Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-04-2016, 05:27 AM
RE: Wrinkles & Grey Hair Thread
(11-04-2016 12:33 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  I'm kicking 50. I don't mind it so much. To be sure, there's difficulties -- I have an incurable bone disease that inflicts constant pain, a couple of old injuries that flare up with the weather, and a back that's tired of labor but must be put to the task nightly -- all that notwithstanding, what I really appreciate about growing old is not only do I learn how to deal with those particular issues, but that in dealing with them each day I learn more about how to deal with the vicissitudes of life in general.

Especially with my osteonecrosis and its chronic pain, I've learnt that "mind over matter" is not simply a catchphrase, but an honest truth. I've learnt how to deal with the uncontrollable, in that sense, and I am still mindful enough to traduce the lessons to other, more abstract, parts of my life.

I'm grateful I've never had to battle cancer, and don't much care if grey takes over my scalp (it hasn't yet, good luck with that, you bastard!), but most of all I'm grateful to be able to find lessons where I least expect them.

Hug

Sorry you have to deal with that. One thing getting older does do for a lot of people, it allows you time enough to "know thy self" and come to terms with what it means for you. That can be a great gift to yourself. I also like the part where "I just don't give 2 fucks anymore".

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Heatheness's post
11-04-2016, 07:32 AM
[Image: old_zpsyuhctqzk.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
11-04-2016, 07:51 AM
(10-04-2016 10:55 AM)Heatheness Wrote:  I'm turning 59 here in a few days and I was thinking about getting my nipples pierced... but I changed my mind, the idea of them getting caught on my belt buckle was just too much! Laugh out load

how did I miss this jem? Heatheness, this reminds me of this couple celebrating their 50th anniversary.
They decided to do everything jsut as it was on the honeymoon. Traveled to Paris, booked the same room, and even had naked room service breakfast.
Her husband is reading the morning paper and she says,
"after all these years, my nipples still get hot for you"
He looks over the paper and replies,
" One of them is in your coffee and the other is in the oatmeal"
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
11-04-2016, 07:58 AM
Bwahahahaha... to both Dom & Skyking. Hilarious!

[Image: dnw9krH.jpg?4]
11-04-2016, 04:04 PM
(10-04-2016 01:26 PM)Heatheness Wrote:  
(10-04-2016 01:22 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  [Image: The-Funny-Things-About-Getting-Old-bits-...05-290.jpg]

Me too! Weeping

Sucks, don't it?

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-04-2016, 04:32 PM
*just* got back from my first screening colonoscopy. Yay me, no polyps and come back in 10 years.
[+] 3 users Like skyking's post
11-04-2016, 09:26 PM
I told my doctor he'd need a gun to get me to go back for another one!

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
[+] 1 user Likes Minimalist's post
11-04-2016, 09:52 PM
(11-04-2016 09:26 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  I told my doctor he'd need a gun to get me to go back for another one!

My doctor urged me to get one.

I told him to shove it up his ass. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 6 users Like Chas's post
11-04-2016, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 11-04-2016 11:13 PM by skyking.)
derail
12-04-2016, 09:24 AM
im 32 and no greys yet. i have found the occasional white hair in my beard but those could be leftover blondes from before my hair mysteriously changed to brown. hard to tell. no baldness though. ive got a shitload of curly hobbit-like hair. no aches or pains to speak of. i recently had a daughter though, so im sure all of this will go downhill soon.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post