Xbox One fucks up. Again. Oh, you poor console sods

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2013, 11:35 AM
RE: Xbox One fucks up. Again. Oh, you poor console sods
Offline has worked for me on my PC.
Last time I was online with it was the night I installed Skyrim (on my PC, it's always online on my laptop). Never had a problem with offline.

PC is far easier to always be anyway, I would think the vast majority of people (certainly gamers) would be always connected to the internet anyway.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2013, 12:31 PM
(07-06-2013 11:24 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Here's my take on steam and why it is Beloved. We settled. It was the best thing offered, and for the most part still is. Is it perfect, no, but it is better than what the XBone (btw everyone needs to call it that) is proposing.

It isn't the best thing offered, and never has been - but Steam was one of the first, and through whatever quirk of fate long ago hit critical mass on market penetration. So we're stuck with it for the forseeable future.

It's only even better in some ways for all that, which I shall demonstrate in one word: resale.

(07-06-2013 11:35 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Offline has worked for me on my PC.
Last time I was online with it was the night I installed Skyrim (on my PC, it's always online on my laptop). Never had a problem with offline.

PC is far easier to always be anyway, I would think the vast majority of people (certainly gamers) would be always connected to the internet anyway.

That it worked for you is nice (I did say it nearly always does, nowadays). That it didn't work for many people for a long time is also true. That your account may be locked at any time for any reason and leave you shit out of luck is likewise true - indeed, the service itself is not guaranteed and could also be terminated at any time for any reason. That's what we've all accepted (me too, I'll add); I think it's healthy to, at minimum, acknowledge that.

That the majority of the potential audience has an internet connection already isn't the point; it's the principle.
07-06-2013, 01:19 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 01:24 PM by ELK12695.)
What's the issue with Steam? Okay, so maybe Steam needed to online all the time before, but as said, that's BEFORE, not now. I have had no problems with Steam. I first logged in 2009. Then I left it for 3 years. I logged on again after all those years, and nothing had changed with my profile. The Steam sales are awesome, I just bought Arkham Asylum and City for 10 Euros. And Steam and Steam cloud is all free. I often play offline with no problems. Valve is still away from the crap Microsoft and Sony are doing. Eventually somebody is going to ask Gaben what he thinks about this, and we all know he's going to bash the shit out of these things, even he's planning a Steam-box. Atleast he implores people to modify the products they have BOUGHT. Buying the Xbox One and most likely the PS4 will make you into a brainless bitch.

Oh, and one more thing. Noticed how much the Xbox One looks like Windows 8? Yeah, I'm sure that's going help Microsoft keeping hackers and viruses away from their consoles. Just imagine something like the PSN Incident happening with the 24 H DRM bullshit they have now. I'm telling you, it's 1983 all over again.
07-06-2013, 01:29 PM
(07-06-2013 01:19 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  What's the issue with Steam? Okay, so maybe Steam needed to online all the time before, but as said, that's BEFORE, not now. I have had no problems with Steam. I first logged in 2009. Then I left it for 3 years. I logged on again after all those years, and nothing had changed with my profile. The Steam sales are awesome, I just bought Arkham Asylum and City for 10 Euros. And Steam and Steam cloud is all free. I often play offline with no problems. Valve is still away from the crap Microsoft and Sony are doing. Eventually somebody is going to ask Gaben what he thinks about this, and we all know he's going to bash the shit out of these things, even he's planning a Steam-box. Atleast he implores people to modify the products they have BOUGHT. Buying the Xbox One and most likely the PS4 will make you into a brainless bitch.

Just because Valve have so far acted better doesn't make it a good thing for them to have complete control over a closed platform.

That's the whole point.

The difference is that Steam isn't the entirety of PC gaming. It's the fuckwits who want it to be that I was getting pissy about.
07-06-2013, 01:30 PM
(07-06-2013 01:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 01:19 PM)ELK12695 Wrote:  What's the issue with Steam? Okay, so maybe Steam needed to online all the time before, but as said, that's BEFORE, not now. I have had no problems with Steam. I first logged in 2009. Then I left it for 3 years. I logged on again after all those years, and nothing had changed with my profile. The Steam sales are awesome, I just bought Arkham Asylum and City for 10 Euros. And Steam and Steam cloud is all free. I often play offline with no problems. Valve is still away from the crap Microsoft and Sony are doing. Eventually somebody is going to ask Gaben what he thinks about this, and we all know he's going to bash the shit out of these things, even he's planning a Steam-box. Atleast he implores people to modify the products they have BOUGHT. Buying the Xbox One and most likely the PS4 will make you into a brainless bitch.

Just because Valve have so far acted better doesn't make it a good thing for them to have complete control over a closed platform.

That's the whole point.

The difference is that Steam isn't the entirety of PC gaming. It's the fuckwits who want it to be that I was getting pissy about.

I wouldn't mind other systems similar to steam to pop up. More diversity in the market place is usually a good thing.

[Image: Hitchhikersguide_zps7678fbae.jpg]
07-06-2013, 01:37 PM
I had bad experiences with Sony, hopefully they'll pull through.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
08-06-2013, 11:04 AM
(07-06-2013 01:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-06-2013 01:29 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Just because Valve have so far acted better doesn't make it a good thing for them to have complete control over a closed platform.

That's the whole point.

I wouldn't mind other systems similar to steam to pop up. More diversity in the market place is usually a good thing.

Would it though?
It would if games could be installed on different steam type clients, but it wouldn't work like that. AND even if it did, could I install it on steam AND this other client?
It would just result in having 20 different clients like steam for 20 different games which would just be annoying.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
09-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Looks like I'll be sticking to my 360.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Tartarus Sauce's post
09-06-2013, 12:58 PM (This post was last modified: 09-06-2013 01:57 PM by Elesjei.)
You'd need to keep it even if you bought the new Xbox, because the new one isn't backwards compatible, meaning all your currently owned games will not work on the new system. It's the same with the new PlayStation unfortunately.

Sony and Microsoft have really screwed up with the new systems in many ways, but Microsoft especially - online validations, used game fees, restrictions on using a game on other people's consoles, a lack of backwards compatibility...

It would be awesome if everyone boycotted the new systems, but I know that's not going to happen. Being ass-raped isn't enough of a deterrent when it comes to acquiring new technology.

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
09-06-2013, 02:50 PM
(09-06-2013 12:58 PM)Elesjei Wrote:  used game fees

I'm sorry, but game developers have been doing this for years now. The only difference is that they pressured the console developer to implement it for them.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Xbox Live Gamertags? legendoflink 55 2,242 31-03-2014 08:59 AM
Last Post: Im_Ryan
  World Of Tanks... Xbox 360 Sam 2 326 12-02-2014 05:02 PM
Last Post: Sam
  Should of waited to buy xbox one .. TheThirdEye 26 655 27-01-2014 10:03 PM
Last Post: earmuffs
Question Does anybody still play and have the xbox 360 Metazoa Zeke 0 152 27-01-2014 06:18 PM
Last Post: Metazoa Zeke
  F*%# Skyrim the glitchiest POS on console Ferdinand 9 281 25-01-2014 01:27 PM
Last Post: Logisch
  I LOVE CounterStrike:Go for Xbox 360! JesusChrist 3 219 17-01-2014 05:17 AM
Last Post: Anudist
  PS4 vs Xbox One AphexandCambria 65 1,589 19-12-2013 10:38 PM
Last Post: earmuffs