Writers?

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
28-03-2011, 10:49 PM

Writers?
Hey, new user here. I'm giving a shout out to all authors, and wanna be authors or for fun authors. Do you write? What about? Why? Post it here!
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 10:56 PM
RE: Writers?
I write stories while I masturbate.

BWAHAHAA!
Naw but really, I tried to write a few times. I often get good feedback, but I don't feel like I'm much good, like I'm never happy with it.

Welcome to the forums btw :3

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 12:22 AM
I am actually a published writer. My current project is a series of mystery novels with an atheist detective. I wrote the fourth book in the series for NaNoWriMo this past fall.
Find all posts by this user
29-03-2011, 12:49 AM
I've written some articles for activism stuff and started some books. Right now I can't find the time to really write.

I'm not a non believer, I believe in the possibility of anything. I just don't let the actuality of something be determined by a 3rd party.
29-03-2011, 08:55 AM
I fancy myself a writer but I haven't written anything in a while since I started University. I'm never satisfied with my stuff when it's done though, I have a 125 page hand written story sitting in my closet collecting dust because I don't like it anymore and I don't want to put in the effort to spruce it up because I don't think it would be worth it. Everyone who has read it says otherwise Tongue

I'd like to be published one day, maybe soon. I'm bouncing around an idea about a sci-fi post-apocalyptic Earth but I haven't written any of it down yet.

29-03-2011, 09:32 AM

I'm currently working on a series of science fantasy novels, centering around a school for Noetics (the theory of noetics centers around the idea that the human mind is capable of affecting work or events or even doing work in the physical world.) It follows a new student of the Institute, and the tragedy and mental downfall, and eventual obsession of the antagonist to attempt to resurrect his now dead wife and child. In the book however noetics is presented as a higher conciousness in which you can manipulate thermal, kinetic and electrical energy as a magic user would control a spell.
Quote this message in a reply
29-03-2011, 11:48 AM
(29-03-2011 12:22 AM)gamutman Wrote:  I am actually a published writer. My current project is a series of mystery novels with an atheist detective. I wrote the fourth book in the series for NaNoWriMo this past fall.

Where could I find a list of your work? I'd be very interested in having a look.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
30-03-2011, 02:12 PM
(29-03-2011 11:48 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(29-03-2011 12:22 AM)gamutman Wrote:  I am actually a published writer. My current project is a series of mystery novels with an atheist detective. I wrote the fourth book in the series for NaNoWriMo this past fall.

Where could I find a list of your work? I'd be very interested in having a look.

I wrote for an informational book series in which I profiled beer styles, described the differences in beer glasses, and reviewed beer of the month clubs. The book is called the Buzz on Beer and the publisher is out of business. You may be able to find the book Online.

I also wrote a sci-fi novel which is available in ebook format only. I get a five dollar check every three years or so for that one. It's called Synthetic Blood and Mixed Emotions.

I also wrote for a local newsletter company. And I published a short western story in an online anthology.

My mystery novels are currently unpublished, but a short story featuring the detective is available at overlordstory.blogspot.com
[+] 1 user Likes gamutman's post
01-04-2011, 07:33 AM
I write, though I'm not published anywhere.

I'm actually considering turning one of my projects into a serial web novel on Blogspot or something. I won't get paid, but I don't really care about money right now, so... yeah.

"Sometimes it is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness."
- Terry Pratchett
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-04-2011, 08:32 AM
I write on occasion. I have a few short stories here and there, but unfortunately I'm the type to start something and not finish it. I have started several screenplays and stories but they are just sitting around.

Our brains deceive us on a regular basis, so we have to find ways to fight back.