Writing on Apologies

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-09-2013, 12:57 AM
Writing on Apologies
For a while now, I've been considering writing my own apologetic. Not for atheism exactly, but for empirical skepticism.

Just starting at the beginning, justifying empirical skepticism from the ground up, is giving me writer's block (I know the logic but presentation's being clunky), so I'm thinking of cutting my teeth on the popular apologists of Christianity (and other religions, but Christianity's the one most at large in my culture). I'm already writing up WLC's self-authenticating witness of the Holy Spirit, because that's the one that makes me facepalm the most. Does anyone have another apology (offensive or defensive) that they'd like me to dissect?

(Ima cross-post this in Skepticism unless mods object.)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-09-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: Writing on Apologies
I pray that baby jesus helps to unblock you.

Whatever you write will be divinely inspired, I'm sure.

I'm struggling to think of a theistic argument that hasn't already been thoroughly debunked.

Why not take a stab at the 'deistic' argument. Y'know, the undisprovable one.

09-09-2013, 01:08 AM
This might give you some inspiration, and if nothing else, it'll be an amusing watch for everybody else.

[Image: GrumpyCat_01.gif]
09-09-2013, 01:21 AM
Ha ha. WLC. I attended his simulcast of atheism last winter... it's too easy to face palm to that. New-age Christianity seems to be on the rise, and the more liberal albeit strong Christian minded folk get my attention with phrases such as "Happens for a reason" and other nonsense. I can't think of any one person or sect but it seems skepticism could have a lot to say about that.

Good luck, sounds like a good way to spend time!