Xbox One fucks up. Again. Oh, you poor console sods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-06-2013, 11:59 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 12:11 AM by ELK12695.)
Xbox One fucks up. Again. Oh, you poor console sods
Comfirmed for the Xbox One
-24 hour DRM. (Console checks in once every 24 hours online)
-1 hour DRM if not using home console.
-Mandatory Kinect.
-No renting, no loaning. No private sales (unless selling to someone who has been on your friends list for 30 days)
-Internet connection required.
-Trade-ins are up to the publisher and only at "participating" retailers.
+You can give a game to a friend only if they have been on your friends list for 30 days, and then only ONCE.
+Up to 10 family members can play your games from any console at any time? You & one other at a time.

In all honesty, if you buy this machine and try to make it work, it's pretty much the same as being raped in the ass by a giant strap-on with a Microsoft logo on it; without lube. Please, stay away from this thing.

[Image: garbage-day-o.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ELK12695's post
07-06-2013, 12:10 AM
RE: Xbox One fucks up. Again. Oh, you poor console sods
One wonders what logical process MS used to craft this madness. I'm getting too old for this shit...
07-06-2013, 12:15 AM
Jesus Christ. Glad I've never liked Xbox much and have no intention of buying this.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-06-2013, 12:47 AM
Jesus Weeping

Microsoft seems a bit stupid these days. No real innovation, quite a few blunders in recent years. I mean, they are heavyweights in the industry so I guess they might be able to flex sufficient muscle, especially if all the other vendors started getting on board with DRM stuff, but... for my money they're gonna fail. This has fail written all over it.

Like, basic rule of business. If you want to sell something to someone, don't go piss him off right before you try to sell it, or in the process of the same. All this DRM and not sharing stuff... yeah, makers of games want to protect their shit. But they won't *sell* their shit if they treat their customers as criminals who have to be monitored at all times.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
07-06-2013, 12:55 AM
Now it's down to Sony. My experience with Sony and drm stuff so far isn't good. They are known to implement some ridiculous shit.

It's too hard to predict what their approach will be with this stuff. Just wait and see.

Microsoft fucked this one up.

“Forget Jesus, the stars died so you could be born.” - Lawrence M. Krauss
[+] 2 users Like DeepThought's post
07-06-2013, 12:58 AM
(07-06-2013 12:55 AM)DeepThought Wrote:  Now it's down to Sony. My experience with Sony and drm stuff so far isn't good. They are known to implement some ridiculous shit.

It's too hard to predict what their approach will be with this stuff. Just wait and see.

Microsoft fucked this one up.

Sadly, where Microsoft goes, Sony is likely to follow in some way. You're lucky if Sony stays away from at least 50 % from the crap you saw up there. But don't get your hopes up.

07-06-2013, 01:51 AM
(07-06-2013 12:58 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Sadly, where Microsoft goes, Sony is likely to follow in some way. You're lucky if Sony stays away from at least 50 % from the crap you saw up there. But don't get your hopes up.

True, but for the rest of the console gaming communities sake, I'll hope you're wrong. Consider how great it would be for Sony's sales if they DIDN'T follow suit.

If the go the same route, I guess I'll just spend that 400-500 bucks I was going to spend on a console on my PC instead. Handles games perfectly well right now, but might as well future proof it a bit with a top of the line GPU. Smile

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
07-06-2013, 02:01 AM
(07-06-2013 01:51 AM)Anudist Wrote:  If the go the same route, I guess I'll just spend that 400-500 bucks I was going to spend on a console on my PC instead. Handles games perfectly well right now, but might as well future proof it a bit with a top of the line GPU. Smile

[Image: emperor-palpatine-adj.jpg]

Good. Gooooooooooood...

[+] 5 users Like ELK12695's post
07-06-2013, 02:03 AM
Haha. I'm already half a dark sider anyway as we've discussed, but there are games I need my consoles for. I'll gladly give them up if they go this shitty route, though.

"Good news, everyone!"
-Cody
07-06-2013, 02:06 AM
(07-06-2013 12:58 AM)ELK12695 Wrote:  Sadly, where Microsoft goes, Sony is likely to follow in some way. You're lucky if Sony stays away from at least 50 % from the crap you saw up there. But don't get your hopes up.

Reasons to convert to PC gaming.