YAY Thunderstorms!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2014, 06:09 PM
YAY Thunderstorms!
What is your favorite kind of weather?

Mine is going on outside right NOW!

We never get these where I live. If they do happen its not a good one. Its just a slight quit roar from the maximum length of how far thunder sounds can travel and lasts for maybe 5 minutes. Right now, its like, right on top of us and roaring loudly and constantly. This happens like every 5 years or longer which makes me super excited right now.

Not rain, not lightning...but actual audible LOUD THUNDER!

Exhilarating really. Its almost like I pull the energy from the skies into me and I get energized from it. Thunderstorms to me are unique because it is the only kind of weather you can never ignore. No matter what happens here. You can ignore it, except thunder because of how rare it is to get one right on top of you. Then the BOOMS sound like bombs going off inside your house.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Shadow Fox's post
22-07-2014, 06:10 PM
RE: YAY Thunderstorms!
(22-07-2014 06:09 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What is your favorite kind of weather?

We never get these where I live. If they do happen its not a good one. Its just a slight quit roar from the maximum length of how far thunder sounds can travel and lasts for maybe 5 minutes. Right now, its like, right on top of us and roaring loudly and constantly. This happens like every 5 years or longer which makes me super excited right now.

Exhilarating really. Its almost like I pull the energy from the skies into me and I get energized from it. Thunderstorms to me are unique because it is the only kind of weather you can never ignore. No matter what happens here. You can ignore it, except thunder because of how rare it is to get one right on top of you. Then the BOOMS sound like bombs going off inside your house.

Where on Earth do you live to get no thunderstorms? The desert? The high Arctic?
Tongue

... this is my signature!
22-07-2014, 06:20 PM
(22-07-2014 06:10 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(22-07-2014 06:09 PM)Shadow Fox Wrote:  What is your favorite kind of weather?

Where on Earth do you live to get no thunderstorms? The desert? The high Arctic?
Tongue

Valley.

Very seldom do you ever get thunderstorms here. We get them "around" here. As in the outer places of them. But for some reason we almost never get them right over head. Its always off in the distance far away somewhere and the noise only lasts for maybe 5 min- hour at best.

Then again, weather here is strange anyway.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
22-07-2014, 06:22 PM
I love love love big thunderstorms too. My favorite thing is to sit on my screened in front porch and watch a big storm in all it's fury Big Grin

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
22-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Love thunderstorms as long as they don't come with a lot of wind or hail. My dogs aren't as happy with them.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
23-07-2014, 10:57 PM
I live on edge of the Clwydian mountains in North Wales... And we get a similar effect.

The mountains act like a barrier for the storms, meaning they are usually channelled away from us.

What with the hot weather, there's been a lot of stormy weather about here... I've watched several storms track across the flat moorland and plains to the south and east, but nothing over the lumpy bits to the north and west.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2014, 04:32 AM
Re: YAY Thunderstorms!
I love the rolling of thunderstorms coming by, practically everything about the image and feel.

I miss visiting trips I had to new England in mountain Towns up there with the storms being intense and right at our level.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-07-2014, 05:45 AM
I love thunderstorms, too! I feel the exact same way about the energizing! We rarely get them here but back in Alabama we got them almost every day. It's one of the few things I miss from there Tongue

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
24-07-2014, 06:47 AM
Love them, too. My dogs think I've lost my mind because I go outside and watch - lightning, thunder, wind gusts that bend the trees, heavy rain - love it! And yes, very energizing.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
24-07-2014, 06:57 AM
[trivia]Quick trivia question:

How can you tell how far away lightning happens to be?

If you see the flash, count the seconds until you hear the thunder.

5 seconds ~= 1 mile at sea level.
Sound travels approx 1000 ft/sec at sea level.

My wife always thought it was 1 sec = 1 mile. Until that day it was 2 seconds away while she was on the phone at the beach.

[/trivia]
[+] 1 user Likes RogueWarrior's post