Xbox...please help

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-01-2015, 09:44 AM
RE: Xbox...please help
You guys are great! So I will go with the 360 and possibly add the internet subscription.

Re PC vs Xbox. She tells me the game is much easier to manipulate using the remote on the Xbox as compared with the computer. Ours is an older laptop and I've moved on to a Surface tablet for home computing.

She has been playing MC for a couple years. She seems to think she'll be interested in other games for Xbox (like just dance which she claims is better on xbox than her wii). We live a good distance from her friends so sharing on the internet is appealing.

Muffs, I can't even comprehend that children are dying of starvation right now while my kids are worried about drama on social media on their $400 devices. I just can't deal with it. The reality is that when you have kids the genetic drive to provide them a superior standard of living kicks in. Yes it's selfish as hell, and if taken too far it's damaging to the kids.

Thanks again for everyone's help!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like freetoreason's post
24-01-2015, 01:02 PM
(24-01-2015 09:44 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  You guys are great! So I will go with the 360 and possibly add the internet subscription.

The Xbox Live subscription is not an option if you want her 360 to talk to to her friends' machines and collaborate (assuming they're not going to have a LAN party).

(24-01-2015 09:44 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  Re PC vs Xbox. She tells me the game is much easier to manipulate using the remote on the Xbox as compared with the computer. Ours is an older laptop and I've moved on to a Surface tablet for home computing.

While I'm proud to have built a 6GB server with pretty much every decent plugin (compiled myself), and even agree that the PC version is way better, unless you're going to get a server and get all her friends to buy PCs, then I suspect that's a wrong move.

(24-01-2015 09:44 AM)freetoreason Wrote:  She has been playing MC for a couple years. She seems to think she'll be interested in other games for Xbox (like just dance which she claims is better on xbox than her wii). We live a good distance from her friends so sharing on the internet is appealing.

...and they'll be able to chat while they play too.

"I don't mind being wrong...it's a time I get to learn something new..."
Me.
N.B: I routinely make edits to posts to correct grammar or spelling, or to restate a point more clearly. I only notify edits if they materially change meaning.
24-01-2015, 04:35 PM
Quote:Ours is an older laptop and I've moved on to a Surface tablet for home computing.

Tablet =/= computing.
Tablet = phoning on a bigger screen.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
24-01-2015, 09:05 PM
(24-01-2015 04:35 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Ours is an older laptop and I've moved on to a Surface tablet for home computing.

Tablet =/= computing.
Tablet = phoning on a bigger screen.
Guess it depends on how you define computing. For me it mainly means using Excel and PPT, which I can't do on my phone or IPad.

Except for running SAS programs, my Suface does everything my work desktop does. Then again I may not be enough of a computing nerd to know the difference.
25-01-2015, 08:01 PM
Oh the tears that have rolled down my face with laughter as i have trapped people in obsidian, created large offensive phalluses with my friends through peoples houses and simply trolled the innocent unsuspecting community of minecraft Angel

I feel so much, and yet I feel nothing.
I am a rock, I am the sky, the birds and the trees and everything beyond.
I am the wind, in the fields in which I roar. I am the water, in which I drown.
25-01-2015, 08:04 PM
If she's young, avoid Minecraft.... Its very violent and features explicit sexual content.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post