YA BOY IS GOING TO COLLEGE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2014, 02:49 PM
YA BOY IS GOING TO COLLEGE
HOLY SHIT I AM STARTING COLLEGE IN FIVE DAYS SUCK MY ASS.

Today I registered for all of my classes (which was a nightmare because I procrastinated and instead of registering earlier, I waited until the two scheduled registrations days - today and tomorrow - and people were fucking classes in the ass so hard I was almost afraid they would all fill up before I could figure out how to register on the retarded website because I didn't feel like driving up to the college), paid for them with a grant and received my semester schedule. All that's left for me to do is buy my books.

Conveniently, seeing as I have no transportation of my own besides my mom and her grandma-style ford, I only have classes two days a week and I have three of my five classes with friends of whom I can carpool with. Next week I'm am also getting a new, rad laptop, seeing as I'll need a new one due to having one being a requirement for my English and the one online class I am taking at home.

I am actually really excited, even though most people have told me that soon, my excitement will die off, and this shit hole of a place I'm so excited to attend will extract my soul and devour my brain and emotions and time that I could be spending doing cool, young things. Like voodoo and underage drinking.

Shy

Regardless, I am extremely excited and these emotions and this period of my life were thread worthy because it seems like just yesterday I joined the forum as a precious little fifteen year old.

BUT ASIDE FROM MY EXCITEMENT AND PARTIAL DEPRESSION ABOUT GROWING UP AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIT INSIDE OF FISHERPRICE TOY CARS ANYMORE, PLEASE SHARE EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS ABOUT COLLEGE AND YOUTH AND THE SADNESS AND EXPENSES OF REQUIRED EDUCATION.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Ferdinand's post
13-08-2014, 02:58 PM
RE: YA BOY IS GOING TO COLLEGE
Our little Ferdi is all grown up! Weeping

Here is a hint. Stop after 10 double shots of Jack Daniels...just sayin'

You should probably study at some point.

You'll do well, I just know it!Bowing

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 6 users Like KidCharlemagne1962's post
13-08-2014, 03:08 PM
Soooo thrilled for you Ferdi! Hug and proud too...Heart

College was a fantastic time for me. At first it felt like high school with ashtrays, but as I discovered my passion suddenly everything opened up.

I think my college frienships have outlasted all others.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2014, 03:22 PM
(13-08-2014 02:58 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Our little Ferdi is all grown up! Weeping

Here is a hint. Stop after 10 double shots of Jack Daniels...just sayin'

You should probably study at some point.

You'll do well, I just know it!Bowing

I am so sad. I can go to jail now and soon I'll start getting back pains and complaining about "getting old." Weeping

My study habits are terrible, I may need more than ten. Blush

(13-08-2014 03:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Soooo thrilled for you Ferdi! Hug and proud too...Heart

College was a fantastic time for me. At first it felt like high school with ashtrays, but as I discovered my passion suddenly everything opened up.

I think my college frienships have outlasted all others.

Thank you so much Heart

Yeah, currently it doesn't feel like I'm actually a college student. It hasn't started to settle in, but I'm very excited about becoming comfortable with it. The next four years of my life will consist of this.
[+] 4 users Like Ferdinand's post
13-08-2014, 03:24 PM
(13-08-2014 02:49 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  PLEASE SHARE EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS ABOUT COLLEGE AND YOUTH AND THE SADNESS AND EXPENSES OF REQUIRED EDUCATION.

I stuffed around a lot in undergrad and I regret it now. Not really. I mean I do kinda. I had some good experiences but they weren't *amazing*, and they mostly consisted of getting too drunk and doing stupid shit. Hangovers suck.

For what it's worth, my advice is: decide what you want to walk away with from college (ideally IMO, a degree in something you enjoy), and make sure that you achieve that goal no matter what, even if you have some detours along the way. And have some fun - this is an exploring time of your life Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
13-08-2014, 04:00 PM
(13-08-2014 02:49 PM)Ferdinand Wrote:  HOLY SHIT I AM STARTING COLLEGE IN FIVE DAYS SUCK MY ASS.

