YAY GUNS!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 04:44 PM
RE: YAY GUNS!!!
Nobody seems to have challenged the video I posted, which pretty much squashes all gun prohibitionist arguments.

This is the best case for gun rights I have ever seen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-12-2012, 04:48 PM
I had a gun once. Traded a dime bag for it. Then my buddy borrowed it and shot somebody, so we had to bury it. Big Grin

Yay America!

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
26-12-2012, 04:49 PM
YAY GUNS!!!
(26-12-2012 04:48 PM)houseofcantor Wrote:  I had a gun once. Traded a dime bag for it. Then my buddy borrowed it and shot somebody, so we had to bury it. Big Grin

Yay America!

Thank Gwynnies she converted you before it was too late.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
26-12-2012, 06:40 PM
(26-12-2012 09:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 07:45 AM)bemore Wrote:  I dont blame the guns I blame the psychos who use them.

How do you fix the problem though? Do you ban guns or do you try and adjust society?

You address both issues. I don't blame the car for wrecks, but we adjust the standards of the car, car regulations, and we even hold the people using then responsible for said instrument by making them take tests and become certified to drive it and we register them to their car and make them get insurance. And we don't let the crazies ones drive.

And yet people still drive crazy, drunks still drive, people still speed , and 32,000+ dies on U.S. highways last year.

And those fucking SUVs (sport assault vehicles) are still on the road with the drivers texting away.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
26-12-2012, 08:28 PM
(26-12-2012 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  And those fucking SUVs (sport assault vehicles) are still on the road with the drivers texting away.

In the best NRA tradition I suggest you mount explosive/reactive 'Chobham' armor and a Phalanx CIWS (fully autonomous – a.k.a.robotized – close-in Gatling cannon). They touch you, you blow them up. Without so much as batting an eyelid.
26-12-2012, 11:49 PM
(26-12-2012 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 09:39 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  You address both issues. I don't blame the car for wrecks, but we adjust the standards of the car, car regulations, and we even hold the people using then responsible for said instrument by making them take tests and become certified to drive it and we register them to their car and make them get insurance. And we don't let the crazies ones drive.

And yet people still drive crazy, drunks still drive, people still speed , and 32,000+ dies on U.S. highways last year.

And those fucking SUVs (sport assault vehicles) are still on the road with the drivers texting away.
But... are you suggesting that vehicle licensing / drunk driving laws are a waste of time and money ? Without those laws don't you think the rates would be higher ?
27-12-2012, 06:33 AM
(26-12-2012 11:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 06:40 PM)Chas Wrote:  And yet people still drive crazy, drunks still drive, people still speed , and 32,000+ dies on U.S. highways last year.

But... are you suggesting that vehicle licensing / drunk driving laws are a waste of time and money ? Without those laws don't you think the rates would be higher ?
No, I'm pointing out two things.
  1. There are already plenty of laws regarding firearm purchase, possession, transport, and use.
  2. SUVs should be banned except for official use.

Drinking Beverage

27-12-2012, 06:46 AM
32,000+ die each year? Good thing most people need those things daily to go to work, drop off the kids, pick up groceries, and for basic transportation. I'm glad as many people don't handle loaded guns daily. Whew, that would be much worse than it already is.

Ban SUVs? I live in the northeast where there is enough snow on the ground to justify such vehicles if you need all wheel drive and you have kids (most minivans don't have AWD).

As for the idea that we have enough laws regulating them, you yourself have already pinpointed the fact that there are 50 states with 50 different approaches to this issue. We have too many laws. We need national standards to hold everyone to. Same with education too.

Evolve
27-12-2012, 06:47 AM
(27-12-2012 06:33 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(26-12-2012 11:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  But... are you suggesting that vehicle licensing / drunk driving laws are a waste of time and money ? Without those laws don't you think the rates would be higher ?
No, I'm pointing out two things.
  1. There are already plenty of laws regarding firearm purchase, possession, transport, and use.
  2. SUVs should be banned except for official use.

Drinking Beverage
Ah... now I see. So you're saying that the firearm industry is already sufficiently regulated and increasing the regulations will be negative in terms of cost / benefit. Predict negligible decrease in number of deaths for appreciable increase in admin ?
27-12-2012, 07:14 AM
(27-12-2012 06:46 AM)TheBeardedDude Wrote:  32,000+ die each year? Good thing most people need those things daily to go to work, drop off the kids, pick up groceries, and for basic transportation. I'm glad as many people don't handle loaded guns daily. Whew, that would be much worse than it already is.

Ban SUVs? I live in the northeast where there is enough snow on the ground to justify such vehicles if you need all wheel drive and you have kids (most minivans don't have AWD).

As for the idea that we have enough laws regulating them, you yourself have already pinpointed the fact that there are 50 states with 50 different approaches to this issue. We have too many laws. We need national standards to hold everyone to. Same with education too.
I, too, live in the northeast. No one needs an SUV. They are dangerous to their occupants and to others.
You want traction? Put 4 snow tires on your car. "All-weather" tires are a joke. AWD is nice but not necessary, and cars have it, too.