X-Men: Days of Future Past

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
23-05-2014, 06:51 PM
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past
I just saw it, and absolutely loved it. Right when I was starting to get burnt out on comic movies, and this ends up as good as I had hoped. Well, it deviated from the comics so it I could complain, but I got use to all the changes after the original.

I am biased, being a X-Men fan in general, but it was great, and up there with First Class, Batman Beginss, Dark Knight, Avengers and Winter Soldier...probably my favorite CB right now, until I have a second veiwing and let the excitement die off.

Can't wait for mother friggin Apocalypse!

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-05-2014, 11:06 PM
I was with the trailer for the film until the movie displayed time travel.

Time travel + xmen = crap movie.

I mean seriously?! using time travel to fix an event in the future from happening. That is so played out its not even funny. Its the same basic generic story line that follows every other one like it. I have no interest to see this movie, ever.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
24-05-2014, 11:23 PM
(24-05-2014 11:06 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  I was with the trailer for the film until the movie displayed time travel.

Time travel + xmen = crap movie.

I mean seriously?! using time travel to fix an event in the future from happening. That is so played out its not even funny. Its the same basic generic story line that follows every other one like it. I have no interest to see this movie, ever.

X-Men: Days of Future Past was a comic book arc about time travel long before Terminator came out. It is one of the few stroies that helped inspire and create great time travel stories that followed. It is also a very main theme in various popular X-Men arcs over the years. It is their story to use, and I think they made good use to help correct previous mistakes.

A wise person makes their own decisions; an ignorant one follows public opinion.
27-05-2014, 01:18 AM
I liked it, but I didn't like First Class. So I'm a weirdo. Tongue It seems like people are very polarized in their opinion on it.

I can agree that fixing the problems of the earlier movies with time travel is lazy and overly convenient, but they were just remaining true to the source material.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
27-05-2014, 02:19 AM
(27-05-2014 01:18 AM)Cephalotus Wrote:  I liked it, but I didn't like First Class. So I'm a weirdo. Tongue It seems like people are very polarized in their opinion on it.

I can agree that fixing the problems of the earlier movies with time travel is lazy and overly convenient, but they were just remaining true to the source material.

Yeah cause X-men doesn't retcon with time travel all the time. Meh at least they fixed all the stupid that was the original trilogy.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
27-05-2014, 12:15 PM
(22-05-2014 04:37 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  Anyone else seen this?

Tbh, I thought it was pretty bad. It's disappointing as I really enjoyed First Class and I was expecting to enjoy this just as much. Unfortunately I was disappointed.

My advice;

1) Spend the money you would spend on seeing this on a box-set of all the films in the series so far.

2) Destroy the disk for Wolverine: Origins.

3) Enjoy the X-Men films that were actually good.

What, in the fuck, is wrong with you?!

You are insane, Hughsie.

No one listen to him, he is wrong.

[Edit: ...except for Wolverine: Origins...that was crap, I agree there. And I own the actually comicbooks for Wolverine: Origins. They should have just done what was actually in the book, plus his back story with getting his adamantium. And maybe him fighting The Hulk in Canada...maybe... That's all that movie should have been, but they did not even bother to do it.]

27-05-2014, 06:53 PM
I have yet to see any of the x-men movies.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
29-05-2014, 05:14 AM
I only want to see it because Michael Fassbender is in it and, well…I'm all gay for him and shit. Blush

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-05-2014, 06:06 AM
Fassbender and McAvoy were brilliant casting choices. I've always likes Mags, but not so much on Xavier. Xavier has always bored me, but this take on young Xavier with McAvoy really has me liking the character more and more.

[+] 1 user Likes Elskidor's post
29-05-2014, 09:12 AM
I liked it. It was definitely a fun movie. I can forgive some of the story line alterations. They are fitting years of comics into a 2 hour flick.

I didn't like how Prof X was back. I thought he transferred his consciousness into another body...but now he's Prof X. And Wolvie's got his adamantium claws back? First off...Silver Samurai cutting the claws off was pointless...and that was way off to the story line, but how did he get them back?

The religion of one age, is the literary entertainment of the next.