YAY GUNS!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-12-2012, 12:47 AM
RE: YAY GUNS!!!
(27-12-2012 07:14 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 06:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  32,000+ die each year? Good thing most people need those things daily to go to work, drop off the kids, pick up groceries, and for basic transportation. I'm glad as many people don't handle loaded guns daily. Whew, that would be much worse than it already is.

Ban SUVs? I live in the northeast where there is enough snow on the ground to justify such vehicles if you need all wheel drive and you have kids (most minivans don't have AWD).

As for the idea that we have enough laws regulating them, you yourself have already pinpointed the fact that there are 50 states with 50 different approaches to this issue. We have too many laws. We need national standards to hold everyone to. Same with education too.
I, too, live in the northeast. No one needs an SUV. They are dangerous to their occupants and to others.
You want traction? Put 4 snow tires on your car. "All-weather" tires are a joke. AWD is nice but not necessary, and cars have it, too.

Yep, get an Audi AWD. A wolf in sheep's clothes. Gets you anywhere you need to go.

And spare a moment to think of your parents and grandparents, and what they did when there was no 4WD.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-12-2012, 03:41 PM
{sarcasm}There is no reason anyone needs one of those evil assault utility vehicles{/end derpy sarcasm}

[Image: trunkMonkey.jpg]

[Image: nepali-ak-trunk-monkey.jpg]
29-12-2012, 05:18 PM
(29-12-2012 03:41 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  {sarcasm}There is no reason anyone needs one of those evil assault utility vehicles{/end derpy sarcasm}

[Image: trunkMonkey.jpg]

[Image: nepali-ak-trunk-monkey.jpg]

Exactly! I'm so happy to have your full support. Can I count on you for a campaign contribution?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-12-2012, 05:22 PM
Re: YAY GUNS!!!
Only if you make sure my-insert organization/industry that needs favors- is taken care of in DC!
29-12-2012, 05:29 PM
(29-12-2012 05:22 PM)TheBlackKnight Wrote:  Only if you make sure my-insert organization/industry that needs favors- is taken care of in DC!
But of course. That's how it all works. Got to grease the wheels.

25-01-2013, 02:24 AM
Wow ban suvs. Anyway to the topic I am an avid gun nut I own many guns and love to shoot. That being said I am not an NRA member because they oppose all laws even common sense laws. Step one gun shows. I have been to gun shows and yes you can buy a gun in the parking lot 100% legally. It is beyond stupid. Gangbangers and felons can just pull up never even go inside and purchase firearms not registered to them brilliant! 2. Mentally ill to me half the problem lies in this category as far as mass shootings go. If you are on powerfull narcotics or anti depressents you should not be able to purchase a firearm. 3. Finally most liberals least favorite topic. High crime areas. Most shootings in the US are carried out by a particular group of people. (My question is why can the ATF not figure out where they are getting guns?} They do not purchase fire arms legally proof in that the most shootings happen in citys with the strictest handgun laws. I am all for guns and gun ownership, I love them for hobby and I like to keep one in my house so if any of the failed war on poverty trickles into my area. IE half assed government programs that debilitate progress. That being said to not get better laws regarding who can purchase firearms is just plain stupidity.
25-01-2013, 02:32 AM
Here I am again with Sam Harris. Can I help it if the guy makes sense?

http://www.samharris.org/blog/item/the-r...of-the-gun

"The problem with faith is that it really is a conversation stopper. Faith is a declaration of immunity to the powers of conversation. It is a reason why you do not have to give reasons for what you believe." - Sam Harris
25-01-2013, 10:54 AM
[Image: NotTheGuns.jpg]