Today I registered for all of my classes (which was a nightmare because I procrastinated and instead of registering earlier, I waited until the two scheduled registrations days - today and tomorrow - and people were fucking classes in the ass so hard I was almost afraid they would all fill up before I could figure out how to register on the retarded website because I didn't feel like driving up to the college), paid for them with a grant and received my semester schedule. All that's left for me to do is buy my books.

Conveniently, seeing as I have no transportation of my own besides my mom and her grandma-style ford, I only have classes two days a week and I have three of my five classes with friends of whom I can carpool with. Next week I'm am also getting a new, rad laptop, seeing as I'll need a new one due to having one being a requirement for my English and the one online class I am taking at home.

I am actually really excited, even though most people have told me that soon, my excitement will die off, and this shit hole of a place I'm so excited to attend will extract my soul and devour my brain and emotions and time that I could be spending doing cool, young things. Like voodoo and underage drinking.

Shy

Regardless, I am extremely excited and these emotions and this period of my life were thread worthy because it seems like just yesterday I joined the forum as a precious little fifteen year old.

BUT ASIDE FROM MY EXCITEMENT AND PARTIAL DEPRESSION ABOUT GROWING UP AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIT INSIDE OF FISHERPRICE TOY CARS ANYMORE, PLEASE SHARE EXPERIENCES AND OPINIONS ABOUT COLLEGE AND YOUTH AND THE SADNESS AND EXPENSES OF REQUIRED EDUCATION.

Down here, you pretty much have to register online for your courses since it's pretty much all automated now.

If all goes well for me, I'll be headed off to university me'self... I know the BS I'm going to target, but outside of that itself, I know fuck all about anything.
I suppose I feel somewhat like a deer in the headlights about the entire prospect....

(13-08-2014 03:24 PM)morondog Wrote:  I stuffed around a lot in undergrad and I regret it now. Not really. I mean I do kinda. I had some good experiences but they weren't *amazing*, and they mostly consisted of getting too drunk and doing stupid shit. Hangovers suck.

... Please stop destroying my hope of meeting other people like me.... It's all I have!!!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
13-08-2014, 04:10 PM
You'll be fine Ferdi, I have faith in you!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2014, 04:10 PM
(13-08-2014 04:00 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  ... Please stop destroying my hope of meeting other people like me.... It's all I have!!!
There are all sorts at uni dude. Just find a crowd that suits you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 3 users Like morondog's post
13-08-2014, 04:20 PM
A). CONGRATS DUDE, MAKE SURE YOU KICK ASS THERE

B). Thanks for reminding me I need to study for the SATs and that I need to learn how to one day get into college in japan.

Also while you are there send pics, because if not it did not happen.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
[+] 1 user Likes Metazoa Zeke's post
13-08-2014, 04:40 PM
Heart Ferdi and also Free Thought!!
Off to an exciting .... tapering off of childhood. Yea! Clap I suppose moving away from childhood can be bittersweet but try not to give it so much thought you become maudlin about it. Before you know it, you will begin to get on with your time of exploration and experimentation. That is something to Clap applaud.

Thinking back... Consider I noticed that even some of what I thought were really shitty times, now it seems that I actually did learn things from the experiences.

If you stay really focused on class work, everything else can be really crazy and you'll still survive.
So, my advice is to hit class 100% and study 100% but only while you are in class and studying. In other words; give yourself ample time to relax, have fun, and let yourself go.

Expand your horizons; if you don't go beyond where you've never been, you'll never get anywhere.
Meet and get to know lots of new and different people.
If you do drugs, do them very sparingly and do NOT mix them - especially not with alcohol - ever. It's always better to be careful than sorry.
Sleep with new and different people and always be respectful of your own safety as well as others'. Once again - it's better to be careful than sorry.

The first semester can be a bit mind boggling but don't sweat it - eventually, everything will gel.

A rundown of your classes might be an interesting thread topic or if you just want some feedback.
Otherwise ...

Pics or the next four years didn't happen. Drinking Beverage

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post