"X-ercise in Imagination"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-02-2015, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 10:31 AM by Job_1207.)
"X-ercise in Imagination"
Hi guys,

I hope you didn't think you got rid of me so easily. Just kidding. I haven't been online for a week but now I'm back. I just want to start a new thread which is not about evolution or God, but it can lead to that discussion.

One of you said (replying to one of my comments) that you atheists don't go to religious forums and ask them why they are so damn sure there is a God. I suppose that's just a diplomatic translation of, "If we don't bother you guys, why the hell do you (Job_1207) come here to pester us with your stupid god and imaginary boss?" It would take me too long to answer that question, but one thing is for sure: If you are so certain of the validity of your conviction, then an argumentative discussion with pests like me would only benefit you. At the end of the day you would have proven creationists wrong once more and by doing that you would have strengthened your own conviction about evolution and materialism. It's like in computer games; when you kill a beast you get "experience" and your level increases.

But for now, I don't want us to fight anymore. I just want to share something with you. Something about imagination that is supposed to be very funny. It uses the English language in a way that becomes either ridiculously brilliant or brilliantly ridiculous. It's up to you to decide which one it is.

PS. Read at least one page before you discard it as "trash." Again, it's supposed to have linguistic value, not philosophical, so take it as a joke. Enjoy!

Attached File(s)
.pdf  X-ercise in Imagination-1.pdf (Size: 121.05 KB / Downloads: 30)

It doesn't matter what I believe; all that matters is what I can prove!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-02-2015, 10:12 AM
RE: "X-ercise in Imagination"
(14-02-2015 10:06 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Hi guys,

I hope you didn't think you got rid of me so easily. Just kidding. I haven't been online for a week but now I'm back. I just want to start a new thread which is not about evolution or God, but it can lead to that discussion.

One of you said (replying to one of my comments) that you atheists don't go to religious forums and ask them why they are so damn sure there is a God. I suppose that's just a diplomatic translation of, "If we don't bother you guys, why the hell do you (Job_1207) come here to pester us with your stupid god and imaginary boss?" It would take me too long to answer that question, but one thing is for sure: If you are so certain of the validity of your conviction, then an argumentative discussion with pests like me would only benefit you. At the end of the day you would have proven creationists wrong once more and by doing that you would have strengthened your own conviction about evolution and materialism. It's like in computer games; when you kill a beast you get "experience" and your level increases.

But for now, I don't want us to fight anymore. I just want to share something with you. Something about imagination that is supposed to be very funny. It uses the English language in a way that becomes either ridiculously brilliant or brilliantly ridiculous. It's up to you to decide which one it is.

PS. Read at least one page before you discard it as "trash." Again, it's supposed to have linguistic value, not philosophical, so take it as a joke. Enjoy!

Read some of it and then quit.

I do not see any logical point being made in it. The best thing you can do is to sum up your point in 50 words or less right here on the forum, otherwise people will do exactly as I did, and become disinterested.

Take this advice, or this thread will die.

How can anyone become an atheist when we are all born with no beliefs in the first place? We are atheists because we were born this way.
14-02-2015, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 14-02-2015 10:29 AM by Peebothuhul.)
Hello and welcome back.

Read your link, kind of reminds me of some Abbott and Costello mixed in with Groucho Marx. Interesting word play, how long did it take you to write/put it together?

Must adimt my knowledge of literature is poor. There are very few of any classics that I've read. Blush

As for your other comments re creationism etc I believe others have here and in other places shown it to be bunk.

Edit: Actually..... the onus isn't on we to disprove creationism. ......... But simply for there to be any proof or validity in any of the myriad different types of creationism floating about and shouting down one another out there.....

Much cheers to all.
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post
14-02-2015, 10:30 AM
Must be blind, I'm not seeing a link.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-02-2015, 10:39 AM
(14-02-2015 10:23 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  Hello and welcome back.

Read your link, kind of reminds me of some Abbott and Costello mixed in with Groucho Marx. Interesting word play, how long did it take you to write/put it together?

