show ---and he pinned Hogan in under 15 seconds.... I guess Hogan didn't know that Leno had quite a record wresting in college ----where they do it for real..................

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 3 users Like onlinebiker's post
22-04-2016, 03:09 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-04-2016, 03:19 PM
I've always kinda felt bad about wrestling.......................

True story......

In my freshman year in high school -- I had to take P.E. ---- and one day we had to square off and wrestle with somebody in our weight class.........

The guy I was put up against was a kid I knew - but not real well...... We started off in a "both standing" stance --- and when I grabbed at the guy's head to try to put him down, my hand cupped the side of his head just so (accidentally) and his eye popped outta the socket........

So there I am looking at this dude, and his eye is hanging down on his left cheek..................

I suppose it freaked him out worse than it did me -- but it freaked me out plenty.....................The dude's eyes never tracked quite right after they got it back in his skull......

Oddly -- after that there wasn't too many people that tried fucking with me.................

Guess they thought I'd do a kung-fu mofo on them or something..............

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.