Wrongful birth

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2013, 06:28 PM
RE: Wrongful birth
(18-12-2013 03:58 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(17-12-2013 03:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't care for the slant of the article on the whole. The Seattle couple aside. I would have no problem with going though lots of genetic testing and making a decision based on the results.

If I believed a company acted to suppress or misinterpret the information, yes I'd sue.

To me it's no difference than being told by what you believe is a competent doctor that you haven't an illness when in fact you do...the delay in treatment...

Or them removing the wrong limb...

This case basically says its okay to abort the handicapped.

What if the couple claimed they would have aborted the child if they knew the child was female but the ultrasound people botched it and told them the child was male? Okay to sue then? Where do you draw the line?

it is OK to abort. Period.

Having a handicapped child is a huge financial burden,
so holding the hospital responsible for these cost makes sense.
If the child werethe wrong sex, it would not affect the cost of the upbringing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like black_squirrel's post
18-12-2013, 06:30 PM
(18-12-2013 01:05 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  According to a few articles I just read......... non-disabled people have deemed calling those with "limitations" as "Disabled" for PC purposes. While....... (and I found this very cute) those people who actually HAVE disabilities DID NOT like the term Disabled. Many of them say "Hey - I work full time. I may have a handicap but I am NOT disabled!" Sounds to me like we're in a bit of hair-splitting over this one. LOL And the ONLY way to be safe is to politically correct-fully address someone's specific issue - such as Wheelchair person or Blind (aka NOT Blind PERSON......as blind person is NOT PC) So there are cases when using the word "person" is appropriate and then other times using the term "person" is VERY Unfit a thing to do. Holy Handicapped Batman - it's crazy out there Hobo

In fact, this is SO confusing (even to those who HAVE disabilities - for they cannot agree either) Could we maybe just get back to the LAW SUIT........... ??

Confused

Perhaps this what-is and what-is-not PC deserves its very own thread?

I see lots of disabled veteran plates on cars around here...must not be too awful of a word. And I doubt that few return their disability checks because they are offended.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
18-12-2013, 06:57 PM
(18-12-2013 06:30 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 01:05 PM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  According to a few articles I just read......... non-disabled people have deemed calling those with "limitations" as "Disabled" for PC purposes. While....... (and I found this very cute) those people who actually HAVE disabilities DID NOT like the term Disabled. Many of them say "Hey - I work full time. I may have a handicap but I am NOT disabled!" Sounds to me like we're in a bit of hair-splitting over this one. LOL And the ONLY way to be safe is to politically correct-fully address someone's specific issue - such as Wheelchair person or Blind (aka NOT Blind PERSON......as blind person is NOT PC) So there are cases when using the word "person" is appropriate and then other times using the term "person" is VERY Unfit a thing to do. Holy Handicapped Batman - it's crazy out there Hobo

In fact, this is SO confusing (even to those who HAVE disabilities - for they cannot agree either) Could we maybe just get back to the LAW SUIT........... ??

Confused

Perhaps this what-is and what-is-not PC deserves its very own thread?

I see lots of disabled veteran plates on cars around here...must not be too awful of a word. And I doubt that few return their disability checks because they are offended.

LOL I bet you're right.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
18-12-2013, 09:53 PM
(18-12-2013 01:04 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 12:28 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  Why should what you think affect other people's choices? If one day you are very sick and suffering then by all means chose to stay alive and suffer. But don't try to push your opinions or beliefs on someone else. If someone doesn't want to live, then why shouldn't they have the right to die?
Well, I'll put it this way. I'm prejudice against the religious on this. If any religious person resigns themself to death because they believe there is an afterlife or "something better" than this life, then eff that. No, they shouldn't be allowed to die because they have been tricked into believing the whole lie of the afterlife. It's like murder by influence.

If a person is making an informed decision, knowing that there is no afterlife, I think they are very much making the biggest mistake of their lives, but I think they more or less have the right to do with their lives as they want.

I think most religions view suicide as a one way ticket to hell anyways.
18-12-2013, 10:39 PM
(18-12-2013 09:53 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  I think most religions view suicide as a one way ticket to hell anyways.
I honestly have no idea. But probably Smile

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
19-12-2013, 06:14 AM
(18-12-2013 09:53 PM)LostandInsecure Wrote:  
(18-12-2013 01:04 PM)Adrianime Wrote:  Well, I'll put it this way. I'm prejudice against the religious on this. If any religious person resigns themself to death because they believe there is an afterlife or "something better" than this life, then eff that. No, they shouldn't be allowed to die because they have been tricked into believing the whole lie of the afterlife. It's like murder by influence.

If a person is making an informed decision, knowing that there is no afterlife, I think they are very much making the biggest mistake of their lives, but I think they more or less have the right to do with their lives as they want.

I think most religions view suicide as a one way ticket to hell anyways.

Yeah they do.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man