Writers?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
09-11-2011, 08:52 PM
RE: Writers?
(09-11-2011 10:47 AM)calmyourtitsbro Wrote:  When I'm focused & nothing stressful is on my mind, I write very well.
Most of the time, when I do write, I like to use modern English speech.
Instead of "How are you?", you know I'll use "How art thou?"
Or instead of "Good morning, love", I'll say "Fair dawn to thee, light of my day."

There are those who consider archaic speech to be pretentious. I am not of such school of thought.

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 07:48 PM
I've written several articles on history, mythology, and martial arts. I have been working on a historical fiction set in 11th century Egypt, India, and China. I doubt I will ever finish it.
[+] 1 user Likes ghostexorcist's post
05-01-2012, 02:35 AM
The Attack on S c i e n c e
It had changed quickly. Altered the world. Changed our perspective. Prized our intelligence. Gone to far.
The Beggining of C.o.r.e.
This organization was created to change the world but had to use fallacies to gain power. Would its fallacies be its fate?
The Collapse of United Nations
The League of Nations was created after WW1. It failed to stop the second. Will the United Nations prevent the 3rd?
The Desperation of The Church of God
Of all threats, the deadliest, was the antichrist this book had portrayed. The Church had mimicked this threat.

This was
The End of Humanity
The story of the inevitable. Of the drastic. Of me and You.
And with these last words I would like to say:
"The world began without man, and it will end without him."

A man who had suffered the tragedies of humanity and did not live.
My name was,

This was very old and I laugh now but I may return to it. I understand its a bit short and worded weirdly but it was an assignment to portray a plot with the fewest amount of words. I hope it gives you an idea of what I enjoy writing about.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?
Find all posts by this user
05-01-2012, 05:14 PM
I started writing a book a few years ago but got stuck...
it is a fictional story about two friends and the end of the world and war and stuff like that. It sounds boring but it the story idea as I have it hasn't been there in this form yet. It has so many layers that I am at a point where I have to find a good concept of how to do it right and entertaining... so that's where I am stuck... since over a year... (also stuck because I have a job now and am tired after)

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
05-01-2012, 06:06 PM
Writer's block is perfectionist block. The only remedy to that is to just begin writing! Write about it, toss ideas and continue to search until you find something you like. I'd love to read your work and if you feel like posting any of it, I'd be happy to read.

The end of the world intrigues me but it has nothing to do with meteors or 2012. It has to do with religion and hatred and a war that could erupt from it.

So would you mind sharing? I would share as well but I need to begin writing as well.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

06-01-2012, 11:22 AM
I would like to share but I left the safe copy at my old place when I moved to Ireland. I wanted to start over anyway. So why not

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
06-01-2012, 04:42 PM
Well I'll be glad to read anything you'd like to share. Starting over isn't a bad thing. Rewriting things could give you new ideas.

I've had to do it a couple times.

06-01-2012, 09:06 PM
I love writing too. I'm currently working on a webcomic with my hubby, and a series of novellas that I call Oroboros. I'm actually in school to be a linguist, but writing is a fun hobby. I like to apply my linguistic knowledge to the devising of fantasy worlds.

My Blog
[+] 1 user Likes dreamingfifi's post
07-01-2012, 03:32 PM
I like to write about humanities problems and revolve stories around them. My current second book incorporates a religious fanatic named Huluhot who begins a religious war with terrible outcomes.

07-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Personally I write quite a lot, though I am terrible at actually finishing what I start. I am not talented enough to write short stories, and when I try for a novel or novella I always get struck by new inspiration and start a new story. The consequences of this are obvious. In any event, I am currently juggling two ideas, both science fiction and within the same universe (One of my favorite elements of writing is world building, this particular universe is very well fleshed out). The first idea a tried and true (and cliche) scenario. Colonel Franklin Scott was recently given command of an Ares, named Odysseus (you all know where this is going. . .) and on the vessel's maiden voyage, a traditional flight to the star Soldaria, the vessel passes through a super nova in progress. Without going into the technobabble to explain how it happens, the energy of the super nova supercharges the ship's FTL drive and flings it across the galaxy. After a mutiny, a romance, and a meeting with a highly advanced race of multi-dimensional super aliens, Scott finally makes it back home sans ship. That would be Requiem in a nutshell.

The other one, which is a bit less cliche, revolves around the government of the planet, Oriens, that Scott hails from (chronologically this story takes place after the first one). It is a bit of a political thriller revolving mostly around the collapse of a republic government into a despotism over ethical concerns stemming from genetic engineering. The current government, called the United Coalition of Oriens, supports the advance of pure science regardless of ethical concerns, which is strongly opposed by a large group of citizens and government officials. Ultimately this leads to a civil war over the issue, which finally comes to a close after the UCO's military leader disposes of the idealistic civilian leader, Silvia Brookes, and bans the research in question, bringing peace at the cost of the democracy.

Those are the two that I am working on at the moment anyway. Odds are that neither will ever see completion, but I'm doing my best. I think for now I'm going to try and focus on Requiem more so than the second one; I'm not sure if my style is mature enough just yet to lend itself to a political thriller type of novel, so I can lean on action scenes as a crutch in Requiem to keep things interesting.
[+] 1 user Likes Douglas's post