YEC PhD gets owned on Amazon book review

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-03-2012, 10:35 PM (This post was last modified: 12-03-2012 10:50 PM by ghostexorcist.)
YEC PhD gets owned on Amazon book review
I recently started a history-related thread on Amazon's forum. I was eventually linked over to the product page for the book The Greatest Hoax on Earth? Refuting Dawkins on Evolution by Jonathan Sarfati (PhD in Chemistry). The book was written to refute many of the evidences for evolution brought up by Dawkins in his Greatest Show on Earth. This book has the greatest demarcation in book reviews that I have ever seen. There are 25 five star reviews and 18 one star reviews, with little to nothing in between. Several of the one star reviews are huge refutations of the book. I thought one particular review was very thorough (scroll up and then read the follow ups below). He calls out the author on numerous problems in the book. The funny thing is that the author replies to his (and other comments) with nothing but immature name calling. Someone even points out: "In my personal view, a ready recourse to written/verbal abuse usually suggests that the author does not yet have a compelling rejoinder to points made to him at his fingertips..." When the reviewer calls him out on quote mining and shows specific examples in the follow up comments, the author totally ignores the charges and then starts accusing him of quote mining. All of the author's comments have been voted down because people can see through his deception. Some are hidden by amazon because they are voted so low. Check out the above link for a good laugh.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like ghostexorcist's post