Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 02:40 PM
RE: Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread
(10-04-2016 02:36 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Love that song.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 02:41 PM

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2016, 02:43 PM
Stark tagged me in a photo of ladies who had had mastectomies. Some had reconstruction, some hadn't. They were posing without their shirts on. I am not to that point yet. I still struggle to accept the way I look now. I admire those women who can proudly show off the scars. They have a strength I don't have or haven't found yet.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 5 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 02:46 PM
(10-04-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:27 PM)carol Wrote:  I am covered with scars , and the best thing I did was to cover the zipper scar down my front with cherry blossoms as a tattoo. The scar used to make me feel ugly, now I just look kinky and rebellious instead. I have a few other scars but they are not under clothing, so it is less likely I would tattoo over them. the cherry blossoms are actually quite large- from my lower ribs up between my breasts to cover where the scar is...I may get some more someday for the hell of it. I have some new scars too. Not where people would see through, they are a surprise hidden under the clothing.

I have several tattoos...I just haven't found 'the thing' that I want to cover my scars. That's an option...it's just that I will know it when I see it and I haven't seen it yet. For now, I just feel a pang of pain when I see them. Undecided

Hug

I'm so sorry. I've seen pages of tatted art over mastectomy scars. Some of it really beautiful. I've even seen a scar tattoo on a scar. It was weird but I kind of understood it.

I remember when my aunt lost her breasts to cancer, I was about 13 or so. She showed me the scars about 6 months after her surgery. I was so surprised at how crooked and jagged they were and thought to myself why could they at least make them even and symmetrical. I didn't say anything and she never let on that they bothered her but I can't imagine they didn't. I was still at an age where you see adults as who they are to you and not as the adult people themselves. My uncle loved her so much I'm sure it hurt him to see her hurt but I doubt he cared what they looked like. To him she was the most beautiful woman ever.

I hope you find something that you like and makes it less painful to look at. Heart

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
10-04-2016, 02:51 PM
(10-04-2016 02:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have several tattoos...I just haven't found 'the thing' that I want to cover my scars. That's an option...it's just that I will know it when I see it and I haven't seen it yet. For now, I just feel a pang of pain when I see them. Undecided

Hug

I'm so sorry. I've seen pages of tatted art over mastectomy scars. Some of it really beautiful. I've even seen a scar tattoo on a scar. It was weird but I kind of understood it.

I remember when my aunt lost her breasts to cancer, I was about 13 or so. She showed me the scars about 6 months after her surgery. I was so surprised at how crooked and jagged they were and thought to myself why could they at least make them even and symmetrical. I didn't say anything and she never let on that they bothered her but I can't imagine they didn't. I was still at an age where you see adults as who they are to you and not as the adult people themselves. My uncle loved her so much I'm sure it hurt him to see her hurt but I doubt he cared what they looked like. To him she was the most beautiful woman ever.

I hope you find something that you like and makes it less painful to look at. Heart

Other than medical personnel, only my husband has seen my scars and that was some years ago. One is quite straight and isn't too bad, the other one is hideously jagged and has recessed. It's my issue to work out...just haven't managed it yet.

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 03:00 PM

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
10-04-2016, 03:01 PM
(10-04-2016 02:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:46 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  Hug

Other than medical personnel, only my husband has seen my scars and that was some years ago. One is quite straight and isn't too bad, the other one is hideously jagged and has recessed. It's my issue to work out...just haven't managed it yet.
*Hugs*
[+] 3 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
10-04-2016, 03:06 PM
(10-04-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:27 PM)carol Wrote:  I am covered with scars , and the best thing I did was to cover the zipper scar down my front with cherry blossoms as a tattoo. The scar used to make me feel ugly, now I just look kinky and rebellious instead. I have a few other scars but they are not under clothing, so it is less likely I would tattoo over them. the cherry blossoms are actually quite large- from my lower ribs up between my breasts to cover where the scar is...I may get some more someday for the hell of it. I have some new scars too. Not where people would see through, they are a surprise hidden under the clothing.

I have several tattoos...I just haven't found 'the thing' that I want to cover my scars. That's an option...it's just that I will know it when I see it and I haven't seen it yet. For now, I just feel a pang of pain when I see them. Undecided

Me too- the scar from the port, and the scars on my neck especially. and the little black radiation tattoos- hate em. I don't want them where people may see them on my neck...just gonna look like a pirate there instead. argh. avast ye...argh

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
10-04-2016, 03:07 PM
(10-04-2016 03:06 PM)carol Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have several tattoos...I just haven't found 'the thing' that I want to cover my scars. That's an option...it's just that I will know it when I see it and I haven't seen it yet. For now, I just feel a pang of pain when I see them. Undecided

Me too- the scar from the port, and the scars on my neck especially. and the little black radiation tattoos- hate em. I don't want them where people may see them on my neck...just gonna look like a pirate there instead. argh. avast ye...argh

Hug

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
10-04-2016, 03:09 PM
(10-04-2016 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 01:43 PM)julep Wrote:  It bugs me that there are more random aches. And that I exercise a lot and stretch a lot and still if I sit down for 20 minutes, my joints complain when I start to move again.

I'm still waiting for my hair to go gray, which is good, because I am shit at things like dying hair. My husband is seven years younger than me and almost all gray at this point

Two of my girlfriends went gray beautifully both were brunettes, One had an amazing streak of gray and still does but it's widened a little.

The other went the Steve Martin route and went quickly from salt and pepper to the most amazing silver all over. She looks very classy. Really they both do.

I'm not as lucky. I'm blonde and began going a little gray after the kids were born (late 20s) not too bad and really barely noticeable. Then in my late 30s I began going a bit more gray, later my hair became very mousy looking and darker.

I said fuck it and began dying my hair. I keep my hair color close to what my natural color would be, so the grow out isn't awful.

I often really like the way brunettes go gray. I started out strawberry blond, both my parents had dark hair and everyone told me I was going to be brunette by my teens, but my hair had a mind of its own and just darkened to a honey blond instead. I was 27 when I noticed about a half inch gray spot in one hank of hair. Oddly it was just in one small section of hair about three or four inches away from my scalp. I figured uh oh, that's it--but that clump grew out and that turns out to be the only gray hair that I have spotted, close to 30 years later at this point. Weird.
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post