XFD!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-09-2012, 12:42 PM
RE: XFD!
I used to be an op mgr at a telecommunications company and we had an order "naming convention" with AT&T. They originally wanted 6 random letters, but I got it changed to 8 related letters, split between name and type. It was decided that certain tech orders would be sent with: a area code number+ the first 4 letters of the account name + what type of order it would be -so, if it was something to "change" on a line, it would be called ###namechng. Yes - all pretty retarded but, at least I got my brand of evil inserted into all the snootiness...

I knew the order confirmation would be verbally read back exactly ... and in testing, I was delighted to get an order to set up a hunt group for Mike's Sporting Goods. When the ATT rep repeated what I'd sent her - "716mikehunt" -- I replied, "Oh really?" She giggled all through the order.

To this day, it is possible people are still sending orders for hunt groups with company names like "Mike's something" to AT&T ...

I hope my legacy lives on in giggles. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
21-09-2012, 12:46 PM
(21-09-2012 12:42 PM)kim Wrote:  I used to be an op mgr at a telecommunications company and we had an order "naming convention" with AT&T. They originally wanted 6 random letters, but I got it changed to 8 related letters, split between name and type. It was decided that certain tech orders would be sent with: a area code number+ the first 4 letters of the account name + what type of order it would be -so, if it was something to "change" on a line, it would be called ###namechng. Yes - all pretty retarded but, at least I got my brand of evil inserted into all the snootiness...

I knew the order confirmation would be verbally read back exactly ... and in testing, I was delighted to get an order to set up a hunt group for Mike's Sporting Goods. When the ATT rep repeated what I'd sent her - "716mikehunt" -- I replied, "Oh really?" She giggled all through the order.

To this day, it is possible people are still sending orders for hunt groups with company names like "Mike's something" to AT&T ...

I hope my legacy lives on in giggles. Shy

that kind of small things makes the world a better place Thumbsup

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
21-09-2012, 12:54 PM
(21-09-2012 12:46 PM)nach_in Wrote:  
(21-09-2012 12:42 PM)kim Wrote:  I hope my legacy lives on in giggles. Shy

that kind of small things makes the world a better place Thumbsup

In a similar vein, one of my favourites was a supplier name we set up; a supplier of graphics cards called VIA GRAFIX

(but we didn't input spaces)

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post