YA BOY IS GOING TO COLLEGE

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-08-2014, 09:34 PM
RE: YA BOY IS GOING TO COLLEGE
I can already tell I'm going to be very overwhelmed and stressed for the first couple of weeks. My English class seems like smooth sailing so far. My speech class will require lots of online work. My orientation with require lots of online work as well, and I have a ways to go in progressing math wise.

From 3 to 5:30 I sat around campus starving and after my math class, my mom was supposed to come and pick me up but couldn't because she didn't know where the college was. So she went home, and I was stuck on campus until 9:20pm waiting on a friend to come and get me.

Luckily, I may be able to go home with a friend some days, I have a friend who I can go out for lunch with between 3 and 5:30, and I had a friend bring me powdered doughnuts, a banana, a coke and some popcorn before my math class because I had hardly eaten anything. I was a cheered up camper.

I came home with a major headache and my sister's dog had shit in my room.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2014, 11:27 PM
Gross.

That time between classes will be useful for doing homework later on. Just be sure to use your time wisely Thumbsup

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
19-08-2014, 11:58 PM
It'll get better Smile Once it gets to be routine you'll be fine. Just go out there and work hard Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-08-2014, 12:05 AM
(19-08-2014 08:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I haven't been a big fan of my time in college. I never got the "full experience" because I didn't live in the dorms. I've lived off campus the entire time. In addition, I've been anti-social (colloquial usage, not clinical) for many years and avoided hanging out with any peers outside of class. I'm now regretting this since I'm nearing the end of my time as an undergrad. I don't have a single college friend to speak of. My advice is get involved in something. It will expand your social circle.

Most of what I know has come from private study. This fact bothers me since I've paid a lot of money to get my degree. Once I graduate, my diploma will only show that I mastered a given curriculum. If you plan on going to grad school, my advice is to take what you most likely will learn in private study and apply it to an extracurricular project associated with your degree. This will make you a more attractive prospect.

Have you decided on a major yet? Sorry if you've already mentioned it. I haven't read the entire thread.

Never mind. I see that you are doing "computer science and programming."

So, I order to get the most out of my future time at university, I'd need to live on-campus?

I think I'm fine only having the partial experience then. I'm naturally (colloquially) anti-social anyway, not that I'd need any extra incentive to not live on-campus. I'll be a few grand out when I start and I do not need paying to live in on-site accommodation compounding said inevitable debt.
Hell, what exactly would I be missing?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-08-2014, 12:42 AM
(20-08-2014 12:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(19-08-2014 08:53 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  I haven't been a big fan of my time in college. I never got the "full experience" because I didn't live in the dorms. I've lived off campus the entire time. In addition, I've been anti-social (colloquial usage, not clinical) for many years and avoided hanging out with any peers outside of class. I'm now regretting this since I'm nearing the end of my time as an undergrad. I don't have a single college friend to speak of. My advice is get involved in something. It will expand your social circle.

Most of what I know has come from private study. This fact bothers me since I've paid a lot of money to get my degree. Once I graduate, my diploma will only show that I mastered a given curriculum. If you plan on going to grad school, my advice is to take what you most likely will learn in private study and apply it to an extracurricular project associated with your degree. This will make you a more attractive prospect.

Have you decided on a major yet? Sorry if you've already mentioned it. I haven't read the entire thread.

Never mind. I see that you are doing "computer science and programming."

So, I order to get the most out of my future time at university, I'd need to live on-campus?

I think I'm fine only having the partial experience then. I'm naturally (colloquially) anti-social anyway, not that I'd need any extra incentive to not live on-campus. I'll be a few grand out when I start and I do not need paying to live in on-site accommodation compounding said inevitable debt.

I never lived on campus during college. It's nice to be able to go home to your own room without idiots keeping you up all night long with random noises through very thin walls. However, you do miss out on some good stories and memories. It's a good option to make a friend with someone who lives on campus, whose couch/floor you could crash on if something fun is happening. It's all up to you. I feel like I had a good time during college, even with living 20 minutes off campus.

[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post
20-08-2014, 01:14 AM
(20-08-2014 12:42 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 12:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  So, I order to get the most out of my future time at university, I'd need to live on-campus?

I never lived on campus during college. It's nice to be able to go home to your own room without idiots keeping you up all night long with random noises through very thin walls. However, you do miss out on some good stories and memories. It's a good option to make a friend with someone who lives on campus, whose couch/floor you could crash on if something fun is happening. It's all up to you. I feel like I had a good time during college, even with living 20 minutes off campus.

To be honest... That really doesn't help me out when it comes to what I'd be missing out on. In case you missed it, I'm fairly dense regarding this sort of thing; what sorts of good stories, memories or fun I might have elude me.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
20-08-2014, 02:40 AM
(20-08-2014 01:14 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 12:42 AM)Colourcraze Wrote:  I never lived on campus during college. It's nice to be able to go home to your own room without idiots keeping you up all night long with random noises through very thin walls. However, you do miss out on some good stories and memories. It's a good option to make a friend with someone who lives on campus, whose couch/floor you could crash on if something fun is happening. It's all up to you. I feel like I had a good time during college, even with living 20 minutes off campus.

To be honest... That really doesn't help me out when it comes to what I'd be missing out on. In case you missed it, I'm fairly dense regarding this sort of thing; what sorts of good stories, memories or fun I might have elude me.

You don't know it's a good story until you're in the moment or the event is over. The idea is to just be around Tongue

20-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Jasslike, Ferd's been modified! Intense... Better smarten up folks, she's a gonna be cleanin' up this here town...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
20-08-2014, 05:01 AM
(20-08-2014 12:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hell, what exactly would I be missing?

Living on campus would put you in a situation where you would be forced to socialize. This is something that I regret not doing over the last 4 years.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-08-2014, 05:15 AM
(20-08-2014 05:01 AM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(20-08-2014 12:05 AM)Free Thought Wrote:  Hell, what exactly would I be missing?

Living on campus would put you in a situation where you would be forced to socialize. This is something that I regret not doing over the last 4 years.

So there is a projected decrease in levels of forced social interaction by off-campus students as opposed the that of their on-campus counterparts?