Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 01:43 PM
RE: Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread
It bugs me that there are more random aches. And that I exercise a lot and stretch a lot and still if I sit down for 20 minutes, my joints complain when I start to move again.

I'm still waiting for my hair to go gray, which is good, because I am shit at things like dying hair. My husband is seven years younger than me and almost all gray at this point
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like julep's post
10-04-2016, 02:03 PM
I don't have patience for idiots anymore. I don't have patience for drama anymore. I have removed a number of people from my life.

The damage my joints sustained during my bout with undiagnosed Lyme disease has come to haunt me.

People are dying all around me. My parent's generation is all gone, and my peers are dropping like flies. That sucks.

On the upside, I am really pleased and surprised at the effect the removal of sex hormone driven behavior. I'd be hard up to explain this to younger people though. But it affords me much greater freedom.

Also on the upside, I am much more able to relax and enjoy leisurely activities, enjoying every minute. Not so goal driven, just enjoying the journey.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 8 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 02:07 PM
(10-04-2016 01:43 PM)julep Wrote:  It bugs me that there are more random aches. And that I exercise a lot and stretch a lot and still if I sit down for 20 minutes, my joints complain when I start to move again.

I'm still waiting for my hair to go gray, which is good, because I am shit at things like dying hair. My husband is seven years younger than me and almost all gray at this point

Two of my girlfriends went gray beautifully both were brunettes, One had an amazing streak of gray and still does but it's widened a little.

The other went the Steve Martin route and went quickly from salt and pepper to the most amazing silver all over. She looks very classy. Really they both do.

I'm not as lucky. I'm blonde and began going a little gray after the kids were born (late 20s) not too bad and really barely noticeable. Then in my late 30s I began going a bit more gray, later my hair became very mousy looking and darker.

I said fuck it and began dying my hair. I keep my hair color close to what my natural color would be, so the grow out isn't awful.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-04-2016, 02:16 PM
When I turned 58 last year I realized I was getting close to 60. I grew out my completely white in front, and darker in the back hair over the past year and I just love it- I grew it long and will keep on growing it till I turn 60 this coming January. I want to hit 60 fierce, like an old pirate queen.
I think that unless I totally threw myself into exploring what 60 is about, I wouldn't have been able to learn about it and enjoy it for what it is..instead of trying to hold onto middle age.

Turns out I am getting away with all sorts of mischief now! My long white hair usually gets a big happy grin from many people. It feels freeing. Undyed hair is softer and in much better condition, all I need to do is add a little oil to make it shine. I save oodles on haircuts too. I actually get more compliments now than I did when I had the dyed hair.

The only question is...bangs or no bangs- hum...I like the way that Emmylou Harris looks in her haircut...(when she does not use hairspray)I have gone into the bathroom with a pair of scissors several times but no bangs yet. I just wanted to see what I looked like with longish hair. I usually wear it in a french twist, but hubby likes it down. Heart

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 5 users Like carol's post
10-04-2016, 02:17 PM
I see the damage I did to my skin by being in the sun without protection. Aw well...wrinkles on my neck bother me the most. I can't stand turtleneck shirts/sweaters so that's out and I an only manage scarves when it's really cold.

I get the occasional silver hair. I color mine and tend to stay near my own color or something a bit more auburn. My grandmother was gray really young but most of the people in my family haven't gone gray until very late in life, if at all.

I am really not all that distressed though I do avoid having my photo taken. My mastectomy scars bother me more than signs of aging. I should really be getting over that but some days I get really down about them. I hate having been mutilated. Natural signs of aging are a different thing...at least in my mind they are. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 02:23 PM

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-04-2016, 02:27 PM
(10-04-2016 02:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I see the damage I did to my skin by being in the sun without protection. Aw well...wrinkles on my neck bother me the most. I can't stand turtleneck shirts/sweaters so that's out and I an only manage scarves when it's really cold.

I get the occasional silver hair. I color mine and tend to stay near my own color or something a bit more auburn. My grandmother was gray really young but most of the people in my family haven't gone gray until very late in life, if at all.

I am really not all that distressed though I do avoid having my photo taken. My mastectomy scars bother me more than signs of aging. I should really be getting over that but some days I get really down about them. I hate having been mutilated. Natural signs of aging are a different thing...at least in my mind they are. Undecided

I am covered with scars , and the best thing I did was to cover the zipper scar down my front with cherry blossoms as a tattoo. The scar used to make me feel ugly, now I just look kinky and rebellious instead. I have a few other scars but they are not under clothing, so it is less likely I would tattoo over them. the cherry blossoms are actually quite large- from my lower ribs up between my breasts to cover where the scar is...I may get some more someday for the hell of it. I have some new scars too. Not where people would see through, they are a surprise hidden under the clothing.

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 3 users Like carol's post
10-04-2016, 02:31 PM
(10-04-2016 02:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  . My mastectomy scars bother me more than signs of aging. I should really be getting over that but some days I get really down about them. I hate having been mutilated. Natural signs of aging are a different thing...at least in my mind they are. Undecided

Them's the battle scars....

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 02:32 PM
(10-04-2016 02:27 PM)carol Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:17 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I see the damage I did to my skin by being in the sun without protection. Aw well...wrinkles on my neck bother me the most. I can't stand turtleneck shirts/sweaters so that's out and I an only manage scarves when it's really cold.

I am covered with scars , and the best thing I did was to cover the zipper scar down my front with cherry blossoms as a tattoo. The scar used to make me feel ugly, now I just look kinky and rebellious instead. I have a few other scars but they are not under clothing, so it is less likely I would tattoo over them. the cherry blossoms are actually quite large- from my lower ribs up between my breasts to cover where the scar is...I may get some more someday for the hell of it. I have some new scars too. Not where people would see through, they are a surprise hidden under the clothing.

I have several tattoos...I just haven't found 'the thing' that I want to cover my scars. That's an option...it's just that I will know it when I see it and I haven't seen it yet. For now, I just feel a pang of pain when I see them. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 02:36 PM

#sigh