Wrote a book to rationally critique New Atheism's political agenda

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-03-2015, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2015 01:10 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
Wrote a book to rationally critique New Atheism's political agenda
In an effort to open-up further discussion regarding the pros and cons of the New Atheist movement - including the fact that it often denies itself to be a social movement while having all the conditions of being an online form of social movement - I've tried my best to produce the most rational criticisms that I can think of against New Atheism. I'm sure that fans of Sam Harris will find the flaws but I think it's important to begin a more open dialogue about this issue because it's obviously not going away.

So, I've written this book to codify and give my chief contentions, it should be free for anyone who has Kindle Unlimited, and you can read the free sample before any purchase.

About me: I'm a self-identified secular humanist who has become disturbed by the level of animosity in online forums, atheist conventions, and viewing the rhetoric that the Four Horsemen used against both Muslim people and feminism. And yet, I can't believe this needs to be said, there really are problems that are simply being ignored. So I've written this book to highlight the more irrational aspects of the New Atheist movement so that it can improve or change course.

link removed
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
01-03-2015, 01:12 PM
RE: Wrote a book to rationally critique New Atheism's political agenda
Just so you're aware, we don't allow links to personal works for profit in newbie posts.

If you stick around and take time to get to know us, you're welcome to mention it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

01-03-2015, 01:16 PM
I'm intrigued to know what Dan Dennett has said against muslims and feminists.

But I possess no kindling kit so I guess I'll never know.

And, welcome to TTA.

01-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Hello! Big Grin
01-03-2015, 05:26 PM
You're going to have to support the assertion that those four have disparaged feminism.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2015, 05:38 PM
(01-03-2015 05:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  You're going to have to support the assertion that those four have disparaged feminism.

That, and I've yet to see any of them on a horse.... Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 2 users Like evenheathen's post