Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 03:09 PM
RE: Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread
(10-04-2016 03:06 PM)carol Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  I have several tattoos...I just haven't found 'the thing' that I want to cover my scars. That's an option...it's just that I will know it when I see it and I haven't seen it yet. For now, I just feel a pang of pain when I see them. Undecided

Me too- the scar from the port, and the scars on my neck especially. and the little black radiation tattoos- hate em. I don't want them where people may see them on my neck...just gonna look like a pirate there instead. argh. avast ye...argh
And to you too.

*Hugs*
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Nishi Karano Kaze's post
10-04-2016, 03:10 PM
What I hate about old age is the weird onset of pains for no reason. Some days I feel fine and then bam I wake up and my knees hurt or my thighs hurt and not because I did anything unusual or fun. WTF? Then it will go away. Never know from day to day if I will feel ok or crap.

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post
10-04-2016, 03:11 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 03:21 PM by Dom.)
This song was first published in 1873. The words are by Eben Rexford and the music by H P Hanks.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 03:13 PM
(10-04-2016 03:11 PM)Dom Wrote:  This song was first published in 1873. The words are by Eben Rexford and the music by H P Hanks.

https://youtu.be/ovyP_ptYzPE

WeepingWeepingWeeping

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 1 user Likes Heatheness's post
10-04-2016, 03:14 PM
(10-04-2016 03:10 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  What I hate about old age is the weird onset of pains for no reason. Some days I feel fine and then bam I wake up and my knees hurt or my thighs hurt and not because I did anything unusual or fun. WTF? Then it will go away. Never know from day to day if I will feel ok or crap.

Some days my knees give me trouble. It's kind of weird because I am still quite limber and almost always sit with my legs tucked under me...so my knees are bent as far as they can go.

I think the worst thing is that my sleep patterns are all screwed up. I can think of no other reason other than age.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
10-04-2016, 03:17 PM
(10-04-2016 03:09 PM)julep Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 02:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Two of my girlfriends went gray beautifully both were brunettes, One had an amazing streak of gray and still does but it's widened a little.

The other went the Steve Martin route and went quickly from salt and pepper to the most amazing silver all over. She looks very classy. Really they both do.

I'm not as lucky. I'm blonde and began going a little gray after the kids were born (late 20s) not too bad and really barely noticeable. Then in my late 30s I began going a bit more gray, later my hair became very mousy looking and darker.

I said fuck it and began dying my hair. I keep my hair color close to what my natural color would be, so the grow out isn't awful.

I often really like the way brunettes go gray. I started out strawberry blond, both my parents had dark hair and everyone told me I was going to be brunette by my teens, but my hair had a mind of its own and just darkened to a honey blond instead. I was 27 when I noticed about a half inch gray spot in one hank of hair. Oddly it was just in one small section of hair about three or four inches away from my scalp. I figured uh oh, that's it--but that clump grew out and that turns out to be the only gray hair that I have spotted, close to 30 years later at this point. Weird.

That's what my girlfriend did. A single clump. It looks lovely on her.

At least I'm faring much better in the wrinkle department than other women my age...

I'm grateful for that.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

10-04-2016, 03:20 PM

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 03:30 PM
(10-04-2016 03:14 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Some days my knees give me trouble. It's kind of weird because I am still quite limber and almost always sit with my legs tucked under me...so my knees are bent as far as they can go.

DUH! One thing you will learn is not to spend extended periods of time in positions that put a lot of stress on any particular joint. It comes to haunt you.

10-04-2016, 03:37 PM
(10-04-2016 03:07 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 03:06 PM)carol Wrote:  Me too- the scar from the port, and the scars on my neck especially. and the little black radiation tattoos- hate em. I don't want them where people may see them on my neck...just gonna look like a pirate there instead. argh. avast ye...argh

Hug

Hug

The biology of mind bridges the sciences - concerned with the natural world - and the humanities - concerned with the meaning of human experience. Eric Kandel
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
10-04-2016, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 10-04-2016 04:40 PM by Fireball.)
Hug for all the mastectomy patients in here, and other ailments! That's got to be tough. I'm slowly graying at the temples, and my hairline is receding from the forehead and crown. I've always had thin hair. Maybe a shaved head, one day, but my wife will hate it. I'm not too wrinkled, but maybe if I lose some weight they'll show up. People always say I look young for my age.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post