Must adimt my knowledge of literature is poor. There are very few of any classics that I've read. Blush

As for your other comments re creationism etc I believe others have here and in other places shown it to be bunk.

Edit: Actually..... the onus isn't on we to disprove creationism. ......... But simply for there to be any proof or validity in any of the myriad different types of creationism floating about and shouting down one another out there.....

Much cheers to all.
It took me a few hours one night, when instead of going to bed at a decent hour, like normal people do, I stayed up in front of my computer and came up with that. I didn't feel like I had to think too much about what I was going to write because things just came easily to my mind. One line led to the next, so to speak. I suppose that's what inspiration must be, the one that is responsible for all literary works of art that we have. Now, I don't claim mine can qualify as a work of art. On the contrary; I'd be glad if people gave it enough consideration to read the whole thing before labeling it as interesting junk.

14-02-2015, 10:41 AM
(14-02-2015 10:30 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Must be blind, I'm not seeing a link.

I didn't either when I first opened the thread. When I opened it a second time I got a PDF attachment in the first post. Looks like maybe a bug in the forum software. (Nevermind...see the next post...)

I started reading the attachment but it didn't seem to have a point or make any sense so I just started skimming to see if it went anywhere. If it does, I'm not seeing it.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
14-02-2015, 10:42 AM
(14-02-2015 10:30 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Must be blind, I'm not seeing a link.
I removed the link temporarily because I spotted a spelling mistake in the first document, so I had to correct it and reattach it. Sorry. You can read it now.

14-02-2015, 10:55 AM
(14-02-2015 10:12 AM)Free Wrote:  
(14-02-2015 10:06 AM)Job_1207 Wrote:  Hi guys,

Read some of it and then quit.

I do not see any logical point being made in it. The best thing you can do is to sum up your point in 50 words or less right here on the forum, otherwise people will do exactly as I did, and become disinterested.

Take this advice, or this thread will die.

Have you read the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland? I think it took Lewis Carroll more than 50 words to write it, and a lot of stuff in there is just as nonsensical as the stuff I wrote. He didn't write it to convey a certain message, but for the sake of playing with the English language. Just for your information, Lewis Carroll was a British writer and mathematician, among other things, and mathematicians are thought to have very vivid imagination. I'm not a mathematician myself, but I like the subject and I was good at it in school.

14-02-2015, 11:00 AM
At work.

Ah! I've experienced the Muse pushing the pen across the paper, the words forming in the mind almost faster than the hand can write. Smile

When I get home I'll link through to said works, if you'd like?

As for thoughts....... What might it have been trying to provoke?

Much cheers to all.
14-02-2015, 11:18 AM
(14-02-2015 11:00 AM)Peebothuhul Wrote:  At work.

Ah! I've experienced the Muse pushing the pen across the paper, the words forming in the mind almost faster than the hand can write. Smile

When I get home I'll link through to said works, if you'd like?

As for thoughts....... What might it have been trying to provoke?

Much cheers to all.

Exactly. I'm a poor typist at best, and at some point I felt as if I couldn't keep up with the flow of ideas coming to my mind. I couldn't write as fast as the ideas came to me. Very strange feeling, but good strange not bad strange.

Other than the actual exercise of the language (I'm not a native speaker of English, by the way), I wanted to get to a more subtle point about our existence and the fact that we find ourselves in "the room" after having walked on the weird hallway without remembering the hallway itself because there was nothing there to remember. I am actually working on Part Two, as we speak, but I don't know how long it will take me to finish it. The first part was easy because I had the luxury of wandering all over the place and fooling around. Now I need to steer the story towards the point I want to make and that's not easy at all. I'm still not convinced I can do it. I mean, I have the idea in my head, but I don't know if I can put it down on paper, so to speak...

Anyway, thanks for your interest. It means I didn't waste my time writing this after all. Even if only one person in one hundred finds it interesting, I think it's still worth the effort of writing it. Smile