Wrinkles

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2017, 09:07 PM
Wrinkles
Random topic, but does anyone really care if your clothing is wrinkled or not. Wouldn't bother me, serious, if your clothing fits and it looks nice, wrinkles are the last thing I notice.

Sure, dress nicer for special outings or interviews, or even your job. But, you still see people have wrinkled clothing now and then, even on their most best of outfits.

Reason I bring this up was an argument I got inside with my mom and grandmother. I told them wrinkles are the lest of my worry. Grandmother, being herself, said people look down on you and think things about you when you have wrinkled clothing.

I was think on the hand she worries too much of what others thing about her. My mom said she hates seeing people in clothing that is wrinkled that is two sizes to big for them. (No shit that'd be wrinkled)

It got me thinking, does anyone, in your day to day life, getting groceries, going on walks or runs, or just having a casual outing, really care about how smooth your clothes look? Personally, I'd think anyone who does either had too much time on their hands or just likes to point out everyone's flaws for shits and giggles.

I mean, I'm nothing going to go to school dressed nicely just to have my clothing messed up as soon as I move or shift or even walk outside. It's time wasted. Besides, even though i don't fold my clothing oh so neatly, I still look nice when i got to school, my clothing fits snugly and looks like the day I got it fro the store.

Just a funny, random topic that came to mind while I was getting ready for college to start again.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: Wrinkles
A few wrinkles are okay, but it just looks like you're unprofessional and don't pay attention to detail if your clothes look like you just pulled them out of an overstuffed gym bag. Personally I couldn't care less what somebody else wears on their own time. But in any type of work environment save manual labor, it's considered unbecoming. If you can't look decent, what confidence do you inspire to get other more complicated tasks completed? It doesn't take long to hang stuff up, and in a pinch, you can run stuff through the dryer. Just my opinion, but cheers to anyone who can get away with it!!!

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
13-08-2017, 09:56 PM
If I'm going some place nice or to work, I prefer to be wrinkle free. But if I'm just going to the grocery store or lounging around my house, I could care less about a few wrinkles. I pretty much live my life in yoga pants and tops with a yoga bun piled high on my head or my hair just messy from taking my hair up and down out of yoga buns throughout the day.
14-08-2017, 02:06 AM
Don't care about wrinkles. As for your question some people may care how you look but I see no reason for caring about strangers opinion of my clothes. They don't like it being wrinkled? Tough shit.

Wysłane z mojego 6045K przy użyciu Tapatalka

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
14-08-2017, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 06:41 AM by onlinebiker.)
Of COURSE your grandmother told you that.

As we age, wrinkles become an obsession...

You never hear a 10 year old going on about them....

Rolleyes

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
14-08-2017, 06:04 AM
In time?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
14-08-2017, 06:25 AM
I've not ironed any of my duds for... probably 20 years now. I think as you age, there're more important things to waste your time with LOL.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
14-08-2017, 07:02 AM
(14-08-2017 06:25 AM)SYZ Wrote:  I've not ironed any of my duds for... probably 20 years now. I think as you age, there're more important things to waste your time with LOL.

I hear you. I might mow the lawn once a month.

It's a waste of gas, really.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
15-08-2017, 12:07 PM
(14-08-2017 06:02 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Of COURSE your grandmother told you that.

As we age, wrinkles become an obsession...

You never hear a 10 year old going on about them....

Rolleyes

Laugh out load I didn't think of it that way.

"Governments don't want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking That is against their interests.
They want obedient workers people who are just smart enough to run the machines and do the paperwork And just dumb enough to passively accept it."

- George Carlin
15-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I don't like wrinkled clothes. I keep them folded nicely and if they're wrinkled I iron them. I make a lot of my clothes and often use 100% cotton or other natural fabrics. I'm not much for wearing T-shirts which is something nobody cares if their wrinkied. So.....there you have it.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.