Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-04-2016, 03:46 PM
RE: Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread
When I was young, people always thought I was older than I actually was.

Now they think I am younger.

I suppose I am ageless. Tongue

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 04:08 PM
(10-04-2016 03:10 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  What I hate about old age is the weird onset of pains for no reason. Some days I feel fine and then bam I wake up and my knees hurt or my thighs hurt and not because I did anything unusual or fun. WTF? Then it will go away. Never know from day to day if I will feel ok or crap.

My knees are fucked. It's probably from having gout for many years. If I get on my hunkers I can't get up again with the aid of a chair Sad.

I started going grey on the top and front of my head. It looks like I've been up a ladder painting the ceiling and I bumped me head off the ceiling when the paint was still wet. I'm just waiting for some smart arsed teenage fuck to shout "Hey Skunk!" when I'm walking down the street Tongue.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 3 users Like Marozz's post
10-04-2016, 04:08 PM
There's a hole in Daddy's arm where all the money goes. .... And Jesus Christ died for nothing I suppose. .... Little pitchers have big ears.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
10-04-2016, 04:20 PM

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 3 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 08:14 AM by Chas.)
I'll be 66 in less than a month. How the fuck did that happen? Shocking

My hair started thinning in my thirties, receeding in my forties, shaved it off in my fifties. It's probably gray like my beard, but who knows? Consider

Life is a series of changes and losses with whatever enjoyment one can wrest from it. I've lost family and friends, but I hold tight to the family I've got and I've made new friends along the way. Some skills and abilities decline, but I still improve some things and continually learn.

I've got many an ache, pain, and scar from bad luck or playing hard - sometimes both together. Yes

Shoulder (bicycle accident), neck (car accident), lower back (stupid lifting), hip (one leg shorter), and leg (tumor, infection, knee replacement, etc.) take turns aching depending on weather and activity.
Keep the weight down, exercise, and take drugs is my mantra. Thumbsup People often take me for 50-something, so it seems to be working.

Well, at least I'm in better shape than this poor schmuck.
[Image: HoffmanFixator2.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 9 users Like Chas's post
10-04-2016, 05:42 PM
I liked this song when it first came out, but it reflects my attitude so much more now. I think for me growing old isn't so much a matter of wrinkles and grey hair, I have long resigned myself to those. It's all about my attitude. One loses a part of one's inhibitions as one gets older (medical fact) and I am enjoying that part - I am finding so much freedom now. You know who really gets lucky? S/he who is old enough to find freedom, and young enough to enjoy it!

[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
10-04-2016, 06:57 PM
Well getting old is not fun. Like many I have scars from previous injuries etc. I am writing from hospital right now as a matter of fact. I then must visit another Dr to renew my morphine script. Other pain killers i have tried just don't cut it.

I lost my hair to chemo, which was actually funny at the time.

I admit I would prefer aging if it required less time in hospital.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 4 users Like Banjo's post
10-04-2016, 07:51 PM
Banjo you are in a war man, not getting old so much. I have no business posting in this thread really. I'm about your age Chas, just damn lucky to not have more things going on.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
10-04-2016, 07:53 PM
I can't truly know or appreciate most of this stuff yet. I may one day, if I am lucky enough to live to see it. I'll officially be in my thirties in a few short months. Luckily I have hair still, which I did not expect to keep this long (Dad was bald in his early 20's). I'm a bit fatter, and bit more bit more wrinkly than I once was. My joints crack and pop, which I blame on doing stupid things for Uncle Sam like running miles on end with 70+ pounds of gear for no goddamn reason. I do get the occasional random pain and tinnitus, but nothing unbearable. I can't really complain too much yet. Trying to enjoy the youth I have left as I know it is fleeting and have no misconceptions about the inevitable. Life means getting older or dying. Getting older generally means your body and mind become less sharp. I'm geared up for my gradual decline. Can't do shit about it but accept it. That being said, getting old don't mean you are capable of amazing mental and physical feats.

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
10-04-2016, 07:57 PM
(10-04-2016 07:51 PM)skyking Wrote:  Banjo you are in a war man, not getting old so much. I have no business posting in this thread really. I'm about your age Chas, just damn lucky to not have more things going on.

Why would you say you have no business posting in this thread. It's not just about complaints but also regrets and humor. Don't you have any of those to offer?

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
[+] 3 users Like Heatheness's post