X-Men: Days of Future Past

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-05-2014, 09:39 AM
RE: X-Men: Days of Future Past
(29-05-2014 09:12 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  I liked it. It was definitely a fun movie. I can forgive some of the story line alterations. They are fitting years of comics into a 2 hour flick.

I didn't like how Prof X was back. I thought he transferred his consciousness into another body...but now he's Prof X. And Wolvie's got his adamantium claws back? First off...Silver Samurai cutting the claws off was pointless...and that was way off to the story line, but how did he get them back?

Xavier transferred his consciousness into his twin that was in a coma at birth. That's one story arc that saves a lot of money.
Prof x and Magneto got the claws back, like how they always do. They just replace the claws.
I was going to see the new Xmen, but it was sold out when we got there so, we got to see Godzilla: reboot with mouth HADOUKEN!

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-05-2014, 10:42 AM
(29-05-2014 09:39 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 09:12 AM)=jesse= Wrote:  I liked it. It was definitely a fun movie. I can forgive some of the story line alterations. They are fitting years of comics into a 2 hour flick.

I didn't like how Prof X was back. I thought he transferred his consciousness into another body...but now he's Prof X. And Wolvie's got his adamantium claws back? First off...Silver Samurai cutting the claws off was pointless...and that was way off to the story line, but how did he get them back?

Xavier transferred his consciousness into his twin that was in a coma at birth. That's one story arc that saves a lot of money.
Prof x and Magneto got the claws back, like how they always do. They just replace the claws.
I was going to see the new Xmen, but it was sold out when we got there so, we got to see Godzilla: reboot with mouth HADOUKEN!

Exactly. In comics when you jump a few decades, like this movie did, there is a lot that is going on inbetween those years. They don't strongly explain the Xavier thing, but they hint toward it in the end sceen in X-men 3. With Wolverine, just have to assume it worked out some how over the course of the past few decades.

If you read comics you know that now one really ever truly dies, and no one who losses an ablility or power (e.g., metal claws) will be gone forever. It would be nice to know how Wolverine got his claws back, because they didn't even hint toward it, but now it doesn't really even matter, because now he never even lost them, so it's a moot point now.

29-05-2014, 11:17 AM
(29-05-2014 10:42 AM)Raptor Jesus Wrote:  
(29-05-2014 09:39 AM)Alex_Leonardo Wrote:  Xavier transferred his consciousness into his twin that was in a coma at birth. That's one story arc that saves a lot of money.

Exactly. In comics when you jump a few decades, like this movie did, there is a lot that is going on inbetween those years. They don't strongly explain the Xavier thing, but they hint toward it in the end sceen in X-men 3. With Wolverine, just have to assume it worked out some how over the course of the past few decades.

If you read comics you know that now one really ever truly dies, and no one who losses an ablility or power (e.g., metal claws) will be gone forever. It would be nice to know how Wolverine got his claws back, because they didn't even hint toward it, but now it doesn't really even matter, because now he never even lost them, so it's a moot point now.

This should really have been titled X-men: The total Retcon of the series.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense